• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera picks up a battleaxe~

Deadlift video!

My back looks better. I could do better with more tightness at the top.

My new mental cue is "UP WITH BUTT" which seems for whatever reason to work better than pulling through feet for me, for both power and back rounding. I also noticed that when failing, my shins were closer to the bar to begin with (because everything you read is like, your shins should touch the bar), but apparently that's not quite right for me, though I do try to track as close as possible.

Also, lolmath, I rep 6x, not 5

https://youtu.be/0CA63GTDCa8

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

Deadlift video!

My back looks better. I could do better with more tightness at the top.

My new mental cue is "UP WITH BUTT" which seems for whatever reason to work better than pulling through feet for me, for both power and back rounding.

It's looking a lot better, AND the bar appears to be staying close to your legs all the way down. 

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

I also noticed that when failing, my shins were closer to the bar to begin with (because everything you read is like, your shins should touch the bar), but apparently that's not quite right for me, though I do try to track as close as possible.

Hmm, it would depend on when you are applying bar to shins. When you position your feet, the bar should be over the midfoot, which means your legs are not touching the bar yet. The next step is to take a grip on the bar and bend the knees until your leg and the bar come in contact. There needs to be some room to achieve the right position, and having shins against the bar immediately would be bad (for a conventional deadlift). You would be performing a kind of stiff-legged deadlift, which would probably explain the failing.

• Like 1

So, ending stats and such

Start is on left, end is on right

Height 5'0" (almost)
Weight 104.8 lbs | 109.2 lbs

waist: 25.5" | 26"

at navel: 29" | 29"

hips: 34.5" | 35"

widest spot: 35.5" | 36"

r. thigh: 20.25" | 20.5"

l. thigh: 20.25" | 20.4"

r. calf: 12.25" | 12.25"

l. calf: 12.5" | 12.5"

r. bicep: 10.5" | 10.6"

l. bicep: 10.25" | 10.5"

chest: 30" | 30.5"

bust: 32" | 32"

Avg calorie intake (overall): 1821

Avg protein intake (overall): 103g

Protein was a little shy of goal, calories a little over. The great thing about lifting as an activity, though, is that extra calories turn into PRs, so whether you gain some or lose some, a goal is always being met :) Eventually want to shake out those macros a bit better.

• Like 5