1 hour ago, Urgan said:

It's sorta funny and sorta not.

Well.  Six months unemployed is not funny. :(

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

So I'm not crazy, this is a stupid deal, right?

I do not have any great advice for you, because my experience was much different.  Hmm.  I was pretty close to your age when my position in the local (government owned) utility just did not work out and after six months, I was looking.  They gave me the "gracious out" in that I was allowed to use their resources and look while I was still working for them.  I had about a year and a bit at a previous place, so I returned to that industry.

I had a good friend from that same previous job help me out a lot.  He got a good recruiter involved that works with that industry.  He also gave me a lead to a company he said was hiring.  It was the lead that got me my next job.  The call to HR was very receptive in that they were located near the heart of Silicon Valley at the height of the DotCom and I said I wanted to return to their industry and that was something very unusual for them to hear.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Dating/relationships can be hard like that.

I put a lot of weight on having a group of people to interact with on a regular weekly basis.  So a certain list of people and how many hours per week interacted.  That is the social circle.  So in school or university, you interact regularly with a whole bunch of people at the same stage of life.

My impression of your local culture is this is when the girls typically nail somebody down.  (I saw so many engaged while they were still in high school or university.)

Meanwhile in MinniBulgaria.....   Well, I have not been doing anything the past five months since I started on these 6-day and 5-day programs.  I guess this demonstrates where my priorities lie and therefore I should not complain.  (In other words - Shut up and do the program.)

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

7 hours ago, Urgan said:

So I'm not crazy, this is a stupid deal, right?

Yes, very stupid.

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

7-30-2016

tumblr_nooxkkYXSn1s3rm0eo1_500.jpg

'til you drop

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,463

Protein - 99

Variance - 0/1

...lame. ANOTHER burrito, because I'm a masochist, for lunch. Steak, potato, and green beans for dinner. Just couldn't manage to make myself eat that Epic bar to hit quota. Sigh. Oh well, this week is going to be skewed anyhow.

Mobility!

Hips - 10/12

Neck - 11/12

Worked on my hips, they were pretty knotty, and did some stretches. I feel almost like an adult or something....

Lifting

Just Say NO to Thoracic Flexion

Squat - 45 1x5

115 1x3

150 1x1

175 2x2 - belted

BP -    NA

OHP - 45 1x5 - belted

52 2x3 - belted

DL -    NA

PC -   NA

Chins - 3x3 - deadhang

Due to this week falling into a black hole and Thursday not feeling on the up and up, I gave myself a bit of a break here. "Break" is relative, given this session shifted more volume at 175 than the last time I attempted it, so it wasn't ridiculously sub-max by any means. OHP starts to be work around this point, I need to give it my best to keep form strong and hopefully develop some upper body strength for a change of pace. It was a serious upper body day, given OHP, chins, AND push-ups, lol. (No wonder my traps dislike me this morning~)

Another session with dad, we're still working on his squat and deadlift form. His squat form issues are mobility/body composition issues, I think, so I may have to cajole him to go to get a massage as well, maybe the chiro would be better, not sure. He's got a ROM issue with his shoulders and can't really do low bar back squats as a result. He's getting deeper at the bottom of the squat, so progress is happening. Deadlift is just about straightened out. We had to widen his stance, widen the gap between shin and the bar a good bit, but now he can grip the bar and complete reps with it staying close to his leg all the way until it touches the ground. And that's with 2x5 at 180lbs. He's only just now starting to show signs it's work enough to force him to rest, so soonish it'll be too much stress even for a 2/wk training schedule and I'll make him do only 1 set (he rather likes the challenge of the second set, I'm not forcing 2...).

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 10/12

Rolls + Shikko - 5/4

Dojo Mobility - x

Did the thing, breakfalls felt a LOT better than Thursday, so it was indeed just an off day. 

@ixaera challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,battledawgs.org

Days complete: 8

Other than the protein fail, today was pretty good. Got some laundry done, the guys trimmed a tree in the front yard and cut one down in the back, after which the idea for the steak dinner was conceived on the fly. 

11 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

Well.  Six months unemployed is not funny. :(

For some things in life, you can only laugh or cry...

I do not have any great advice for you, because my experience was much different.  Hmm.  I was pretty close to your age when my position in the local (government owned) utility just did not work out and after six months, I was looking.  They gave me the "gracious out" in that I was allowed to use their resources and look while I was still working for them.  I had about a year and a bit at a previous place, so I returned to that industry.

