56 minutes ago, shaar said:

I admire your tenacity.  I would have burned the house down by now..

Then both you AND the scorpion would be homeless, lol. What about them looks delicious to pets, anyway?

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

9-20-2016

tumblr_o28didV66q1ua2wbgo2_400.gif

Catch THIS

Recovery

Food!

Beef and zoodles pt 2; baked pasta with broccoli and sausage, once again, because I am bad

Mobility!

Morning heat: 16/28

Night cold x2: 14/28

Hips/glutes: 7/12

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 9/24

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

90 1x3

115 1x1

135 5x5

PC -    45 1x5

57.5 1x5

67.5 3x3

Aikido

Standing F./B. Rolls: 2/4

Dojo Days: N

Nothing gets you out of bed like a looming interview. The Home Depot interview was...brief. As in 10 minutes. Turns out the position I was most interested in is going strict overnight scheduling soon, so...no. Maybe I’ll become a lumberjack. They have other positions they might try to stick me with, but...maybe that was just an excuse to get rid of me. Left, got gas and some groceries, then came home and crashed for hours. Crawled off the couch, ate a bagel + cream cheese, then went to the gym. Did the thing. Volume day is going to quickly become brutal...again. But I knew that already. Power cleans were...typical, I guess? Videoed my empty bar warm-up and one of the work sets so you can observe what I’m dealing with. As mentioned on the posts, I know there are some issues with sticking receiving the bar (consistently).

Ate lunch at the crack of 4PM, got a shower, then camped the couch some more. Cold therapy. Dinner happened. More couch. Took care of my cold therapy, did some full body stretching with an emphasis on adductors, and worked on predominantly my left hip, because there is a tight, sore bit of obliques near my hip and of course the whole hip area is tight there. However, my neck and pecs needed some help, the area closest to my shoulders were DOMSy from the previous day's adventures.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

16 minutes ago, ixaera said:

well, it would be a great built in shoulder workout!

Also, flannel.

• Like 1

9-21-2016

tumblr_o7xp21mZbt1vvabguo1_250.gif

Martial Arts Offroadin'

Recovery

Food!

Leftovers~ Pasta with sausage and broccoli; boston butt + lima beans + black-eyed peas

Mobility!

Morning heat: 17/28

Night cold x2: 15/28

Hips/glutes: 7/12

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 10/24

Lifting

-

Aikido

Standing F./B. Rolls: 2/4

Dojo Days: Y

Crawled out of bed at a decent time, YAY THAT. Food is on point, along with it food economy. We are wasting very little food lately. This does double duty as we aren’t throwing out food that was perfectly good once AND not buying fast and cheap replacements (by the implied ‘we’ aren’t buying so much fast food, I mean me...LBR). Mobility is on track as it can be, given the goofs on cold therapy in the past. Aikido was pretty good tonight--I stretched and jumped and did well before class began. Today’s session was more judo, as per usual. O uchi gari > o soto gari > ude garami. Translated to English, we did:

• O (great) uchi (inner) gari (reaping)--hook our partner’s leg from the inside to take their balance.

• O (great) soto (outside) gari (reaping)--hook our partner’s leg from the outside

• Combining the two such that an inside attempt is dodged and we switched to the outside attempt

• Running through both variations, the person who starts off as uke ends up flipping nage onto the floor and performing the pin ude garami (bent arm lock)

• Finally, we translated this to Aikido by starting with a ikkyo tenkan that translates into the ude garami pin when uke manages to stand up mid-ikkyo

It was really fun, and the funny thing is about martial arts, since it isn’t serious (a competition or a real encounter with a foe), it is sooooo awkward to have your partner splayed on top of you. My partner made the comment that she describes judo as “Hi, my name is J, and I’m going to lie on your chest now.” Pretty much. I came back with “‘I just met you, and this is crazy…’ insert judo punchline here.”

Not too much to the rest of the day, just dinner and some cold therapy, lol. No scorpions, either.

19 hours ago, Mistr said:

Congratulations on the PRs and your orange belt!  Go Urgan!

My sympathy on the stupid company that led you on for months. I hope you can find something real soon now, then a really good job soon after.

Isn't life fun? Ah well, we move on...

9-22-2016

tumblr_odyh0qhE5L1tjx9amo1_1280.jpg

Fall is in the air; I know because my sinuses are going crazy

Recovery

Food!

