• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SirKerrald

Kerry's Journal

OK I'm on board. My goals are as follows:

Lose 8 of the pounds I just regained. That's 2 pounds a week, easily doable. My daily calorie goal is between 1600-1800. I'm taking my daily intake through sparkpeople, and I think you can export that, so I'll try doing that on a weekly basis for y'all, or maybe daily. We'll see. As for exercise, I want to get going with 30 min of cardio daily and some resistance training as well. Plan for tomorrow is to develop the new routine and start implementing.

Today's calorie intake: ~1649.

Today's exercise: Does shoveling the snow/slush in the driveway count? Got a couple reps of lifting my flat tire after drilling a pot hole in the road, and pushed pencil to send in my taxes today. All in all, not such a great day on the exercise or monetary front.

Tomorrow is a new day, my friends.

Ok so update, I know I haven't been doing this frequently (at all). I actually chose to drop this challenge about a week ago and start (I mean really start) the Spark People plan type thing. The big win for me here is developing something sustainable and creating a healthy lifestyle, not dieting. My problem is that if I diet, I'll only look at it as a diet and revert to my old ways right when I hit my goal or get close. I don't want that to happen. So far its going well, I'm working on edumacating myself and starting routines etc. I even busted out a scale for measuring food. Yeah, that's right. A scale. For food. !.

But anyway I dig the competition, just this one isn't going to be for me. My plan currently is to drop the holiday weight I had gained and get below 200 for my 25th birthday coming in August, I think I can do better than that (well I know so), so I will. But that's just one milestone I've set for myself.

In the meantime, I've completely overhauled my diet to something that I think I can actually keep up with and be happy with. The key has been a complete shift in my mindset. No longer am I looking at what I'm missing out on, but at the things that I CAN have. That seems so simple, but has a profound effect.

So in that last paragraph alone, I'm considering March to be a win for me, contest or not. I know I'm getting myself on a longterm path to success.

Another quick update, managed to start myself exercising again finally. 2 days of elliptical down, tomorrow going to rock some racquetball having finally gotten someone convinced to try it, and keep the streak going from there. Portion sizes are on track, consistantly hitting my calorie goal, and in the right proportions of fat/carb/proteins. Already seeing progress on the scale, in fact I may even hit my goal of 8lbs for the month, which I thought was overly ambitious.. but then again at this point its probably just water weight, and that's kinda lame.

Sign in to follow this