I had a good friend from that same previous job help me out a lot.  He got a good recruiter involved that works with that industry.  He also gave me a lead to a company he said was hiring.  It was the lead that got me my next job.  The call to HR was very receptive in that they were located near the heart of Silicon Valley at the height of the DotCom and I said I wanted to return to their industry and that was something very unusual for them to hear.

IT'S A TRAP.

I put a lot of weight on having a group of people to interact with on a regular weekly basis.  So a certain list of people and how many hours per week interacted.  That is the social circle.  So in school or university, you interact regularly with a whole bunch of people at the same stage of life.

My impression of your local culture is this is when the girls typically nail somebody down.  (I saw so many engaged while they were still in high school or university.)

Meanwhile in MinniBulgaria.....   Well, I have not been doing anything the past five months since I started on these 6-day and 5-day programs.  I guess this demonstrates where my priorities lie and therefore I should not complain.  (In other words - Shut up and do the program.)

A lot of people marry while in college, but I can't say whether it's a majority or not. Obviously a lot of us don't have it "together" in that sense, especially not when the masters program is giving one merry hell. Trying to start a relationship in the middle of that sounds.....no? Maybe I'm just handicapped.

Yeah, you are putting all your energy into picking things up and putting them down, lol. If you can do your Soviet Bloc programming then have enough energy (to speak nothing of time) to run around with people not doing that volume of work....well then.

5 hours ago, Dagger said:

Yes, very stupid.

I won't turn down an interview, but dang they don't have to fast-pedal me into it.

• Like 4

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Yeah, you are putting all your energy into picking things up and putting them down, lol. If you can do your Soviet Bloc programming then have enough energy (to speak nothing of time) to run around with people not doing that volume of work....well then.

hahaha! :lol:

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

IT'S A TRAP.

How I escape - only time will tell......

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

He's got a ROM issue with his shoulders and can't really do low bar back squats as a result.

Does this mean he can do high-bar?

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Deadlift is just about straightened out. He had to widen his stance, widen the gap between shin and the bar a good bit

The gap between shin and bar?  What gap?  If you read Spezzy's article on deadlifts, she says you should be literally dragging the bar up the shins.  So people who lift a lot had scrapes on the shins and in PL competitions, socks are required.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

4 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

hahaha! :lol:

I think the hardest bit is the "with people not doing that volume of work" part.....understanding wha?

3 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Does this mean he can do high-bar?

The bar isn't sitting on top of his shoulders, it's a smidge below, but not quite in the right place for low bar, I don't think. We're working on it.

5 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

The gap between shin and bar?  What gap?  If you read Spezzy's article on deadlifts, she says you should be literally dragging the bar up the shins.  So people who lift a lot had scrapes on the shins and in PL competitions, socks are required.

Maybe I misunderstood.

We widened the gap between shins and bar while the bar is resting on the ground so he can get himself down in a position to grip the bar and pull it such that it comes up scraping the shins up and down the whole time. He's been wrestling with the bar wanting to roll forward and/or not stay with the line made by his legs 'til now. 

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

7-31-2016

tumblr_oax61bJ15G1sxm23mo4_250.gif

TECHNICALLY a good log day

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,149

Protein - 105

Variance - 0/1

Not the strongest finish, buuut technically inside the quota, so it's good. Yet more leftovers + fried rice. I did new things with this batch: first, I scrambled the eggs instead of frying them then chopping them up into bits, and second I added leftover, carefully sorted bits of pernil to the batch. Pernil has cumin, it's got a decided Central American flair to it, but it really doesn't stick out as being out of place when the soy sauce, sesame seed oil, and mirin hits the pan. 

Mobility!

Hips - 11/12

Neck - 12/12

Whew, despite Shark Week I got close to perfect marks here~ Hips and neck addressed late at night. My right hip/leg is decidedly stiffer than the left. Hmm.

Lifting

-

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 10/12

Rolls + Shikko - 5/4

Dojo Mobility - x

-

@ixaera challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,battledawgs.org
Days complete: 9

Laundry, dishes, cat box, fighting ants that invaded the cat food...lots of sitting with my laptop, writing. What an exciting conclusion to this month, lol. 

• Like 1

When you were talking about your father and low-bar squats, I thought of one of Alan Thrall's (Untamed) recommendations for general strength training:  He suggests conventional deadlift for the posterior chain and high-bar squats.  He showed pictures of his body position being identical for low-bar squat and conventional deadlift - but a high-bar squat has different positioning.

It's a different story if the objective is to maximize PL numbers.  Then you go with whatever combination gives you the biggest numbers.

Meanwhile, I'm being MC-converted to Olympic.  So everything I have been doing the past three months has been high-bar squats and front-squats.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

WEEK 4 DEBRIEF

tumblr_ob5mz9ehji1ry46hlo1_500.gif

Making progress like

Recovery

Food!

