On 8/10/2018 at 10:29 AM, Urgan said:

Gonna buy some 5-blade razors again and OBSERVE. I am doing all the exciting cutting-edge science over here. 

Ohoho, I see what you did there.....

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Our new cat water fountain clogged up with cat hair and the water smelled like fish tank water and someone managed to get barf UNDER the thing.....discovered at 1AM. Adulting hardcore, y'all.

JESUS DROP KICK ME THROUGH THE GOAL POSTS OF LIFE

CATTE.  WHY.  Ahahaha Finn has a fountain too and I've gotta be up on that thing staying clean or else it's like Womp Womp Sewer City...........  

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

And in exciting news that is only of interest to a subset of you, but Shark Week made itself known in the evening. Why is this exciting? Because I was afraid that my Shark Week operates on a 5 week paradigm, which would push it out a week from now (striking next Saturday at the earliest). But no, it's here on the old post-BC schedule. I wonder if this and my weight gain is a partial indicator of my stress levels falling??

........ But why???  Bodies my word.  You'd think this would be one thing, just one, we could set like clockwork Because Biology but how about a big ol' heckin' NOPE.

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

Ohoho, I see what you did there.....

It's actually a different set of 3-blade razors, I remembered wrongly. But these ones have flex heads and that matters in the interests of Not Skinning Myself.

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

JESUS DROP KICK ME THROUGH THE GOAL POSTS OF LIFE

CATTE.  WHY.  Ahahaha Finn has a fountain too and I've gotta be up on that thing staying clean or else it's like Womp Womp Sewer City...........  

Yeah, so we're learning. I have informed the husband and got no back talk, so I think we're on board for not fouling up the local air, water, and land.

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

........ But why???  Bodies my word.  You'd think this would be one thing, just one, we could set like clockwork Because Biology but how about a big ol' heckin' NOPE.

I'm gonna take Heck No for $1000, Alex. I ain't even mad, tho. I thought I was just a broken.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Okay brace yourself from some Slight Math.

image.png.82dd1cbd409f4ce3389876f56d331370.png

I went back and figured out how long the discrepancy has been going on, AKA the majority of the time I have been trying in earnest to hit 2500 daily. These numbers are a very, very rough estimate because beforehand I was averaging 2300, where the daily amounts fluctuated between 2100 and 3000, depending on the day. On the surface they do not look as bad as I figured, but depending on what days you're looking at the difference is somewhere between 200 and 400 calories, -ish. And not coincidentally, 7/9 is where you start to see a serious shift from 117 to 119-120lbs. Based on numbers just prior to this, an average of 2300 should begin to slowly move the needle back into the 117s, where I'd rather be. I don't think 2lbs less fat is too much to ask, we'll see if my performance takes a dive, though, because my body is clearly quite happy with the surplus. 

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

oh my god

oh my actual sweet baby lord jesus

from the first second of that video i could not.  stop.  laughing.

CATCH HIM DERRY

kvsfhdokfsaaAHAHAHahaha oh my word phewwww i'm sweating that was amazing where did you FIND THAT?!?!???!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, shaar said:

oh my god

oh my actual sweet baby lord jesus

from the first second of that video i could not.  stop.  laughing.

I KNOW, right??

15 minutes ago, shaar said:

CATCH HIM DERRY

AS HE STANDS BEHIND THE DOOR YELLING AT SOME POOR WOMAN FOR BEING USELESS BEHIND HER DOOR.

Because he's more scared of the poor bat than she is OMG. It's too good.

17 minutes ago, shaar said:

kvsfhdokfsaaAHAHAHahaha oh my word phewwww i'm sweating that was amazing where did you FIND THAT?!?!???!

This is the lovechild of my interest in flying fox rescue/rehab (I follow Megabattie FYI) and random funny animal videos manifesting via Youtube's recommendations.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, shaar said:

Biology = Complicated

So many interacting stimuli and responses. That said, I always appreciated having a regular 4-week schedule instead of a 6-week or the stress-inducing 8-week schedule. Just about the only good thing about being on the Pill was the regularity. Once my body got that pattern going, it kept it up in the absence of outside hormones.

• Like 2

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

I had a truly Interesting dream as well.

Humanity lives in a deep below water city made of glass (because of COURSE). I am approached by my boss(es) and the client where said bosses have promised me, the QA person, that I will come up with their product (suspiciously sounding like a paper document...) all by myself. Spent most of the whole time being shadowed and harassed by said client for status while trying to do my job also the giant glass city is slowly imploding due to water pressure. Panic in the streets. Somehow I end up saving some girl from the chaos and steer her toward temporary safety, at which point the logical thing to do is turn into a dragon and make for the Surface. 

