• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera picks up a battleaxe~

16 hours ago, Urgan said:

Lesson learned. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, really. Homemade > packaged food anyway...

It was especially delicious, so worthwhile! I only lose sleep over the wasted ones, you eat it and go "but no, that wasn't tasty enough... :( "

16 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

But you are trying to get bigger, aren't you?

Your solution is good.  End of day.  If the junk shows up early, then you save it for tomorrow.  Otherwise, enjoy! :)

Stronger, bigger is just a side-effect XD

Of all the cakes to whoops on, at least I picked one with more protein than others???

Let's go with that...

• Like 3

Lifts today, because I'll probably have to be driven home silly later--

1255650-buffy_32_006.jpg

Anyway

Squats

1x5 45 lbs

5x5 70 lbs

workin my way back up

OHP

5x5 47 lbs

still arcing ARG

Deadlift

1x5 120 lbs

was supposed to be 119 lbs today at the 2 lb growth but

I didn't do that for some arbitrary reason

Lunch today was spicy sashimi salad

I'm only saying this to brag~

• Like 3

Totally eating like an asshole today and yesterday, oops

Thus proving I don't need 10 crazy random goals to have a hard as crap challenge

So far bad at outings, bad at being 85% good most days, and today's protein sucks. 

Hard. MFing. Work.

Time to dust off and try again...

44 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Hard. MFing. Work.

Time to dust off and try again...

First:  Week 0! :D

Second:  It is all about the journey - finding out what works for you.

So you succeeded in finding out what does not work for you. :)

I also believe in off days.  Over here it is finally warm and sunny so everybody wants to have a barbecue.  Some of these days you might be able to plan for in advance.  For example, I cannot eat like an asshole tonight because I am planning to eat like an asshole tomorrow night.

Protein hax - Do you have them?  Mine are Cottage Cheese, Plain Greek Yogurt, and Powder, in that order.  I look up my macros on MFP at the end of the day and top up.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

First:  Week 0! :D

Second:  It is all about the journey - finding out what works for you.

So you succeeded in finding out what does not work for you. :)

I also believe in off days.  Over here it is finally warm and sunny so everybody wants to have a barbecue.  Some of these days you might be able to plan for in advance.  For example, I cannot eat like an asshole tonight because I am planning to eat like an asshole tomorrow night.

Protein hax - Do you have them?  Mine are Cottage Cheese, Plain Greek Yogurt, and Powder, in that order.  I look up my macros on MFP at the end of the day and top up.

Indeed. I wasn't taking this zero week because I didn't feel I needed one yet (I took the last one for sure). I have an off day built in, my fail was in taking a second, unplanned one whoops

I LOVE cottage cheese, but I'm starting to get tired of it. Yogurt is hit or miss for me (sometimes I want some, but I dislike 0% or even 2%, and cottage cheese has a better protein to calorie ratio when you get to the full fat level, and I can never eat it fast enough and it goes bad). Protein powder I'm still exploring because everything I've gotten has been weird, taste-wise. The Quest bars I have are OK, but very eh. So, working on it. I might just have to build in meat snacks, but that's so very expensive~

My weakness is chips and salsa, nachos, and beer. Not nearly enough proteins in those!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ixaera said:

My weakness is chips and salsa, nachos, and beer. Not nearly enough proteins in those!

Good lord, could you imagine if they were? If someone came out with protein packed beer and nachos, we'd never leave the cantinas!

Edited to add that it's the mistakes we don't learn from that hurt us. Be a little hard on yourself, but not too hard. ;)

Edited by Alaysia
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Alaysia said:

Good lord, could you imagine if they were? If someone came out with protein packed beer and nachos, we'd never leave the cantinas!

Edited to add that it's the mistakes we don't learn from that hurt us. Be a little hard on yourself, but not too hard. ;)

I would be at like 400g protein everyday

• Like 3

Zero week is zero week. I know you're trying to build momentum, but morale is a thing, too!

Canned meat is your friend. I have (re)discovered tuna, and it is good. Check the label, all tuna is not equally protein packed. 

I found some coffee flavored protein powder, and chilled down with ice cubes the funny taste is cut in more than half. Not sure if it'd work for your brand, but worth a try??

• Like 1

Unrelated to anything challenge based, but I found some Fin Du Monde yesterday and will probably be consuming it today! So excited! Good thing my challenge doesn't start until tomorrow :P

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

Zero week is zero week. I know you're trying to build momentum, but morale is a thing, too!

Canned meat is your friend. I have (re)discovered tuna, and it is good. Check the label, all tuna is not equally protein packed. 

I found some coffee flavored protein powder, and chilled down with ice cubes the funny taste is cut in more than half. Not sure if it'd work for your brand, but worth a try??

Coffee is a no go for me (hate the stuff, wish I didn't for caffeine reasons), BUT chilled is a great idea. I'm going to try throwing it in some overnight cold oats also and see how that goes. I also dislike the taste of the plain canned tuna, but have been researching ways to jazz it up. For my next trick, tuna & cannelloni bean salads. Canned salmon is marginally better, taste-wise. I guess there's a reason my default diet is low in protein lol  Still, there's gonna be something that works so I can have variety with my cottage cheese. (I have other protein powders to try, also, many many others.)

You know, tea-flavored would work. I love the shit out of some tea. I wonder if that exists. Research time~

20 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

Unrelated to anything challenge based, but I found some Fin Du Monde yesterday and will probably be consuming it today! So excited! Good thing my challenge doesn't start until tomorrow :P

Get ready for a big ole buzz.

• Like 3

Expanding your protein horizons...see, this challenge is doing you good already~

25 minutes ago, ixaera said:

OH DERP

it's shark week tomorrow

life is explained

Whoops. Cut yourself some extra slack and proceed! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ixaera said:

OH DERP

it's shark week tomorrow

life is explained

LOL I recently set up a phone notification a week ahead of time to avoid a full week of confusion/frustration ;)  Really helped me these last few months!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

LOL I recently set up a phone notification a week ahead of time to avoid a full week of confusion/frustration ;)  Really helped me these last few months!

I should probably do that... I manage to get surprised by it every time somehow lol

• Like 1

Week 0, Day 7

Today gets a big "good enough" stamp.

I finished my required studying, I ate well, did my yoga, and that was really all I had to do today anyway.

Honestly, my protein was 94g. And I have decided 1g isn't worth quibbling over so I slapped a point on my spreadsheet anyway. I will frown slightly in its general direction, instead.

Average calories for the week was above goal, 1717, not a thing I'm worried about.

Average protein at 98g, a little low, but probably at least adequate.

Tossed a small amount of my too-sweet protein powder in my dessert (frozen banana blended with almond milk & strawberries, it makes a kind of fake ice cream I like). Worked out well, will try a little more next time. I know from experience a whole scoop is too much for my taste buds, but maybe I can sneak a little more protein in this way, too.

Zero Week Summary

I'll weight this week a little less since zero week I guess (I really do like momentum, though, it is known). That said, I did good on many things. My weaknesses look to be the 85% good food goal & and outings goal. These are really important to me, though, so I'm going to tie actual rewards (besides numbers in a signature) to them. But I'm going to scale the rewards in a concrete way so I'm not tempted to say "good enough" and give myself something nice for less work. This is working for a personal goal I'm tracking separately so I'm trying it here. Don't know WHAT the rewards will be yet, but

85% + outings combo -- all 4 weeks aced on both = something legitimately nice (thinking android wear or perhaps a desktop PC upgrade, we will see how money looks)

A / B combo -- 50/50 split or higher but less than max goal = something less valuable but still a nice pat on the back for a good try (another pair of nice boots perhaps? some classy, durable flats?)

B's on both -- maybe that pair of petite pajama jeans I've been eyeballing or something of equal value

B on just one -- new sports bra or some leggings

Gonna slap a C on this week, since I did pretty poorly on one specific goal, but not technically count it.

Now the games begin~

Buffy-Funny-GIFS-buffy-the-vampire-slaye

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ixaera said:

I should probably do that... I manage to get surprised by it every time somehow lol

I have an app that tracks that kind of thing and I still get surprised because my body will randomly decide to be early or late. Just because...

• Like 2

I shouldn't even need an app b/c I'm like clockwork and the color of pill I'm taking SHOULD alert me, I'm just not attentive to it.

Gym buddy today said she wants to do gym on Tues/Thurs too for cardio, and that I help so much by showing up, because it gets her to show up, so she wanted to know if I would cardio with her as well. I figure, it's the least I can do. She changed gym locations for me, and it will fill my cardio requirement.

BUT I don't want to break my gains. So I'm researching appropriate cardio that won't something something fast-twitching muscles sciencey words

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I shouldn't even need an app b/c I'm like clockwork and the color of pill I'm taking SHOULD alert me, I'm just not attentive to it.

Gym buddy today said she wants to do gym on Tues/Thurs too for cardio, and that I help so much by showing up, because it gets her to show up, so she wanted to know if I would cardio with her as well. I figure, it's the least I can do. She changed gym locations for me, and it will fill my cardio requirement.

BUT I don't want to break my gains. So I'm researching appropriate cardio that won't something something fast-twitching muscles sciencey words

Walk on the treadmill while listening to sciency exercise science podcasts?

• Like 3

Either walking pace or sprints would be good, depending on how much time you'll need to kill. You can't do any harm with a walk, and sprints for (obviously) a short duration work the best with lifting, to my understanding. Jogging/running for a long time will be more likely to cause you trouble. 

• Like 1

Week 1 Day 1

NBD, did the thing, ate the food, rolled the muscles

Found food hard today. Was full all day, even with a decent percentage of the calories being liquid. I blame sharks for my appetite. It happens.

Squats

1x5 45 lbs

5x5 75 lbs

Form is feeling more natural, going to video at 80 lbs again to make sure I'm not reverting.

Bench

5x5 56 lbs

my cute little half pound weights

Row

5x5 51 lbs

The journey back to max with better form~

buffy%2Bconstruction%2Blife%2Bserial.gif

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Woke up with ab DOMS. Possible sign that I'm finally tightening the core enough on lifts??

Stabilization is no joke!

• Like 1

I'm seriously late to the party, but spicy sashimi is worth late mention. I know what i'm having for lunch  now :)

Walkings, on the treadmills, would be the option, if that is where your friend is going.  If you aren't shackled to a machine you could do, farmers walks, waiters walks for cardio too? work on your grip strength and keeping those AbDOMS fresh. 

• Like 1