AVG Cals - 2,229

AVG Protein - 101

Variance - 1/1

7/25/16                                   7/31/16

Weight: 117.2 lbs                  Weight: 115.8 lbs (-1.4lbs) 

Waist: 23.8"                           Waist: 23.0" (-.8")

Hips: 32.0"                             Hips: 31.8"  (-.2")

Biceps(L/R): 10.0"/10.1"        Biceps(L/R): 10.3"/10.3" (+.3",+.2")

Forearm(L/R): 9.1"/9.0"         Forearm(L/R): 9.3"/9.3" (+.2", +.3")

Thighs(L/R): 20.1"/20.4"        Thighs(L/R): 20.3"/20.7" (+.2", +.3")

Calves(L/R): 11.8"/11.7"        Calves(L/R): 12.0"/11.9" (+.2", +.2")

I'm just going to sit back and laugh about this. It's not really telling me anything I didn't already know. My averages were a little low, but Tuesday happened. 

Mobility!

Hips - 11/12

Neck - 12/12

MASSAGE DAY, Shark Week hormone migraines, and vertebrae popping, oh my! I feel I did pretty well here given all the mess going down. Took Mike to the chiro and massage therapist for the first time this week, and started supervising his therapy.

Lifting

Sadly, this area had to take a hit this week due to Stuff, but I'm not fussed. Just gonna pick myself up and try again with a fresh slate.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 10/12

Rolls + Shikko - 5/4

Dojo Mobility

I am feeling more confident about breakfalls, but still am not there completely. This is fine, Rome wasn't built in a day, tumbling over from standing isn't natural and I have some kinks out. So what? Still glad I'm reviewing the simpler rolls, because wow those get rusty fast. 

22 Pushups Days complete: 9

I'm doing the thing! GASP. Gonna pull this over to the next month's log, of course. I am committed, and whatnot.

• Like 4

For the lulz, and a more accurate comparison of my measurements over time, I present to you...

7/3/16                                   7/31/16

Weight: 115.6 lbs                  Weight: 115.8 lbs (+.2lbs)

Waist: 23.5"                           Waist: 23.0" (-.5")

Hips: 32.0"                             Hips: 31.8"  (-.2")

Biceps(L/R): 10.0"/10.0"        Biceps(L/R): 10.3"/10.3" (+.3", +.3")

Forearm(L/R): 9.0"/9.0"         Forearm(L/R): 9.3"/9.3" (+.3", +.3")

Thighs(L/R): 20.0"/20.25"     Thighs(L/R): 20.3"/20.7" (+.3", +.4")

Calves(L/R): 11.9"/11.9"        Calves(L/R): 12.0"/11.9" (+.1", NA)

And there you have it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

When you were talking about your father and low-bar squats, I thought of one of Alan Thrall's (Untamed) recommendations for general strength training:  He suggests conventional deadlift for the posterior chain and high-bar squats.  He showed pictures of his body position being identical for low-bar squat and conventional deadlift - but a high-bar squat has different positioning.

It's a different story if the objective is to maximize PL numbers.  Then you go with whatever combination gives you the biggest numbers.

Meanwhile, I'm being MC-converted to Olympic.  So everything I have been doing the past three months has been high-bar squats and front-squats.

I sorta have this philosophy about his squats--they aren't where I want him to be right this very moment, but I'm not going to let the perfect be the enemy of the good here. He's gonna squat even with sub-optimal form as limited by his shoulder mobility issues that I aim to fix with time as he becomes more flexible by Doing the Thing--the weights on the bar are glorified dynamic stretches to him and I'm gonna milk that for all its worth. He's got stance, he's just about got depth (maybe half an inch high? Don't care, it's better than a month ago, it'll be better a month later), he feels good doing the squats, weight's going up every session smoothly. I can't complain. 

Have fun with the Dark Side lifting~ 

• Like 4

August 2016 Goals!

Okay, so July was a mixed bag--I did really well in some places (ukemi), okay in others (ukemi and neck mobility), and flat out bombed in others (hip mobility is still WHACK, what happened to July Week 4's lifts??). So, unsurprisingly, there will be yet more carryover because I failed to prove I have solved problems, dusting myself off and restarting my squats as if July Week 4 didn't happen, and the requisite New Thing. August is gonna get this shizz done! 

tumblr_oap4xpKYhd1vy7zg1o1_400.gif

Recovery

Food!

Still going to be logging my calories and protein. As a reminder, this looks like:

Calories - maintain an average of 2300 calories per week, daily calorie target: 2100 - 2500. 

