MiaulinTheCat: All For One and One for All

Second attempt to Theme It Up Good, now presenting,

:3 Just look at their little faces, my children, my loves, my collection of cinnamon rolls and angry kittens and- *AHEM* sorry. So sorry. Anyway.

So here's what happened in the last Challenge:

Things went pretty well as far as doing what I set out to do, keeping up with tasks and whatnot, but then hit a giant roadblock in the form of a close relative's death and the resulting emotional turmoil. The household has not been the same at all. Final half of last Challenge was spent focusing less on the tasks and more on keeping afloat during difficult times. Now, we're in the rebuilding stage. 

My goals for this Challenge are much the same as they always are, but with a few other things thrown in.

Anyway,

~ The Set Up ~

For this Challenge I'll be drawing inspiration from one of my favorite stories, "The Three Musketeers". The book(s) are actually my favorite version, but the BBC's adaptation is an incredibly close second. It has almost all my favorite things; intense brotherhood, antics, snark, humor, fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...uh....<.<

The four beautiful heroes each have their own unique plot arcs and development over the course of the series while also dealing with the main plot of each episode and the main plot of the series itself. They also have some very specific traits, some of which follow them through every version of their story, some of which are particular to this one. In the Title's spirit, I've selected three traits from each of them to base my Challenge on, plus a mini-quest. These traits are,

Athos: (The Leader with a troubled soul. Also looks exactly like Grumpy Cat in the BBC version)

Stamina- Athos is not one to quit. Each day, walking/running or Plank Challenges will award me a point here.

Intelligence- As a gentleman, Athos is highly educated, That, and his sass-game is always on point. Here, I'll receive points for studying my French and Spanish, and also Mathematics on Khan Academy

Serenity- Yes, Athos is known as something of a tortured soul and does occasionally deal with it by drinking himself into a stupor, but for the most part he stays cool and collected under pressure and is the first one to pass on the advice, "head over heart". For this one, I'll be keeping a journal. Last Challenge, issues of anxiety, among other things, came up and so attempts will be made to investigate via journaling.

Aramis: (The Monk with a taste for adrenaline and romance, ninety percent of season two is his fault)

Agility- In almost all his fight scenes, the man is duel-wielding. Which is awesome. He's also fond of jumping out windows, but that's beside the point. In attempt to level up my own Agility, I'll be working on yoga, with one point per session.

Friendliness: Aramis is always ready with a kind word and often finds his advice to "not get involved" difficult to follow. I'll be working on my own people-skills and attitude throughout the Challenge.

Faith: For all his wandering ways, Aramis is devout in his faith. Bible Reading and Prayer are the goals.

Porthos: (The Warrior with a heart of gold and ambition to match, he's highly skilled in combat using forks, chairs, and sometimes headgear)

Strength: Porthos' main recurring trait! He is physically the strongest of the group. I'll be working out to gain some strength for a point!

Resourcefulness: Armed with only a three-pronged fork, he successfully dueled a man. He's also great at good-cop-bad-cop. For my feat of resourcefulness, however, I'll be aiming for four bottles of water a day and also making an effort where food is concerned.

Joy: Honestly, though, Porthos has the best smile. I'll be focusing on positivity.

D'Artagnan: (The Puppy- I mean...uh...The Ace of the Group. Full of potential and raw nerve. He is also a cinnamon roll.)

Speed: On the one hand, d'Artagnan is known for recklessness, impatience, passion-without-pause, but on the other, he's also a quick and eager learner and polishes well. My feat of speed, ironically, will be to slow down and do my own polishing in the form of stretching and developing flexibility.

Perseverance: For d'Artagnan, it's rarely a question of 'if' but rather 'when'. He rarely doubts whether something will happen that he's striving for, just keeps on fighting for it until it does. Likewise, I'll be plowing ahead in my writing.

Courage: Another d'Artagnan signature. I'll be trying for a tiny adventure or a brave deed each day.

Points will be awarded for each successful completion, and there will be a mini-quest each week worth two points per successful completion.

The rest of Zero-Week, however, will be spent in Captain-Treville mode, setting everything up.

• Like 6

Matthew 25:34-40

Treville Week:

tumblr_n4xpe3G6or1tyawmuo3_400.jpg

Too, right, Captain. (There is such a sad lack of Treville memes :( )

Tasks for Treville Week:

1. Clean bed (It's so clean! :oJust my box of notebooks and some paper in desperate need of sorting)

2. Straighten up bedroom/office as much as possible. (I'll never be satisfied, I'll never be satisfiiiied...)

3. Clean Bathroom

4. Tidy up the Garrison Kitchen

5. Meal plan- the regiment's gotta eat! (This won't really apply until Thursday/Grocery Day)

6. Schedule!

7. Develop plan of action for the journaling because at present it's "want to try" but "lol but how"

Goal Roundup

Physical:

f7ab71fef6939463c5d57d36971c4355.jpg

Ha! Maybe not, but being able to might not be a bad thing.

Stamina-  daily walking. Plank Challenge also counts. 1 Point per completion for a total of 28 possible points.

Agility- yoga daily during the week, 20 possible points.

Strength- workouts daily during the week, switched up for variety. 20 possible points.

Speed- bending and stretching outside of yoga. 28 possible points.

You better believe that S.A.S.S. was intentional.

51bcbd89cd28091dd5cbeb8021c3af74.jpg

Mental:

bbcmenthink.jpg

Intelligence-  One bubble of French and Spanish each day. Completing a Mastery Challenge on Khan also counts. 28 Possible Points

Friendliness- Be mindful of others and take time for someone else each day. 28 Possible points.

Resourcefulness- 4 bottles of water daily, and pay attention to food.

Perseverance- Write a chapter of something daily. 28 Possible points. tumblr_static_ffaramis_copy.jpg

94a62090bddd4eaabd1faed44ffaaad166dc2430

Emotional:

Serenity:  tdn_pgiQMgcIbFK99lwmMxdoUqMEltIckr_RraeEemotion journaling, mostly. 28 possible points. 

Faith: Bible-reading, mostly, coupled with prayer and meditation. For the reading, 28 possible points.

Joy: Positivity. This can include journaling, might be some other things. Just, trying to find at least one happy every day. Preferably collect them. 28 possible points.

Courage: One brave thing daily, or a tiny adventure. This can be something like going for a new personal record, taking a different route while walking, even writing a letter. 28 possible points.

fde54b73102d8ba2be841d42d864118e.jpg

(and yes, I have finally learned how to post pictures and fully intend to abuse this power with excessive musketeers memes. Now to just figure out GIFs and I'll never have to use words again. :D

• Like 2

Because there won't be time to get this part done on the actual start-day,

Athos Week (Begins Tuesday)

Friends, meet Athos:

Also known as Grumpy Cat. Don't believe me?
tumblr_nnvuj0ozzz1ql5nt4o1_500.jpgffc704486416b5e9df3c6401885a7e74.jpg 

ahem...*whispers* there are more where those came from.

Athos Week Mini Quest:

tumblr_mztghe3GKY1tqyrsfo2_250.gif

For thos unfamiliar with what the hell that man is doing; he rolled out of bed, fetched a bucket from outside the window. That bucket contained a layer of ice, beneath which some very frosty water was waiting. He proceeded to punch through the layer of ice, and the GIF illustrates what followed. He then did some rather elegant 1700's yoga before sashaying down the street suave as you please. (he also stayed submerged for about a full minute or so)

I have no intention of taking a morning ice-bath, but have decided to use this as a Challenge in two ways:

1. Keep it Quick. My showers are typically rather long-lasting. They, and the water bill, will be cut down to size. (ten minutes or less is the goal)

2. Keep it Cold. Nothing wrong with a little hot water, but the cold is refreshing.

Two points per successful completion.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day One: Fourteen points

Day Two: thirteen points.

Day Three: Eleven points.

Day Four: Eleven points

Day Five: Three points. ( :( )

Athos Week Total: 52/70 Points

Score: C

Observations: Better schedule required. The easiest things are the ones I wind up not doing on account of waiting too long. Also tend to completely shut down when bad things happen.

• Like 1

1891523_718348344852253_262094388_o.jpg

It's Aramis Week! While he's perfectly capable as a brawler/berserker, the reality is:

tumblr_n39v2eVIu51ro5huso3_r1_250.gif

Right you are, Aramis. Right you are.

One of my favorite chapters in the book is called 'Aramis and His Thesis'. At one point in that chapter, he talks Theology and nearly drowns d'Artagnan in it before reading a poem which has much the same effect. (But it was a lovely poem) So for the

Aramis Mini Challenge: Complete at least one article of writing that is either a poem or a work of Non-Fiction. Length doesn't matter.

Day One: 14 Points

Day Two: 13 Points

Day Three: 10 Points

Day Four: 12 points

Day Five: 12 Points

Aramis Week Total: 61/70 points

Score: B+

Observations: journaling is still a hangup. It feels clumsy, awkward. It's also been my tendency to only accept that something is a problem when it's in effect rather than working consistently to deal with it. 

• Like 1

Porthos Week!

Already off to not the best start ever because this also happens to be a very particular section of my personal calendar. Violent cramping. No energy. Gotta love it.

Porthos-and-Aramis-Fan-Art-the-musketeer

Ahem.

So the Porthos Week Mini: Dream Journaling.

This week should be interesting, heading quickly toward wrap-up! 

praise-and-glory-2-1.gif

• Like 1

*Reserving my seat for this awesomeness!*

tumblr_lsz2qzok8n1qllzqwo1_500.gif

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Ooooh, so many goals! I had really good luck with journaling earlier this year, so I hope that works out for you!

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

*Following*

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

7 hours ago, Shadri said:

*waves pom-poms* :panda: 

Thanks! :D

7 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

*Reserving my seat for this awesomeness!*

tumblr_lsz2qzok8n1qllzqwo1_500.gif

Wolf

maxresdefault.jpg:D 

6 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ooooh, so many goals! I had really good luck with journaling earlier this year, so I hope that works out for you!

SO MANY. :3 Thanks for the well-wishes, I have high hopes for it. 

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

*Following*

Yay, thank you!

5 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I'm loving the set-up going on here. Following along :D 

Thank you so much! :D

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VolkiSevro said:

Your challenge looks awesome and I love all the memes :)

Following!

tumblr_n2mbdgcTUp1tspiruo1_500.gif

Thank you, thank you! :D Mm, and an Aramis to brighten the place up. Excellent!

6 hours ago, Atrytone said:

I'm not particularly familiar with the Musketeers but this challenge sounds pretty amazing. Following.

Ah, they're so good. Swashbuckling, as it were. <3 Thanks for the compliment and the follow! :D

I'll have to tackle the book(s?) at some point. I tend to prefer the literature over the shows/movies anyway. Not trying to be a snob or anything it's just that shows tend to be more constrained than the books do for various reasons.

12 minutes ago, Atrytone said:

I'll have to tackle the book(s?) at some point. I tend to prefer the literature over the shows/movies anyway. Not trying to be a snob or anything it's just that shows tend to be more constrained than the books do for various reasons.

Fair warning that they're totally different stories :) The books are quite old (172 years now that I look it up...holy cow I didn't realize) and the characters are a little more...well, they're kind of jerks by today's standards, for lack of a better term. But they're still a fun read and entertaining, for my tastes anyway. The adaptations tend to up the heroism aspect and push for them to be more likeable to today's audiences. Almost all of them tend to stick to a couple of specific plots from the book (especially the way d'Artagnan meets les Inseparables) but then this BBC version is fun because it intentionally didn't do that and managed to reimagine things while keeping the story's spirit very much intact. Ehehe, sorry for the veritable essay on the topic...:P

tumblr_inline_n8w3mdeeqU1s73p01.gif

(Annnnnd got a GIF to work. Look out world.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/41/39/d7/4139d7fca77e6edd11f06ab9fb31d5b5.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VolkiSevro said:

Lol thanks for the info :) I will have to start watching the show AND read thee books when I can.

(P.s good job with the gifs :p)

funny-cat-gifs-117.gif

Aw, yiss, please do. Join the regiment, friend! :D

Excellent Cat, too!

• Like 2

Working through my Treville Week tasks with moderate success; did a test-run on the yoga and got back to working out pretty smoothly.

One problem at present is that once again I'm totally unmotivated to eat. Even the delicious sweet potato chili is warranting a 'meh'. Normally don't care when this happens but for the past couple of days my energy reserves have been noticeably lower than normal and I'm thinking it could be related.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Working through my Treville Week tasks with moderate success; did a test-run on the yoga and got back to working out pretty smoothly.

One problem at present is that once again I'm totally unmotivated to eat. Even the delicious sweet potato chili is warranting a 'meh'. Normally don't care when this happens but for the past couple of days my energy reserves have been noticeably lower than normal and I'm thinking it could be related.

Hmm maybe looking into new things to munch on might help? I get that way when I'm just bored of eating the same stuff. I'm glad the rest of ur goals are going well so far.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

I get the same thing, the lower my energy gets the less I actually want to eat anyway. It's an unpleasant little cycle that I usually force my way through with all the grace of a battering ram. I'm gonna second Volki's idea of trying something new, sometimes it helps kickstart that enjoyment again :) 

• Like 3

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

We do actually have things that I want to eat, and things that I want to cook (like trying cauliflower and parsnip mash, for one) but at the same time, just not in the mood to consume much besides water, and even that's a bit 'eyh who cares'. Yesterday I wound up just making another smoothie and choking down about half, then dodging mom's "Have you eaten?" questions until bedtime.

Today isn't looking much different so far, so it's probably going to be a matter of doing it anyway at some point until my Hungry starts working again :P

Otherwise, today is to be spent checking off preparations for the Challenge. Day One and Two are already scheduled to not be full participation as it's my mom's birthday and so we'll be doing other things.

• Like 2