• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

Redstone Seeks Ore & Makes Tools

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

VIDEO.  A from check is super helpful.  As hard as it is to make the leap, I vote that you talk yourself into posting one.

I did.  And I looked terrrrrible in the first ones, but the comments helped so much that it was worth it. 

Hazard, over in the assassins, posts them with a bag or a towel over his head.  Which I think is hilarious.  My first one I had sunglasses on. 

SIGH!!!! Okay okay okay ;) I got the videos tonight and just posted them. These are from the trainer with a dowel (which felt almost comical to try to perform with), after his suggestions. With the bench I know I had a greater arch with weight, it looks weird to me, but meh. Obvs any thoughts are more than appreciated!! 

Challenge goals edited in top spot! Still Zero week, so I'll leave the mini challenges up until the end of the day or so, still gotta post starting measurements and *SIGH* progress photos, so details below. Going in to lift soon, though I have a mild twinge in my right lat.. not gonna push it too hard, keep the focus on form and we'll see how it goes...

Starting measurements as of May 6

H 4'10"

W 105#

Nat Waist 28# (same)

Waist 31.25# (Down from 33")

Hips/butt 36"(same)

Thigh 19" (Down from 19.5")

Bicep 9"(Down from 10")

Chest (Does this apply in someway for girls? If so... how?? Where? When? What?!)

PRs

Squat 115#

DL 135# overhand/140# mixed

Bench 70# with spot

Spoiler

My super stressed, time to take body photos face LOL. My lips are so tight I look like I'm about to snap... also love the little 3#ers in the back, don't even know what those are for anymore :P 

nmAmT1G.jpg

• Like 8

Short folks wearing leggings, man. I have to throw 'em over my heel like that, too!

Haha yeah!!! Extra nice when the floor is cold. Do you ever get capris that are full length on you? ;)

Sent from somewhere in the universe

• Like 1

Friday lift log, finally made it in later in the afternoon after yet another late start. (Cannot be making this a habit!) Got there around 4 maybe and it was PACKED with kids! And not just the high school crowd, like 12 year olds on the bench? Huh? Well anyways, focused on the big lifts, took forever (why does this take me so long?) no accessories or circuits. 

~Squats~

2X5 45#

2X5 65#

2X5 85#

2X5 95#

5X5 105# 

2X5 115#

~Bench~

2X5 45#

2X5 55#

5X5 65# (max reps)

~Deadlift~

1X2 85#

1X2 95#

1X5 115#

1X2 125#

1X2 135# 

1X1 145# (PR overhand)

2X1 145# (mixed)

Trainer was on the floor the whole time so I didn't feel totally out of the spotlight, (he very pointedly teased me that he was watching) but he was out of uniform doing his own thing, DLing while I was squatting and it was kind of fun chatting with the other trainer bros from the gym that were working with him. So it was cool I guess. Bench feels foreign still, but I'm pushing more than I did a week ago for sure.

OH! And I kinda feel like the bar bruised my shoulder during squats maybe? Got some very bruise-like pain on just the one side. Is that normal? (Lats were fine btw)

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Your photos are lovely!  You will be so glad to have these pics after you have been lifting for a year!

UGH, THANK YOU for saying that. I felt so uncomfortable doing/posting that! At least it's not part of the weekly lol. That would just be absurd. <3 <3 <3

• Like 2

Well, I kind of blew yesterdays macros. Considering tracking for all next week to make sure I'm at least breaking 1500 on the regular. (I came in yesterday under 1300 on lift day. Considering more supplements, at least get more chocolate protein cause my vanilla is awful.)

Gearing up for the over night in Boston, pretty stoked to see Ben Folds! Rest today and tomorrow, though there will be a bunch of walking. Gonna have to hustle the podcast this week, I have a big event on Monday that'll occupy most the the afternoon and evening so I have to get it recorded, edited and done in time for me to be able to lift the morning also. Gah, I just got myself overwhelmed :P Deep breathe... soon there will be Ben...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Haha yeah!!! Extra nice when the floor is cold. Do you ever get capris that are full length on you? ;)

Many go right to the ankles, yep!!

• Like 1

Many go right to the ankles, yep!!

Haha yep. If I want actual capris I have to roll em or shorten. Hemming is a necessary skill...

• Like 1

Videos terrified me at first and now I'm so used to them that I barely even think about it.

Yeah, maybe I should post the DL one I did myself last week also... I guess the more often I do it the more I'll get used to it, guess That's kinda the point of the selfie thing anyways!

Finally made it home from Boston, and, hey yo! I ate the stuff! Didn't ever find myself too hungry or too full. Ate bread. Ate rice noodles. Had a bit of a cookie. No guilt. New goal for the week is to get back on a regular schedule which means get to bed at a reasonable time starting tonight.