Protein - maintain an average of at least 115

Sugar - list sugar consumed as an means of showing how much of my calories come from junk. Average under 100g.

Weight and measurements will be taken at the end of Week 4 and compared against July Week 4

I like how I feel while formalizing a target and sticking to it. It's not about hitting these numbers precisely, it's about keeping in contact with the touchstone of maintenance. I'm hovering around 114 - 116 lbs now (114.4lbs as of this morning, specifically), and I like 114-115 relative to the tape measurements I'm putting up, the tiny smidgen of useless fluff around my waist is diminished, but I don't feel like I'm tired or anything. Still, the caveat always must be stated: If lifts suffer, this quest will be scuttled. Strength gains are #1.

Mobility!

I have made some major inroads on the areas of my body that have given me fits in the past (knees, neck), now it's time to play around with taking things up a notch. 

• 12 - Hips mobility/stretch
  • 4 - Upper Back Yoga
  • Anything that hurts, twinges, tugs, or kvetches, log it

Sleep!

Guess what's back? Back again. Sleep quest's back.

Get my ass out of the sack at a decent time, so I don't turn into a listless slug of unemployment. Sigh.

• 24 - Out of bed by 8:30AM every day but Sunday, I'm not cruel

tumblr_oajdzzBEWZ1u7t71ro1_500.jpg

Lifting

Do the thing, log the stuff. Maybe video some lifts? I dunno. 

Aikido

ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING, GOT TO KEEP ON ROLLING. Shaking it up, to keep things fresh and address what I perceive as a dulling of my ability to do a smooth back roll. Ideally I'll do standing back rolls, but I may have to take it back to sitting/kneeling--no points against drilling the basics, after all.

• 12 - Standing forward & backward rolls ---- 4x per side
  • 8 - bokken practice 
  • 4 - Ukemi Undo (rolling back and forth), Shikko (knee walking), side breakfalls (standing forward roll > side fall) ---- 2x per side
  • Dojo days - Adductor stretches! Hamstring stretches! Other stretches! Let's mobilize instead of just sitting, shall we?

22kill Pushups

I've done 9 days' worth thus far, leaving 13 days to go!

• 22 - 9 = 13 - a set of 22 pushups

Week Debriefs: 

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Sugar - list sugar consumed as an means of showing how much of my calories come from fruit

:D

Otherwise.  Ya.  I get it.  The only other way I can think of is to separate out your junk items.

Hmm.  On MFP that might be easier than one might think.  Just use Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper as usual and add "junk" to "Snacks" and you have it!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

2 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

:D

Otherwise.  Ya.  I get it.  The only other way I can think of is to separate out your junk items.

Hmm.  On MFP that might be easier than one might think.  Just use Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper as usual and add "junk" to "Snacks" and you have it!

I see what you did there. 

I do separate out my junk vs "extras," aka things I use to supplement protein/calories like eggs and protein bars with little to no sugar in them, I just want to keep an eye on the total, because sugar is sugar. It's like the stocks in the town square, only digital.

• Like 1

Are you tracking sugar because you feel like you are getting too many calories from sweets? Your numbers show that your weight is staying in the same range as your muscles are increasing in size. That's what you want, right?

Do you think you would make better gains if you switched those calories from sugar to complex carbs, fats or more protein?

I like your "keep rolling" goal. :D

• Like 2

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

50 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Are you tracking sugar because you feel like you are getting too many calories from sweets? Your numbers show that your weight is staying in the same range as your muscles are increasing in size. That's what you want, right?

Do you think you would make better gains if you switched those calories from sugar to complex carbs, fats or more protein?

This is kind of what I'm trying to do. Almost constantly last week, I've been experiencing temptation to go get junk food and/or perform one of those "reverse substitutions" with a "protein cookie" as a shortcut to get my numbers in line, not because I wanted one or had no ready alternative. I have a fridge full of food, and I was trying to figure out way to get in my car and go get stuff that has huge carbs/sugar. I've not necessarily fallen to actually developing a bad habit, but my mindset needs to be straightened out. Chocolate will always be a part of my life (unless my body develops an intolerance...in which case it will still be a SMALL part of it, lol. I may have a problem), I don't mind indulging a couple occasions a week or anything, because clearly my body doesn't mind all that much. Make sense?

58 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I like your "keep rolling" goal. :D

It's all about finding a way of training such that everything stays fresh. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Urgan said:

perform one of those "reverse substitutions" with a "protein cookie"

It is so funny when I see other people using my language! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

34 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I have a fridge full of food

This plus a meal plan is always helpful to me.  Obviously the temptation to eat out is so much greater if I know I am coming home to an empty fridge.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

24 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I am right there with you lately, but digging on that quota/limit idea you had.

