3 hours ago, ixaera said:

A/C issues are SO expensive ;_;

T H I S

Flashbacks ro 4 months ago fixing ours.  Ugghhh.  SO expensive.  I hope you can find a fix, soon, and cheap.

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

7/7/2017 - 7/9/2017

giphy.gif

Life goals

Lift

xtGoUeqvPjC3F_f5CqPYm-ikaavQi_UTMTugkev1tPbZI649oj5CUS0ECz_mqeELooArJt1SyJK1zCbQatyx3gFw8_FFYCjUP2pAiTj5Q7S25hUUKWluiNo3dsHeFJfFS_FwEI9r

Did the thing. Still waiting for the recovery.

Recover

Calorie AVG: 2417 / 2524 + 2437 + 2167 + 2006 + 2502 + 2680 + 2608

Iron Maiden: 7/28

Recovery Summer: 3/8

The Ides: Beware 7/9 - 7/15

Week 1 Averages:

Cals   /   Carbs   /   Fats    /  Protein /  Sugar

AVG    2417        246         106          118             63

TGT    2500        281         97          125             50

Aikido

Technique review: 0/6

Weekly To-Do

Find a floor cleaner that doesn't suck - DONE!!

Polish jewelry project - 75%

Friday was crazytiems at work, I wasn't sure what to buy at the store (aside from a new coffeemaker), because we had a cookout planned for Sunday and I had no idea how much food would be left in the aftermath (hint: not a ton. 16 people can eat 5lbs of brisket, turns out). Got the new coffeemaker and it is so far working well. I did a stretch session thingy today, too.

Saturday was gimpy gym session #3 and my first experience with Panda Express. >1000 calories were eaten in one sitting. I did a lot of thinking about my next program whenever that becomes necessary, but nothing super concrete ATM. Not sure if I will run Juggernaut or not. Do I have the ability to run inverted 10s and get in bare minimum accessory lifting in the time alotted to the gym? Not sure. Ordered new knee sleeves that will actually possibly help me in a meaningful way.

You'll notice that my calories have improved over the course of the week, with the tradeoff of more sugar. I meant to do some polishing, buuut ended up lying down as much as possible around chores in prep for company + the next week. I FINALLY mopped the floor and results are promising. Cookout ended at 9:30 with us in bed around 11, bombing chances of getting up to try bench triples at 90lbs, no sir. Ah well, the thing finally happened, so we can check that kind of socializing off our agenda for a good while. 

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Do I have the ability to run inverted 10s and get in bare minimum accessory lifting in the time alotted to the gym? Not sure.

MB says I can get my programmed work done in much less time than I actually do, because I spend too much time resting.  She always says something like that. :P

And welcome back! :D

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

9 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

MB says I can get my programmed work done in much less time than I actually do, because I spend too much time resting.  She always says something like that. :P

And welcome back! :D

But...but rest is life. As in, I will still be alive at the end of the session. 

Yay!

I think I did you proud at Panda Express. A Bigger Plate of fried rice, broccoli beef, teriyaki chicken, a chicken eggroll, AND the fortune cookie. Two bites of chicken and some broccoli stems were all that remained. 

Then I got a shake (3 hours later, but still...)

• Like 4

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Yeah, I mean, unless you're willing to just prepare a beast for yourself once or twice a week, there's just no way to get to the amount of calories you need w/o either going high in sugar or salt or both, assuming that you have carb sources. Unless you wanted to eat enough rice to feed a small village. At which point, it kind of becomes uncharming.

• Like 1

7/10/2017

200w.gif

Macros got me like

Lift

Rest day because WTF is sleep?

Recover

Calorie AVG: 2087 / 2087

Iron Maiden: 8/28

Recovery Summer: 3/8

Aikido

Weekly To-Do

Monday was a wash as far as goals go. Did my iron supplement?? That's it. Went to Aikido, got Aikido'd into the ground by a 14 year old black belt over and over again doing ikkyo drill, now have bruise on leg. 

Thinking about more frequency in my next program. How to cram it in my life. 

21 hours ago, Kishi said:

Yeah, I mean, unless you're willing to just prepare a beast for yourself once or twice a week, there's just no way to get to the amount of calories you need w/o either going high in sugar or salt or both, assuming that you have carb sources. Unless you wanted to eat enough rice to feed a small village. At which point, it kind of becomes uncharming.

Eating 100% "clean" and eating "enough" is a unicorn. 

• Like 2

7/11/2017

200w.gif

Good news: it's only up from here??

Lift

Zo-8qX1j94UnY0lxAsBJe7ofz7n5jgiCG9zCOMV8xbJHGOoJF8wauUDa1_5Y1-TW56H_8c9s7AzRggFSWIL_G4pvs9Tswy1I1VwFzpLzI5hZPDmq2ZX6WsOWCrVrJxuDvliq-jph

Let me tell you a story: a problem was pointed out on my bench press and I am repeating this week's weights in all the lifts for several reasons:

1. I got off on the wrong foot from go with bad recovery that created schedule trouble

2. Test my Week 3 vs Week 4 strength

3. I wonder if I would do better if I deadlifted heavy mornings and squatted on the weekend. Will switch them and find out. 