The End.

This prompts more questions than answers about how my subconscious processes my career path.

STRESS DREAMS ARE FUN YEP

I mean why wait til you're at work to get stressed out? Why not just stress out right there in your own bed asleep? So convenient

• Haha 1

8/13/2018

giphy.gif

And here....we...go

Recovery

Sleep - 8/25

2300 cals - 2250 : 2250

Aikido

Jo - 5/10 

Suwari Waza - 3/5

Adulting

SQL - 55%

Math - 2/5 

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

99         3--3RM PR + .5LB!!

89         3x3

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

72         3--3RM PR + .5LB!!

68         6x3

Anyone who saw the video of that bench PR knows why I only did one triple at that weight. Cliff's Notes version: really heavy, clipped the rack on the last rep, had to move myself around on the bench to deal. It was messy and not as glorious as advertised. Did I mention the bar felt heavy? Because yes it did. Time shifting Shark Week and cut does not make for a subtle Monday. 2300 calories start now. I am hoping between now and the end of Shark Week, I will see my target number on the scale. I will of course be paying attention to the fit of my clothes, because that is what started this, after all. I haven't felt bloated in a while, which is good--despite my sudden interest in gluten and dairy free protein bars that have not led to the very best BMs ever. Just gonna put those in a drawer for now....

Bored of my SQL study and not sure how much of it will be useful vs just querying what I need to validate that the website is showing everything it needs to. We'll see.

Aikido was good. We finally, FINALLY did the other half of Jo Kata I. I was prepared for the first half, and muddled through the second half enough to do the entire 22 part a few times. I got home, watched the kata video and the suwari waza kokyunage video, ran through the kata a few times and reviewed all the suwari waza in my head where I can't ingrain bad habits but I should be able to get started on the mat without having to struggle and look completely and utterly foolish. This and my husband deciding to do a new patient intake form at 10:30 PM WHY caused me to be a few minutes late turning off the light, but I need my winding-down time bad.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

STRESS DREAMS ARE FUN YEP

I mean why wait til you're at work to get stressed out? Why not just stress out right there in your own bed asleep? So convenient

Well what we do know is my subconscious has a deathgrip on the concept of metaphors.

• Like 1

8/14/2018

giphy.gif

Working from home like

Recovery

Sleep - 9/25

2300 cals - 2218 : 2186

Aikido

Jo - 5/10 

Suwari Waza - 3/5

Adulting

Selenium

Math - 2/5 

Another day that convinces me that I am in fact the God of Hangovers....how else do you explain feeling like someone whopped you with a baseball bat, you didn't sleep a wink, and your brain is operating on about 1.5 cylinders despite the fact that your only crimes were eating 2250 calories and staying up an extra 15 minutes. Notice there was no alcohol listed in that sentence. I suppose this could be Shark Week's doing. It likes to shake it up every now and again, you see. It didn't get a lot better over the course of the day, which I took the opportunity to test my laptop's ability to do that VPN thing we love so much from home, which is more than I do on a typical New Sprint Tuesday (programmers need to do their job before I can do mine...) by itself. I also was tasked with getting as up to speed as possible on Selenium before two of our programmers give a micro-training on how it works, which is roughly when they'll probably start expecting me to actually be semi-competent at automated testing. This is kind of a big deal, because if I can get Automated Testing Experience on my resume, I automatically have access to a lot more opportunities. Not that I am entertaining the possibility of jumping ship already, I'm just saying this is major. 

• Like 1

The Anti-Hangover Hangover...... prithee WTF?

Shark Week does work in mysterious (read: annoying as hell) ways.........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shaar said:

The Anti-Hangover Hangover...... prithee WTF?

Shark Week does work in mysterious (read: annoying as hell) ways.........

It's like rolling for Shark Week symptoms every few months...

• Like 1

8/15/2018

giphy.gif

How do dis?