Leftover pasta; blueberry bagel + cream cheese, rotisserie chicken; Pasta and white beans with garlic rosemary oil   

Mobility!

Morning heat: 18/28

Night cold x2: 16/28

Hips/glutes: 8/12

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 10/24

Lifting

BP -    45 1x5

55 1x3

75 1x1

86 3x3

OHP - 45 4x5

Chins - 1x3

Aikido

Standing F./B. Rolls: 3/4

Another sleep fail day, darnit. I was so close, then I fell asleep for thirty minutes. Oh well. Food is back-to-back smitten kitchen. Glorious. I spent most of the morning viewing the dvd of 5th kyu requirements...future quest stuffs...

Today was gymming time and, more specifically, bench intensity day, soooo

I’m still working on finding the perfect spot on the ceiling for consistency, but I think this is much improved over my previous efforts. I did all kinds of forward/backward rolling, and I must say some damn fine ukemi was wrought this day. Still working on live toes on what ends up being the back leg at the conclusion of the forward roll, but eh. I’m told this is not something that comes quickly. One day I’ll have an epiphany as to how to achieve this. Plus bonus chins, because Upper Body Day.

Heat, ice, and stretching/rolling applied to multiple regions of the body. Blah blah blah. Over the past few days I’ve applied to a few places, and got a call about contract work that would last to the end of the year at the pay rate I want. Maybe we can afford Christmas + tide over until someone else picks me up after I have even more QA experience, eh? Even if it is wrangling bleeping checks. I hate printers with the fury of a billion white-hot burning suns screaming through space.  

But onto more important things, like dinner:

The recipe is vegetarian, but we live in a world governed by the aggressive use of bacon and I needed the protein anyhow….

9-23-2016

tumblr_n4ku0iBaLN1twwngmo1_500.jpg

...we meet again, my eternal foe

Recovery

Food!

Leftovers; Sonic Chicken Dinner + blueberry bagel

Mobility!

Morning heat: 19/28

Night cold x2: 17/28

Hips/glutes: 9/12

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 11/24

Lifting

-

Aikido

Friday is rest day, what can I say? I get groceries, I lay around--sometimes on a lacrosse ball, other times on ice packs. I eat crappy food based on the fact that Mike is in a certain part of town, I need a certain amount of protein, and I feel like a jackass wanting to tell him to drive to the other side of the highway to get the thing I really want (starts with a 'b', ends with 'urrito'). Sigh. Boring day is boring. But hey, I got out of bed on time, because I was anticipating a call from the headhunter. We are go for next Thursday interview with the temp job. It's chaos, it's all about check printing, it's damn near everything I hate and in a terrible location, but for 3-4 months, I can do anything shy of testing out the temperature of the Lake of Fire, so here we go.

9-24-2016

tumblr_odgv5nlgbm1s30ko5o1_500.jpg

Now that's my speed

Recovery

Food!

MOAR LEFTOVERS; burrrrrrrrito~ + canned chicken  

Mobility!

Morning heat: 20/28

Night cold x2: 18/28

Sleep!

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

100 1x3

130 1x1

150 3x3

DL -    135 1x5

160 1x3

202.5 3x3

Aikido

Failed spectacularly to get out of bed on time, this time by design because I had an attack of the lazies. Ah well. Today was Play Alllll of the Games--actually, ICO HD and FFXII, specifically--and Lifting Day. A nice easy day at the gym--dad and I lifted the same weights on Squat and we warmed up with the same weight on deadlift--our work sets were 10lbs apart, but at least we got to make good use of the fractionals. Other than that, and the basics of mobility work, I pretty much sat around. Oh, I had a serious sinus attack (watery eyes draining into my nose, all the sinus pressure) that required coffee at 10PM to deal with. Guys, apparently German coffee + Lindt dark chocolate truffles is a thing that is meant to be. OMG, best taste combo ever.

• Like 1

I have been following but not much posting. As the challenge wraps up I want to thank you for posting all the time the notification have been helpful encouragement.

Thanks.

Bite size baby steps

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

2 hours ago, Vizzini said:

I have been following but not much posting. As the challenge wraps up I want to thank you for posting all the time the notification have been helpful encouragement.

Thanks.

Bite size baby steps

Gotta keep on taking at least one step forward each day. Pretty soon we'll get somewhere, lol.

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

ommggggg that sounds so good. 

I have a lot of catching up to do....

Highly recommend, a lot of good taste for not a big calorie hit. 