4. I made tweaks to backoff sets and weights. They're just too intense for the time I have to work with.

5. I really want to nail that 90lb bench triple. 

This is all if I don't junk the program entirely for something that gives me greater quality time with squat and bench, possibly even backseating OHP to a less significant presence. Frequency may be something that is holding me back. Perhaps this is the best I can do and more frequency with my penchant to increase intensity aggressively will cripple me for life. All I know is I had a stronger squat back when I trained it more often. THOUGHTS?

Oh and my alternative program options are HLM rotating across exercises, not days (Monday = L squats, M bench, H OHP as opposed to Monday = Heavy day) and Juggernaut sliced and diced to address my needs and be doable in the time alotted.

Recover

Calorie AVG: 2241 / 2087 + 2395

Iron Maiden: 9/28

Recovery Summer: 4/8

Aikido

Weekly To-Do

Blah blah blah work blah napped on couch blah what is life.

I don't have much in the way of techniques to review for Aikido yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Semi-noobie thoughts here, but you know this of me: Rippetoe's programs are back squat heavy, and any time you are training a lift with X frequency it will have a direct relationship on the strength of that lift. Rippetoe's programs are also light on deadlifts compared to 5/3/1, so if you're seeing any gains there or feeling stronger with those, it's being mailed direct from the reduction in squat frequency. If you AREN'T seeing gains in deadlifts or at least feeling stronger, I'd be inclined to eyeball dat stresslyfe, but otherwise, if you preferred the other program and liked the squat strength there, why not incorporate more squat frequency? Something would probably have to give, though (probably deadlifts)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Semi-noobie thoughts here, but you know this of me: Rippetoe's programs are back squat heavy, and any time you are training a lift with X frequency it will have a direct relationship on the strength of that lift. Rippetoe's programs are also light on deadlifts compared to 5/3/1, so if you're seeing any gains there or feeling stronger with those, it's being mailed direct from the reduction in squat frequency. If you AREN'T seeing gains in deadlifts or at least feeling stronger, I'd be inclined to eyeball dat stresslyfe, but otherwise, if you preferred the other program and liked the squat strength there, why not incorporate more squat frequency? Something would probably have to give, though (probably deadlifts)

No, you're right. I wonder if I couldn't immediately try carefully shuffling sets around to add a squat and bench session on Monday and Wednesday of some kind, even if it is very light. Theory being that even a super light session would be potentially the thumb on the stress scale that maintains demand for adaptation in these lifts across the week. Translation: too much time between sessions = bad.

• Like 1

7/12/2017

200w.gif

Good grief

Lift

Ejv62g8E7Ukpgf1Y8XvKnt7uw6cE5TNc58-2SYw-NVPLwv6T8cw4E0-Zuhw6W8WSRCItNTwYzAFciaSXUaLobUYPrkE-sfbBClANi-NAdskAHa-50OETg1xbTx3H3oqYA1VAglzh

This is what I did yesterday prior to having a concrete idea of what changes I would make to the existing program. It was harder to make 164 this time than t had any right to be. I cut off a set on each due to deteriorating form in the case of squats and running out of time for deadlifts. That just further cements my conviction that the program as it has been run is flawed. So.

NSGEKdu8BSRSxiHuxLkHBWw5R_KoR6pFMJ8D__DGciCHOeiwhwc-3jpoFvw2Av8WkBXrYU1NxxgyT4hTYrFT_tZFhr_FV9ohVscIabHYRZounsv63837LylGtS0BO8zHiZavWq9g

Here's what I did. I flipped squats with deads to see if I can tolerate the heavy deadlift programming in the morning. Bot sure this part will work out well, but we'll see. Added a light squat and bench session to the mix and trimmed a couple sets here and there to in effect create a "medium" day in terms of volume. This was done mostly because of time constraints. I will also just have to be more disciplined about my rest periods. Sound familiar? 

Recover

Calorie AVG: 2295 / 2087 + 2395 + 2403

Iron Maiden: 10/28

Recovery Summer: 4/8

Aikido

Weekly To-Do

Slowly but surely my calorie average is moving up. Carbs are down, fats are waaaaay up this week. Just a note. My brain was consumed with fixing my poverty squat. And how achy I was at work. Ironically, I forgot to mention that my angry adductor calmed down nearly a week ago. It's all good. Still stretching just as a precaution. But knees, glutes, right shoulder and associated pec were Unhappy.

Then I went to Aikido. Protip: yonkyo loves to jerk shoulders around. You are driving uke into the mat by a bent arm and yeah. That was glorious. Somehow did not die. TYLENOL. 

OH. I may have gotten some STrong knee sleeves in the mail and may or may not be hype to try them out to see just how much of a difference going from gloried socks to actual lifting gear changes things. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Polish jewelry project

I never knew the Polish were famous for jewelry.  Insert Polish jokes here.

If people from Poland are known as Poles, why aren't people from Holland known as Holes?

Oh!  Polish!