Recovery

Sleep - 10/25

2300 cals - 2266 : 2307

Aikido

Jo - 5/10 

Suwari Waza - 3/5

Adulting

Selenium

Math - 2/5 - 21%

Squat

45           3

125         3

140         3

160         3

180         5x3

Alrighty, well Shark Week Hangover sort of continues, but I went to the gym and 3RM morning PR'd my squat by 2lbs anyway. My phone acted bizarrely in the morning, spooking me good. Restarted itself twice and in between its battery ran down 2% even though it was hooked up. Decided that was the end of the line for my 4 year old Samsung Galaxy S5 and got an S9+ for each of us, which is pretty sweet in every way except price. Husband got a battery of allergy tests done and he's allergic to like, the Outdoors lol. But seriously, he's got that info and we'll get a treatment plan to help work on retraining his immune system soon, insurance pending. So if you're keeping track at home, that's $700 total that left our bank account for two atypical transactions today lol. WHEE. Aikido was gokyo and my left arm was Toast by the end.

Calories are on point, sleep is good, but weight is stubbornly hanging onto the 119s. Really hoping I rolled water retention for Shark Week this time. 

• Like 3

I love allergy tests.  I had one done as a kid and it came back that I was allergic to cats, mold, and grass.  So, pretty much life in general then, LOL.  I dunno how much faith I put in it since I've had cats all my life so.... but this was also the early 90's, who knows what kind of crap technology they were working with back then??

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

I love allergy tests.  I had one done as a kid and it came back that I was allergic to cats, mold, and grass.  So, pretty much life in general then, LOL.  I dunno how much faith I put in it since I've had cats all my life so.... but this was also the early 90's, who knows what kind of crap technology they were working with back then??

His attacks are so bad and debilitatingly random, indoors and out, that his immune system is pissed off about something. And we're on the same page about not just taking a pill and ignoring it, so that's something.

8/16/2018

giphy.gif

Oversized calories ---> oversized gif

Recovery

Sleep - 10/25

2300 cals - 2283 : 2382

Aikido

Jo - 5/10 

Suwari Waza - 3/5

Adulting

Selenium

Math - 2/5 - 52%

Thursday wasn't that bad. Read some Selenium, tried to play with some Selenium IDE, sorta kinda almost did something with it, but got dead-stopped by typeahead-enabled textboxes. Yeeeeeeee. 

I math'd a good bit, but did no Aikido-related things at all. Total rest day. The best part of every Thursday is that post-shower nap. Derivatives are going to require quite a bit more time than limits for me to grasp, it looks like.

23 hours ago, Kishi said:

Yay for new phones! Boo for spending money!

But such is life, I guess. :D

Probably going to have to shuffle yet more money around to make this and next month work.....sigh. I do love my phone, tho.

• Like 3

8/17/2018 - 8/19/2018

giphy.gif

...and then you drop the jo like this...

Recovery

Sleep - 11/25

2300 cals - 2222 : 2052, 2156, 2220

Aikido

Jo - 6/10 

Suwari Waza - 4/5

Adulting

Selenium

Math - 3/5 

Friday

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

72         5x3

68         3

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

95         3

80         5x3

So there's this guy in the gym. He's a very, very pale, heavyset dude with black hair, black shirt/hoodie, black pants, black shoes, black fanny pack, black girlfriend (I mean, I do hope she was his girlfriend since he threw an arm around her and all....but it is not a guarantee)....you get the idea. He's the guy marching around randomly throwing kicks in the air like a jackrabbit right about March 1st, punching the punching bag a few times, then going over to the smith machine and doing things to that. Quite the character. I normally see him on Saturdays in the afternoon, but he's been showing up in the mornings and amusing me every single time. Today was such a day. In this episode of just a chubby dude farting around in the gym taking himself way too seriously, he marched past the benches area and hopped up on the seat of the nearby cable machine as part of his walking "lap" of the weight area. Just another day of commercial gym antics, I guess.

I up and gave recording Selenium tests a try and that was hilarious as mentioned in Thursday's post, but this time I met with actual success. Turns out when you're dealing with typeahead textboxes it will either switch up two steps or you have to add a step explicitly giving it the full line of the thing in the typeahead you want the automated test to pick. It's kind of clunky, but it'll do for now.

Saturday

Squat

45           3

125         3

145         3

160         3

188         5x3

Deadlifts

145         3

165         3

185         3

215         5x3

195           3

I had every excuse for not doing this session or as many sets or something. Shark Week Weakness, grogginess from a too-long nap, consequential lateness getting to the gym, etc. Yeah it felt pretty bad, but I did it. And my jo practice, and the rest of the Calculus videos for Week 3. I remembered to trim my nails so I won't scar anyone during Aikido, myself included. Seriously gouged the pad of my own thumb with my index finger recently and it's only just healed.

Sunday

More jo practice (I remembered how to do it after 3 days), a small bit of suwari waza wherein I realized I had forgotten part of how some of the techniques go. I woke up a smidge earlier than usual, got all my chores done really quickly, so allllll the napping. I even got a haircut. I am so freaking groomed, y'all. 