Yeah, you sure do, campling~

• Like 1

9-25-2016

tumblr_odkdritJGp1trkvpwo1_500.gif

I will be your Decadence Correspont

Recovery

Food!

A 1/2lb hot corned beef sammich; Beer Cheese with Bacon and Chicken Soup . Also, truffles go with tea, it turns out. Truffles go with everything.

Mobility!

Morning heat: 21/28

Night cold x2: 19/28

Sleep!

Lifting

-

Aikido

This day in a nutshell: Laundry, napping, FFXII, finished Ico at 1AM, and this:

WEEK 3 DEBRIEF

tumblr_oe3l663SH71v7z7sqo1_500.jpg

This week marked the beginning of Fall--did you notice??

Recovery

Food!

Cals   /   Carbs   /   Fats    /  Protein   /   Sugar   / Sodium

AVG    2461        229          119          126            39          3,783

TGT    2400        237          102          120           100         3,000

DLTA       61         -8             17               6            -61           783 

A pretty tight adherence to macros...except for sodium. I'm going to be honest, I think I've proven my point about how big an impact it has on water retained, I'll still report on it for Week 4, but I won't be picking foods based on it and I won't be bothered by the results. As you can see below, my weight is up and that's because I'm trying to eat a bit more and as a result, I can't do that AND keep sodium sub-3000.

HBBahNem6IcnLt21C_54ECFhuSKahRkUuTXSvrapuhLaMu9m3lr8fsoOOneLpK3klKSXbKaRGh6my68qIsa7Aic2wbQ40x9eIrtSq0TEISA6jsIEJMM7rCaJifln4mdoWnDwh3pz

H-cl2CPiLVfc3CnYQUuNUVhcp8iQWbqa634T45C-kQfYE2U_7FNieEXHIzPOEvGo62h7q3WnPkT-24Xm87kpkIpmBh7gGmmBxQQgCtuDvhzMTa8IExKmqSxpDQ9r1Aay7am-GWob

Mobility!

Morning heat: 75%

Night cold x2: 68%

Hips/glutes: 75%

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 46%

Lifting

Proceeding as planned~

Aikido

Standing F./B. Rolls: 75%

Sorta kinda on track? My priorities are changing a bit and this month really reflects this. I haven't changed more than I have simply because I wanted to give the chiro's advice as much of a full month as I could before altering it. Also, it's hard to hold out so long hoping one's schedule will change, and I don't want to have to slash my goals mid-stream, but I will do it if I get a job--because I like to make lots of goals and I can't do both those and get up to speed on a new job. Especially if this temp one comes through, as it will be a first class ticket aboard a crazy train, to judge by how the headhunter is painted the scene.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I can't do that AND keep sodium sub-3000.

Hmm.  I don't worry about sodium, among other things.  I think I average two times the recommended levels.

Something I do not understand about recommended sodium intake is it does not vary with overall caloric intake.  So does that mean if I eat two times their recommended calories, I should eat food that is half as salty?  That does not seem to make much sense at all.

One person I worked with about ten years ago said sodium is one of the last things she takes away from her people and I stopped worrying about sodium ever since.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

1 minute ago, Sam Ashen said:

Hmm.  I don't worry about sodium, among other things.  I think I average two times the recommended levels.

Something I do not understand about recommended sodium intake is it does not vary with overall caloric intake.  So does that mean if I eat two times their recommended calories, I should eat food that is half as salty?  That does not seem to make much sense at all.

One person I worked with about ten years ago said sodium is one of the last things she takes away from her people and I stopped worrying about sodium ever since.

I 100% don't worry about it persay, I was just doing an experiment to show what happens when you track it. If I want to perform a RM test of some kind in conjunction with a sodium cut for best possible Wilks (I am competing against myself, after all....), I know that it will make a difference. Otherwise, it's just a means to address bloat should the need arise. Essentially, I am learning how my body reacts in the presence of varying levels of the stuff. Next month I won't be mentioning it, I don't think, lol. Unless the bloat happens, because nobody likes that life. But your point is valid, recommended sodium does not "float" with calories, and the reason for that is nobody knows what the hell they're doing around salt, lol. I have found 3000 is a good ceiling for me to maintain a steady 113.8, but that was by happy accident. Not taken from any resources, just my own empirical observation. I won't be taking any recommendations for sodium anywhere else, because who knows what the right answer actually is?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

nobody knows what the hell they're doing

Wow!  This quote taken out of context pretty much describes my general attitude about a lot of things!  (the medical industry being one of them)

• Like 4

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Just now, Sam Ashen said:

Wow!  This quote taken out of context pretty much describes my general attitude about a lot of things!  (the medical industry being one of them)

Indeed. All things Health certainly has a cloud of Uncertainty around it. I've come to doubt more things that I've believed since picking up a bar than the rest of my life up 'til then and hasn't it paid off, though?   