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

I read all of that and got "Urgan is not happy with her current program. She is tweaking it." I hope the new plan works out and gives you the progress you want with no injuries.

Yeah, yankyo can be hard on the shoulders. Having really flexible ukemi helps. That means you move with it so that the pressure gets distributed. Which takes practice. And getting thrown slowly enough to figure out what direction you are going. Yankyo can also leave killer bruises on your arms if nage is lucky enough to find the pressure points.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

6 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I read all of that and got "Urgan is not happy with her current program. She is tweaking it." I hope the new plan works out and gives you the progress you want with no injuries.

I could have been talking out of my butt beyond the part where I need to squat more.

6 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Yeah, yankyo can be hard on the shoulders. Having really flexible ukemi helps. That means you move with it so that the pressure gets distributed. Which takes practice. And getting thrown slowly enough to figure out what direction you are going. Yankyo can also leave killer bruises on your arms if nage is lucky enough to find the pressure points.

Or decides to squeeze forearm reeeeal tight in lieu of doing technique. That'd be me I'm talking about.... Can't do much well, but I sure as Hell can grab onto things. Especially when not the most efficient solution. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, Sam Ashen said:

I never knew the Polish were famous for jewelry.  Insert Polish jokes here.

If people from Poland are known as Poles, why aren't people from Holland known as Holes?

Oh!  Polish!

Ever hear the one about Polish submarines? They put screen doors on the outer hatches so they could get fresh air. :D

I hear you on needing to fix things as far as getting to hit the lifts you want and adjusting for time. That idea's been behind a lot of my lifting decisions lately too.

And hey, I mean, at least you figured out volume. I'm dumb enough to just attack the weights w/o any kind of "waving" the volume, so you look really Sage-like to me right now.

I hope it works!

• Like 1

7/13/2017 - 7/16/2017

giphy.gif

Shufflin' through the week like

Lift

vPMWnL6RosDLZ9NOv5lGzff1wmXzCUpoljCdmvIroClFD26NjuXzOxDnV1Ym9LB8FKa_lpddfXfZnuGwRwMYqhcQ7vrZCh4HnVkkBucbW5_eirXUD1zauR7-geNpG4ulIS_SfLfZ

To my shame, I did not even hear the alarm clock on Friday and overslept an hour because this week schedule is FUBAR. No gym time. I made it up on Saturday with interest. Experimenting with bench grip width to get the bottom position higher on my chest. Sorta made progress? 

Recover

Calorie AVG: 2423 / 2087 + 2395 + 2403 + 2533 + 2657 + 2538 + 2347

Iron Maiden: 14/28

Recovery Summer: 6/8

Aikido

Technique review: 1/6

Weekly To-Do

Polish jewelry project - 83%

I have done well at my iron supplementation, macros, and stretching. Not sore while squatting, but I still have a ways to go. Left leg is tight. Did a little Aikido technique review and some more polishing. Could be better.

Sorry for lack of graphs. Will try to remember to add them later.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:47 PM, Kishi said:

I hear you on needing to fix things as far as getting to hit the lifts you want and adjusting for time. That idea's been behind a lot of my lifting decisions lately too.

And hey, I mean, at least you figured out volume. I'm dumb enough to just attack the weights w/o any kind of "waving" the volume, so you look really Sage-like to me right now.

I hope it works!

Actually novices and early intermediates don't need waving. KISS principle in motion.

Thanks, me too. I am going to try one thing at a time. 

38 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm still here reading and stalking you. I'm glad that your angry adductor has decided to play nice. 

Yay~

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Eeh. Sleep is where you get your gainz anyway. So you spent extra time getting 'em. Awesome!

That's what I decided when I finally did wake up. Not worth the scramble for 20~ minutes' training. 

• Like 2

7/17/2017

giphy.gif

When Even Your Gif Game Phones It In

Lift

Bench

45    3
60    3
70    3
75    3
85    3
90    1x3
85    2x3

OHP

45    2x3
50    3
62    3
53    3x3

Squat

45    3
115    3
135    3
140    3

More bench grip practice. Widening my grip by 2" seems to be the way to go, but more practice needed. Squeezed in squats, but then I was in the run to make it to work. 

Recover

Calorie AVG: 2466 / 2466

Iron Maiden: 14/28

Recovery Summer: 6/8

Aikido

Technique review: 1/6

Weekly To-Do

Polish jewelry project - 83%

Forgot my iron. It's Shark Week. Work is still a PITA.

Hit the dojo, first lesson in ushirotekubitori shihonage. It's that first part that needs polish, once I have the shihonage grip, it's all downhill from there lol.

As I pop in and out randomly... you may have already answered this. But what is the intention of widening the grip on bench? Not that there is a right or wrong answer for grip width, just curious for you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

4 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

As I pop in and out randomly... you may have already answered this. But what is the intention of widening the grip on bench? Not that there is a right or wrong answer for grip width, just curious for you.

Just trying to shave off some moment arm off my bar path. I widened it about 2" or from tip of thumb to where it meets my hand. Or another way to look at it, I was taking my grip flush with the start of the knurl before.