Last night's pre-game,  I spent a little while practicing my fast-talking-city-girl voice ALA Jennifer Jason-Leigh in Hudsucker. I'm not sure if I'm going to go that route in the audition, but I want to have a few angles prepared. Speaking of which, snapped a - looking for angles - shot.

Spoiler

l1km2sj.jpg

I don't know that I'm quite ready for the advanced reflection selfies that I tried on the road - but here's : I'm tired and sad to be in traffic, and the: even though I'm tired and sad I'm gonna try to pretend to be sly and/or snarky shot...

Spoiler

WupKwid.jpg

7Ms6fZP.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Yeah, maybe I should post the DL one I did myself last week also... I guess the more often I do it the more I'll get used to it, guess That's kinda the point of the selfie thing anyways!

This has already changed a bit since Monday when I shot it, but hey yo, trying to be more comfortable with stuff like this, so.

• Like 4

Lovin' the selfies!

Do you have the tiny foot problem that is common with us shorties? I was going to poke you for workout shoe brands if so~

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ixaera said:

Lovin' the selfies!

Do you have the tiny foot problem that is common with us shorties? I was going to poke you for workout shoe brands if so~

I wear a boys 3 in chucks, and a 5-1/2 or 6 in women's stuff (sometimes I can get away with a 6-1/2 in heels if I'm borrowing or something.) I like some basic new balance stuff for cross training, but since I started lifting it's mostly just chucks and the Onitsuka Tigers that I LOVE (I think they're supposed to be for car racing or something, but they're great.) They're pretty old these days, I should see about replacing them. Otherwise, it's Merril hiking boots for trails and rucking etc and that's about it! What do you go in for?

• Like 1

You've got a size on me in shoes, then. I'm currently wearing some sad orphaned ill-fitting Nike's I found on sale at Nordstrom Rack once. These are a women's 4 and not very good for much. I've been poking around here and there trying to find out the best sports shoes for unfortunate foot sizes. Being in the border area between kid's and women's is an annoying spot. BUT I'm told that youth weight lifting shoes exist, and once I figure out WHICH store to stick my head in I'll eventually fix my problem that is shoes. Surely kids hike, too.

It's just very different from shoes to wear to work. Many girls' shoes look adult enough, and there are brands out there that go down to 4 or 4.5 if I want something more durable.

Bonus: Light up shoes!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

You've got a size on me in shoes, then. I'm currently wearing some sad orphaned ill-fitting Nike's I found on sale at Nordstrom Rack once. These are a women's 4 and not very good for much. I've been poking around here and there trying to find out the best sports shoes for unfortunate foot sizes. Being in the border area between kid's and women's is an annoying spot. BUT I'm told that youth weight lifting shoes exist, and once I figure out WHICH store to stick my head in I'll eventually fix my problem that is shoes. Surely kids hike, too.

It's just very different from shoes to wear to work. Many girls' shoes look adult enough, and there are brands out there that go down to 4 or 4.5 if I want something more durable.

Bonus: Light up shoes!

And wheelies!!!! yeah, dress shoes are tough, but whenever I can go kids I will. Made the same and less expensive. Chucks are good for lifting though, and go all the way down in sizes in all the best designs

KaDFa59.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Just catching up! Fabulous job on all those lifts and on getting up the nerve for form videos!

Thanks!! (Stupid form videos LOL)

10 hours ago, Max Power said:

Lifting talk, check!

Minecraft talk, check!
Hudsucker Proxy reference, check!

I'm late, but caught up and now following!

Keep up the good work!

Oh hi!

8 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Congrats on a guilt free weekend of eating! That's awesome!

You're doing excellent on your lifting already! :)

Thank you!! Feels surprisingly natural, all this eating business. Had a descent day with that today, I'm guessing it'll get easier and easier as I keep it up. We'll see how it goes! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

And wheelies!!!! yeah, dress shoes are tough, but whenever I can go kids I will. Made the same and less expensive. Chucks are good for lifting though, and go all the way down in sizes in all the best designs

Oooo I might do that in the meanwhile then! Thanks!!

• Like 1

So that thing I said about getting some sleep last night? Well... I guess I have another chance to try tonight. Was exhausted today but had a pretty full day so I hustled into the gym early. Lifts were okay, more of the same for the most part, but bench continues to be a problem. I almost failed at 65# and ended up de-loading to 55# to finish the set. Will be reported with trainer on Weds for revision. (Also massive bicep DOMS but only on one side. Something is amiss.)

Macros were pretty good though dinner was through a work event so hard to track. Mostly veggies and dips and some chicken stuff *shrugs* but I tried to get in a bunch and did a protein shake with creatine after gym.

Thanks to the hustling I managed to sneak in a power nap before hustling up to a work thing tonight.

Log:

~Squats~

2X5 45#

2X5 65#

2X5 85#

2X5 95#

5X5 115# (max reps)

~Bench~

2X5 45#

2X5 55#

2X5 65#

3X5 55#