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Can confirm, this is true!  "Educated guesses" are our forte!

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

9-26-2016

tumblr_nrlgu8Gqmv1sqdhrdo1_500.jpg

#themoreyouknow

Recovery

Food!

Leftover beer cheese soup; pressure-cooked pot roast

Mobility!

Morning heat: 22/28

Night cold x2: 20/28

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 12/24

Lifting

OHP - 45 1x5

52 5x5

Aikido

Dojo Days: Y

Today was one of those days where you know you're going to do the thing in spite of how you feel, because Training isn't optional--not that I was perfect, but at least I showed up. Shark Week + migraine made a stealth ambush appearance, so that was an additional hurdle to the usual laundry, dinner-making, dishes, (FFXII) and cleaning first half of the day. The other half consisted of hitting the gym with Dad for OHP and skipped chins because I am #lame Also, I need to figure out how to get chins in at home on a Monday (I later found out dad didn't think he'd make most of his lifts today--he made them all, 152.5 squat, 105 bench, 215 deadlift and hasn't missed any lifts yet), dinner with my folks, and my very first Aikido technique class as an orange belt. We went over kumae (Shinkendo was useful for something, at least...), munetsuki suburi (yellow belt had shomenuchi suburi--these are much the same with the exception of the first strike), and Aikido's happo giri kata. That was fun, although I was quickly exhausted. I am glad I went, because I am not sure when I would have seen this material next. On the plus side, I was able to hit the sack and fall asleep really quickly.

• Like 3

Mmmm pot roast.  Yeah I need to do that soon, too.  Breaking out the crock-pot fully for the season, noms..

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

On the plus side, I was able to hit the sack and fall asleep really quickly.

Best side effect of PITA days!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

9-27-2016

tumblr_njc61fQxEw1sk1rjvo1_r1_500.gif

Slow starter

Recovery

Food!

Moar pot roast; Burmese Spiced Yogurt Chicken stolen from @Taddea Zhaan‘s thread, I believe

Mobility!

Morning heat: 23/28

Night cold x2: 21/28

Sleep!

8:30, Out of bed: 12/24

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

90 1x3

115 1x1

137 5x5

DL -    115 15x1--DE

Aikido

Failing the sleep quest so hard, like whoa. I missed it by a mere 15 minutes today, though, and I made it yesterday without mentioning it, so it’s not ALLLL bad…. At least I’m doing my mobility work and I somehow got 190g protein in 2,500 calories.

Gym time was squats and DE (also deficit because weightlifting shoes) deadlifts--DOH and chalkless, of course. The 137 felt better than 135, aftermath from the stress that’d mounted up, no doubt. DE DLs because I just can’t with the power cleans. I’ve given them a long, long chance and honestly it feels like I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. It appears to cost +$800 to go see someone whom I trust to coach me on how to do it correctly, and even if it didn’t cost that much to get local instruction, we can’t really afford that for the foreseeable future. Barely can afford to renew the gym membership. * coughs * So I’ll do these unless and until I feel more secure that I'm not setting myself up to snap my collarbone or something.

At any rate, I has a gym story: Okay, so when I do my DE DLs, I rest 30 seconds between sets. During the ENTIRE 15 SETS, this guy kept passing in front of me as I was getting set up. I was using foam mats as cushions, and half the length of the mats separated his butt from my face. Got really old, really fast. I even tried staggering my set to try to offset him….#nope

Dinner was stolen from someone else’s thread for once, lol. It was very good; so good, in fact, that Harley partook. Our Maine Coon eats Indian food, guys. Chicken AND rice.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Dinner was stolen from someone else’s thread for once, lol. It was very good; so good, in fact, that Harley partook. Our Maine Coon eats Indian food, guys. Chicken AND rice.

YES! 

I ate these leftovers on Monday, so good. I wish I had something sensible like that today. Unfortunately I was running late for work and long story that I don't know how to explain without looking like a glutton, I grabbed a stouffers mac & cheese TV dinner from the freezer for lunch. 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }