CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty Joins the Warriors

5 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Goals are nice to have, but IIFYM is there for a reason ;)

And unfortunately none of those things ever fit my macros lol

I don't have an OFF switch. Once I start eating, I don't stop when I'm full. I stop when there is no more food.

All you can eat potato chips are not good to be around in that case.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

The key for me when at a social event is using my calories on actual food and not on snacks or drinks.  If I start to allow myself to pick at snack things, I will eat the whole bowl.  Similarly with drinks - be it beer, pop, or milk (my favorite), I will use up all of my calories without actually eating anything unless I stay on point.  I like to alternate a glass or 2 of water for every other type of drink I get.

• Like 1

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

3 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

ISTEP - we got another Hoosier here?

Technically - yes. But, I'm from Lake County, so the rest of the state doesn't claim me.

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

1 minute ago, CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty said:

Technically - yes. But, I'm from Lake County, so the rest of the state doesn't claim me.

My family are southside Chicago refugees. So I'm a fellow Region Rat as well. I live near Indy now, and yeah, it's a little weird down here.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

7 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

My family are southside Chicago refugees. So I'm a fellow Region Rat as well. I live near Indy now, and yeah, it's a little weird down here.

Awesome!  It's always nice to meet someone else from the Region.

You're right about it being weird down there (I lived in West Lafayette for 5 years).  Soda, the Colts, St. Louis Cardinals - very confusing.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2016 at 1:51 PM, CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty said:

Awesome!  It's always nice to meet someone else from the Region.

You're right about it being weird down there (I lived in West Lafayette for 5 years).  Soda, the Colts, St. Louis Cardinals - very confusing.

Fellow Purdue Grad?

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Yes, indeed.

• Like 1

Of course soda (not pop), and the St. Louis Cardinals. There are no other valid options for either of those things.

Just out of curiosity, what is your daily calorie goal? 15 lbs in a month is extremely impressive.

Nate the Strong

Warforged Paladin

Level 8 | STR-33 | DEX-11 | STA-18 | CON-14 | WIS-17 | CHA-14

535/365/610:1510

243/243/166/277:685

'He who conquers himself is mightier than he who conquers a city.'
'Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;'

18 minutes ago, NatetheStrong said:

Of course soda (not pop), and the St. Louis Cardinals. There are no other valid options for either of those things.

Just out of curiosity, what is your daily calorie goal? 15 lbs in a month is extremely impressive.

According to Lose It!, it is approximately 2000.  I feel that 15 lbs may have been a little too ambitious, but I wanted to go for it and even if I only 10-12 lbs, I will consider it to be a success.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NatetheStrong said:

How are we doing CJ?

I'm well, life has been crazy this past week and I haven't done a great job of keeping on track with my exercise or diet, but today was a better day and I was able to get back on track.  I worked with my trainer and did a number of circuits with bodyweight and dumbbell exercises.  I also stayed under my calorie goal for the day, so 2 successes for me today.  Now, I need to translate that into success tomorrow.

• Like 3

Yesterday, I did a good job of staying at my calorie goal (it was close), but a combination of getting ready for moving Thursday and my niece's birthday party prevented me from getting my workout in.  I am so happy to be almost done with renovating and moving, I am totally ready to have one day where there are no major projects that need to be done and no boxes to pack/unpack.  One day...

• Like 2

On 5/17/2016 at 7:04 PM, CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty said:

I'm well, life has been crazy this past week and I haven't done a great job of keeping on track with my exercise or diet, but today was a better day and I was able to get back on track.  I worked with my trainer and did a number of circuits with bodyweight and dumbbell exercises.  I also stayed under my calorie goal for the day, so 2 successes for me today.  Now, I need to translate that into success tomorrow.

You must give much praise in the Iron Sanctuary to be blessed with gains.  

giphy.gif 

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

42 minutes ago, CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty said:

Yesterday, I did a good job of staying at my calorie goal (it was close), but a combination of getting ready for moving Thursday and my niece's birthday party prevented me from getting my workout in.  I am so happy to be almost done with renovating and moving, I am totally ready to have one day where there are no major projects that need to be done and no boxes to pack/unpack.  One day...

That's the best thing after a move, once you've got things unboxed and you can just stop for a while and look around. 

• Like 1

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

11 hours ago, Br0din said:

You must give much praise in the Iron Sanctuary to be blessed with gains.  

giphy.gif 

Is Arnold chewing gum while lifting to exercise his jaw muscles?

Nate the Strong

Warforged Paladin

Level 8 | STR-33 | DEX-11 | STA-18 | CON-14 | WIS-17 | CHA-14

535/365/610:1510

243/243/166/277:685

'He who conquers himself is mightier than he who conquers a city.'
'Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;'

Yesterday, my fiance and I made the big move into our new house.  It was an exciting (and exhausting) day.  I didn't do any extra lifting, but I am pretty sure transferring 2 moving truck loads worth of our possessions counts as some sort of exercise.  Yesterday, was also the first time I really noticed how much stronger I felt since I have started lifting weights - boxes/furniture seemed light, stairs seemed easy, and I was able to keep my energy levels up through most of the day.  That has me really excited to keep going and training even harder.

• Like 5

On 5/20/2016 at 4:15 AM, CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty said:

Yesterday, was also the first time I really noticed how much stronger I felt since I have started lifting weights - boxes/furniture seemed light, stairs seemed easy, and I was able to keep my energy levels up through most of the day.  That has me really excited to keep going and training even harder.

That's how life is meant to be! keep it up CJ

• Like 2

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger