Fledgling Shadri Goes to Herbology Class

Dusk

I've been on a little bit of a Harry Potter kick lately. And by a little, I mean a LOT. Seriously. I have more pride for my house than I do for my actual real-life school. 

As some of you may know, I am a (very very very) proud Hufflepuff! I've done a Hufflepuff-themed challenge in the past, but I wanted to revisit it. I feel like maybe I didn't do it enough justice last time.

Hufflepuffs generally have a special knack for Herbology. I, unfortunately, do not. So this challenge, I'm going to spend some extra time in the Herbology greenhouses.

AKA: I'm gonna try and re-learn how to eat well and stay in my macros.

- Continue tracking food using MyFitnessPal

- DON'T SPEND ANY EXTRA MONEY ON FOOD

- It's okay to be hungry sometimes. You can wait until dinner, you silly badger. You don't have to go buy all the things the moment you get a rumbly in your tumbly.

Aside from that, I'm gonna hopefully be keeping up on my other activities that have become (mostly) habit by now, namely going to the gym and/or exercising two or three times a week. 

Week 1 of the challenge falls right on Final Exam week.

Week 2 should be fairly normal.

Week 3, I'll be on vacation visiting some family.

Week 4 is the first week of my PHYSICS RESEARCH INTERNSHIP.

This challenge is gonna be hella crazy.

Bring it on.

11492472_350.png

(Photo from user Aztec on this website)

• Like 7

Badger dragon? What? I thought you already did your Avatar theme! :P Looks awesome!!

5 minutes ago, Shadri said:

- It's okay to be hungry sometimes. You can wait until dinner, you silly badger. You don't have to go buy all the things the moment you get a rumbly in your tumbly.

Ugh, this struggle is so real.

• Like 3

Whooo! Welcome back Shadri! Can't wait to see the awesomeness!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Go Beyond - Jedi's Pro Hero Challenge

Jedi Battle Log

“If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit”

- Toshinori Yagi (All Might), My Hero Academia

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48

54 minutes ago, Shadri said:

- DON'T SPEND ANY EXTRA MONEY ON FOOD

Are you reading my mind? ARE YOU??  This is my hella major flaw lately.  Although I'm always so HUNGRY......

PROUD HUFFLEPUFFS UNITE!!! <3 <3 

71688f4e2b09bc6a484dd5b89b9bdf165971b25a

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Badgers don't forget, they remember, what's more.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, SkiBlue said:

Badger dragon? What? I thought you already did your Avatar theme! :P Looks awesome!!

Ugh, this struggle is so real.

^_^ Thanks!

Ugh I know!!! My wallet and my tummy are both sad about it.

5 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

tumblr_mhq8vhVmfa1s3pgpdo1_500.jpg

From a proud Slytherpuff, Hufflepuff is such a good house! *Flings magic confetti*

Hufflepuff is AWESOME <3

5 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Whooo! Welcome back Shadri! Can't wait to see the awesomeness!

^_^ 

5 hours ago, shaarawy said:

Are you reading my mind? ARE YOU??  This is my hella major flaw lately.  Although I'm always so HUNGRY......

PROUD HUFFLEPUFFS UNITE!!! <3 <3 

71688f4e2b09bc6a484dd5b89b9bdf165971b25a

It's so hard! With my debit card whispering in my ear, and my stomach shouting at me.... it's high school peer pressure all over again xD haha.

PUUUFFFFSSSS <3

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Badgers don't forget, they remember, what's more.

Idk, speaking as a badger, I'm pretty forgetful! :P 

~ ~ ~ ~

Day 0.1 ~ Didn't buy any extra food today! Can't speak for the quality yet, have to log it in MFP.

In other news, I was trying to edit my signature just now and I was able to put the new link in, but I CAN'T EDIT THE FONT AND SO NOW THERE ARE A MIXTURE OF FONTS ON MY SIGNATURE AND ITS DRIVING ME BATPOOP CRAZY. CAN ANYONE HELP MEEEE? :( 

• Like 2

I was 

57 minutes ago, Shadri said:

Idk, speaking as a badger, I'm pretty forgetful! :P 

I was quoting Trufflehunter the Badger from Prince Caspian in an attempt to go meta on the Badger love. For anyone who wonders I am also 100% on team Hufflepuff.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was 

I was quoting Trufflehunter the Badger from Prince Caspian in an attempt to go meta on the Badger love. For anyone who wonders I am also 100% on team Hufflepuff.

Ohhh, ok. I was wondering if you were quoting something. Its been for fracking EVER since I've read those. I need to bump them up a little higher on my to-read list... :) 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Shadri said:

In other news, I was trying to edit my signature just now and I was able to put the new link in, but I CAN'T EDIT THE FONT AND SO NOW THERE ARE A MIXTURE OF FONTS ON MY SIGNATURE AND ITS DRIVING ME BATPOOP CRAZY. CAN ANYONE HELP MEEEE? :( 

hi! i did a search for 'signature' to see if i could find answers to the same problem! i hope someone can chime in!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

22 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hi! i did a search for 'signature' to see if i could find answers to the same problem! i hope someone can chime in!

Cool! Lemme know if you find anything out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day 0.2 - I forgot to track. AND I bought extra food at school (a breakfast burrito, cos I didn't bring enough post-workout food). But, most of what I ate was fairly healthy, at least. And it's still zero week anyway.

In other unrelated news, I just bought the special edition of the BBC Pride and Prejudice miniseries and I AM SO EXCITE. <3 <3 <3

Also, I am getting my hairs cut on Saturday!

And I only have 6 actual school days left!!!!

SO MANY EXCITING THINGS HAPPENING. 

tumblr_mbhrphYilw1rnjgkko1_500.gif

• Like 2

Needs more Hufflepuff dragons.

HufflepuffCouple_zps3011a50b.png

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Ooh! Ooh! By BBC Miniseries, does that refer to the Colin Firth version? My mom watches those regularly, and while Elizabeth's mother's voice just about drives me up the walls (like nails on a chalkboard, they cast her so well) it is a very good adaptation I must admit. :D

*EXCITEDLY SHARES IN YOUR EXCITEMENT*

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

7 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Ooh! Ooh! By BBC Miniseries, does that refer to the Colin Firth version? My mom watches those regularly, and while Elizabeth's mother's voice just about drives me up the walls (like nails on a chalkboard, they cast her so well) it is a very good adaptation I must admit. :D

*EXCITEDLY SHARES IN YOUR EXCITEMENT*

Yeeeess it is the Colin Firth one :3 They're so brilliantly done. I've only read the first half of the book, but from what I can tell they did it pretty spot-on. (Plus Colin Firth is GORGEOUS.)

1 minute ago, dragons4lessa said:

THIS.  I always go to the store and spend tons of money and then don't even make the stuff.  Simple is better.

Yep... it's difficult. I've been thinking it over, and I just don't think this whole "being an adult" thing is gonna work out. :P 

5 minutes ago, Shadri said:

Yeeeess it is the Colin Firth one :3 They're so brilliantly done. I've only read the first half of the book, but from what I can tell they did it pretty spot-on. (Plus Colin Firth is GORGEOUS.)

It's been an age and a half since I read the book, but definitely remember being pleasantly surprised by how close they kept to the source material. Hehe, it isn't even my favorite story (or close to) and it's impossible not to be impressed by the BBC adaption. From the casting (Colin Firth is indeed gorgeous, wow, and then of course Elizabeth's parents are perfect, as is Catherine de Bourgh- I want to tell her off for her rudeness every single time) to the costumes, dialogue, acting, and everything they just did a truly marvelous job. <3

On May 5, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Needs more Hufflepuff dragons.

HufflepuffCouple_zps3011a50b.png

Aww I totally missed those! Unfortunately, there aren't many offerings for hufflepuff-colored dragons out there. But...

badger_dragon_by_spookyboots.jpg

Badger dragon is close enough right?? :D 

1 hour ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

It's been an age and a half since I read the book, but definitely remember being pleasantly surprised by how close they kept to the source material. Hehe, it isn't even my favorite story (or close to) and it's impossible not to be impressed by the BBC adaption. From the casting (Colin Firth is indeed gorgeous, wow, and then of course Elizabeth's parents are perfect, as is Catherine de Bourgh- I want to tell her off for her rudeness every single time) to the costumes, dialogue, acting, and everything they just did a truly marvelous job. <3

Truly marvelous, indeed <3 I really need to finish the book. It's on my list for the summer. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Shadri said:

Badger dragon is close enough right?? :D 

Someone needs to remix that 'Badger Badget Mushroom' song to Badger, Badger, DRAGON DRAGON!

66faad582bd8c83a53606d597beae4dd691fc8f4

• Like 3

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

21 hours ago, Shadri said:

Truly marvelous, indeed <3 I really need to finish the book. It's on my list for the summer. 

Yassss! And that's a good pick for summer reading, too. Just a nice fit, especially if the weather's nice. But it makes a good winter read, too, preferably curled up in a comfy chair with a quilt, fire-crackling sound effects, cuppa tea, soft music...shmancy feelings, basically. ;)

here's a dragon for your collection: 10300979_350.png

• Like 1

On May 7, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Someone needs to remix that 'Badger Badget Mushroom' song to Badger, Badger, DRAGON DRAGON!

66faad582bd8c83a53606d597beae4dd691fc8f4

Ha! Yes xD "dragondragondragondragondragondragondragondragondragondragondragondragon SKYRIM SKYRIM"

On May 7, 2016 at 9:19 AM, MiaulinTheCat said:

Yassss! And that's a good pick for summer reading, too. Just a nice fit, especially if the weather's nice. But it makes a good winter read, too, preferably curled up in a comfy chair with a quilt, fire-crackling sound effects, cuppa tea, soft music...shmancy feelings, basically. ;)

here's a dragon for your collection: 10300979_350.png

Yep! Well, there are a gajillion books I need to read this summer, so we'll see how many I actually get to xD haha.

Aww what a cutie!! ^_^ 

~ ~ ~

So, I didn't know that Sunday was the first day of the challenge until... well, Sunday. I do not like. So, today is my first day, and I'll just go an extra day at the end :P

(Not to mention, yesterday I went to the theater to see CAP'N MURICA and ate terrible food while I was there, so it was not a day I want on my records.... ;))

Didn't realize the challenge started yesterday either, so it was a good thing I picked that dial to start dialing in my noming habits.  But even if you didn't, Monday is always the perfect day to start fresh.  ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Ooh, I hope you enjoyed the movie! The trailers make it look fantastic.

It was great! I really liked it. All y'all need to go see it ASAP. ;) 

9 hours ago, BitterOyster said:

OMG Shadri hello! Hufflepuff pride!!! I have ordered a Hufflepuff patch for my battle jacket :) Glad you're pumped for this challenge!

Yaaay Hufflepuff! Right now, I'm just pumped to get finals week out of the way... only two days left!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day 1.2 - Tracked food. Only a little bit over on calories, but like a gazillion times over on carbs. Also, bought food at school cos we didn't have anything easy to bring along from home. Why does all the affordable food at school have to be so carb heavy??? ARGH. 

Today is studying... and tomorrow is my final battle with the evil Magneto! At least, I hope. The final exam is worth a HUGE portion of the grade.... so I'm pretty freakin' nervous. I'm sure it'll be fine though.

• Like 1