I'm trying to just limit the macros to below 100g average, if for whatever reason I can't, then I'll be limiting my options via a quota of some kind.

12 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

It is so funny when I see other people using my language! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This plus a meal plan is always helpful to me.  Obviously the temptation to eat out is so much greater if I know I am coming home to an empty fridge.

You made a thing, and it is entirely relevant to what I'm going through, lol. 

A PLAN, sticking to real food for meals is a thing I need.

6 hours ago, Urgan said:

Aikido

ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING, GOT TO KEEP ON ROLLING. Shaking it up, to keep things fresh and address what I perceive as a dulling of my ability to do a smooth back roll. Ideally I'll do standing back rolls, but I may have to take it back to sitting/kneeling--no points against drilling the basics, after all.

• 12 - Standing forward & backward rolls ---- 4x per side
  • 8 - bokken practice
  • 4 - Ukemi Undo (rolling back and forth), Shikko (knee walking), side breakfalls (standing forward roll > side fall) ---- 2x per side
  • Dojo days - Adductor stretches! Hamstring stretches! Other stretches! Let's mobilize instead of just sitting, shall we?

Added bokken practice to the list...knew I'd forgotten something, lol.

• Like 1

8-1-2016

tumblr_m8dadx0Z8L1r3mten.gif

Who needs those two hours anyway?

Recovery

Food!

Calories - 2,195

Protein - 149

Sugar - 86 (chocolate-covered pomegranate bits + milky way midnight minis)

Stuck the first day pretty well. Leftover fried rice + Lemon Pan-Fried Chicken got me most of the way there. Mom told me about a really good chicken idea I am totally going to do. Chicken + Italian dressing mix (dry) + parmesan cheese blend = FLAVOR, just FYI

Mobility!

Hips: 1/12

Upper Back Yoga: 0/4

I did some stretching and rolling at home, and some serious stretching in the dojo re:hips.

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 0/24

Starting tomorrow~

Lifting

PC 45 1x3

52.5 3x3

The super light Monday session continues. Trying to get back into the swing of it and power cleans need extra practice anyhow.

Aikido

Standing F./B. Rolls: 1/12

Bokken Suburi: 0/8

Ukemi Undo: 1/4

Shikko: 1/4

Side Breakfalls: 1/4

Dojo Days: Y

I was brave and went with the big kids to practice ukemi without having a black belt to hold my hand. Did not suck. Totally counting it.

22kill

@ixaera challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day. Support our veterans, check out: 22kill.com, stop22.org, battledawgs.org

Pushups: 10/22

Quite the busy day, your average Monday, when you get up after 10AM. Coffee, vitamins, catching up on NF, then it's on to cooking dinner for later, cycling dishes, eating lunch, and changing sheets. Just in time to run off to the ever-beloved H-Y to work with dad, crash for a few, then it's off to Aikido. If only there was a way to have more time in the day..... * coughs *

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So I'm just gonna stop lurking and officially follow.  

:-)

Ohai~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Stuck the first day pretty well. Leftover fried rice + Lemon Pan-Fried Chicken got me most of the way there. Mom told me about a really good chicken idea I am totally going to do. Chicken + Italian dressing mix (dry) + parmesan cheese blend = FLAVOR, just FYI

I've done that combo before!!! Super good!

Also lemon pan-fried chicken? yes please? That sounds super easy and also delicious.

The job market is so weird. You're in IT right? 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

2 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I've done that combo before!!! Super good!

Also lemon pan-fried chicken? yes please? That sounds super easy and also delicious.

Both result in super tender, juicy chicken. Not sure how it happens with the parm-Italian chicken, but not looking gift horse in the mouth, lol.

3 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

The job market is so weird. You're in IT right?

Broadly speaking, my training puts me in software development, which probably is getting down in the weeds of Computing, but I have worked IT before ("X is broken, [please?] fix it" type work. AGH. Never. Again.). It's all Entry Level 3 years+ experience nonsense. I have 1.5. Yeah.

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

I have worked IT before ("X is broken, [please?] fix it" type work. AGH. Never. Again.).

Indeed. It's like computer janitor work. You're overworked, underappreciated, and expected to know how to fix such a broad range of issues that it's a wonder they get away with paying you so little. Once, I was asked to fix the fridge at a previous job. x_X

(The fuse was blown, so it wasn't actually a tough fix, but STILL. THE PRINCIPLE of the thing)