Also 2222 calories. Wut. Weight held at 118.4lbs both Saturday and Sunday, and down to 118lbs on Monday, sooooooo.......maybe plz stay there, body?

2 hours ago, Jord said:

took me way too long to realize you weren't talking about selenium the nutrient readily available in brazil nuts

....perhaps I should have clarified, lol. 

• Like 2

There was a fella who used to be my amusement at my gym (where amusement is thin, because it's a dirty warehouse gym, so not a lot of people who are too clueless or there to say they went) and I miss that guy b/c he used to grunt at everything. Heavy squat "hmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg" and you look over to be sure he isn't doing something NSFG. Curls? "hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!!!!" Always with the brow-raising groans. He hasn't been around in a while.

• Haha 3

8/20/2018

giphy.gif

Me vs Me

Recovery

Sleep - 12/25

2300 cals - 2263 : 2263

Aikido

Jo - 6/10 

Suwari Waza - 4/5

Adulting

Selenium

Math - 3/5 - 21%

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

99         2

90         5x5

OHP

45         5

55         5

60         5

68         2

65         4x5

65         1x4 - missed last rep

It's been a long while since I missed a rep, but I think I found my limit of volume/time. It's cool, I'm telling myself. It was a risk, and now I know. Frustrating, all the same. The good news is the 99lb bench double felt very manageable, suggesting I will tackle triples better next time. AKA I don't think I did anything wrong with food or sleep, I just rushed the sets. 

Aikido was hilarious. My partner had her elbow hyperextended last Wednesday so we were kinda avoiding the hell out of that limb. Luckily we were assigned Aiki-otoshi, which is basically Aikido's own hip throw. Person grabs you from behind, you step your inside leg behind them, squat down, grab their legs from behind the knees and chuck them right over your leg that is placed behind them. Got it? Okay, well I executed the technique just fine on my right side 3 times in a row, the first three times I've ever done it (I don't think Sensei thought I could pick my partner up lol...). We're switching turns being uke and my turn comes back to do left side, my first attempt I bend down, grab her from behind the knees, aaaaand we both go down, my leg at the bottom of the heap. Took me a second to get up, because I had to make some decisions about how I was going to fall that should not involve twisting my ankle, knee, and/or crunching my hip. SUCCESS. What happened? A half-squat set me up to lose my balance and have uke carry me down to the floor in an avalanche of chaos. Boys and girls, half squats aren't even good in Aikido. Do not do them. The very next attempt I did fine and uke landed elbow first on the mat. SIGH. Does hip throw, breaks elbow was the meme-like joke we laughed about, thank God it was only a joke. Sheeesh. Rest of the night was fine. 

Weight this morning is 117.2lbs, so I think it's safe to say two things:

1. Definitely Shark Week bloat happened

2. My macros are on point

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

There was a fella who used to be my amusement at my gym (where amusement is thin, because it's a dirty warehouse gym, so not a lot of people who are too clueless or there to say they went) and I miss that guy b/c he used to grunt at everything. Heavy squat "hmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg" and you look over to be sure he isn't doing something NSFG. Curls? "hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!!!!" Always with the brow-raising groans. He hasn't been around in a while.

I remember that dude. Guess he went to grunt in greeener pastures. This dude I'm not sure whether to pity or avoid him like the plague. To be safe I shall do both.

• Like 1

8/21/2018

giphy.gif

Tackling Tuesday got me like

Recovery

Sleep - 12/25

2300 cals - 2178 : 2093

Aikido

Jo - 6/10 

Suwari Waza - 4/5

Adulting

Math - 3/5 - 42%

This day can DIAF. I woke up with dysfunctional sinuses. It started with the dripping and ended with the clog + headache. Should have gone home halfway through, didn't. The usual nap before dinner happened and not much else aside from dinner. I am done with this week now. 

14 minutes ago, Urgan said:

This day can DIAF. I woke up with dysfunctional sinuses. It started with the dripping and ended with the clog + headache. Should have gone home halfway through, didn't. The usual nap before dinner happened and not much else aside from dinner. I am done with this week now. 

UuuuggGGGHHHHHHHHH THE WORST

BODIES WHY ARE YOU SUCH SACKS OF CRAP SOMETIMES

I mean honestly we've evolved enough over time that you think this wouldn't be an issue anymore yeah???  Hope today is a little kinder with less bus-explosions.