Completed my first aerial performance!

It's been a long road of self-discovery, weight loss, injury, frustration, and tenacity.... but this past weekend I managed to do this!

If you had told my tired, achy, overweight self two years ago that I would be flying, I never would have believed it....

YEAH!

• Like 10

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

9 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

I remembered you a few years ago, and look at you now! keep kicking them butts!

dont silks give a shitload of burns and bruises in the start? :)

I'm tenacious, that's my superpower.

And yes, so many burns and bruises.  Your body norms to it, though, and then you don't bruise/burn as bad.  Your skin gets tougher. :P

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

6 hours ago, starsapart said:

I'm tenacious, that's my superpower.

And yes, so many burns and bruises.  Your body norms to it, though, and then you don't bruise/burn as bad.  Your skin gets tougher. :P

yeah guess its like the rings, forearms seems to take less and less bruises :D

Be like water my friend

On 9 May 2016 at 4:25 PM, starsapart said:

I know corde lisse gives burns and bruises when you start (I've tried it), I didn't think it was so bad with silks/tissue? 

Just now, Steaky said:

I know corde lisse gives burns and bruises when you start (I've tried it), I didn't think it was so bad with silks/tissue? 

They all bruise and burn.  Corde lisse/rope is a bit more painful but I definitely walked around looking like someone had been beating me with a stick for the first few months of silks training.......

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Just now, starsapart said:

They all bruise and burn.  Corde lisse/rope is a bit more painful but I definitely walked around looking like someone had been beating me with a stick for the first few months of silks training.......

I guess it's all relative to where you've come from and what your body is or isn't used to when you start? 

9 minutes ago, Steaky said:

I guess it's all relative to where you've come from and what your body is or isn't used to when you start? 

More or less.  For burns.... they are what they are, regardless of apparatus.  Silks may look soft and, well, silky, but they're pretty rough on your body too.  Aerial is pain, haha!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

14 hours ago, starsapart said:

More or less.  For burns.... they are what they are, regardless of apparatus.  Silks may look soft and, well, silky, but they're pretty rough on your body too.  Aerial is pain, haha!

all hard work/labour leave their marks :D

but I kinda like it, its a nice confidence boost when you keep going despite those things :D

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

2 hours ago, Norgaard said:

all hard work/labour leave their marks :D

but I kinda like it, its a nice confidence boost when you keep going despite those things :D

Fortunately, once your body norms to it, you don't bruise as easily anymore.  These days I'll only bruise if I drill the same drop 10 times or something similarly foolish. :P

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

4 hours ago, starsapart said:

Fortunately, once your body norms to it, you don't bruise as easily anymore.  These days I'll only bruise if I drill the same drop 10 times or something similarly foolish. :P

yeah same here, however after starting doing false grip work again, I have to start over on the new spot :D

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

18 hours ago, Norgaard said:

yeah same here, however after starting doing false grip work again, I have to start over on the new spot :D

Well yes, there's always that.....

16 hours ago, chloehawker said:

This is so cool!!! Gorgeous to watch!

Thank you!!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

7 hours ago, GoldLynx said:

Great job!! That was so cool. Would you mind if I ask about how old you are?

Thanks!

I don't mind - I'm 31.  Almost 32 (give me a few weeks).  I started aerial at 30.  So "you have to start as a kid" is a huge fat lie. ;)

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, starsapart said:

Thanks!

I don't mind - I'm 31.  Almost 32 (give me a few weeks).  I started aerial at 30.  So "you have to start as a kid" is a huge fat lie. ;)

Wow, that's awesome! No kidding. Chinese proverb: "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The next best time is now." :)

• Like 4

We do not show off, for we are the unseen. We are not motivated by aesthetics, but effectiveness. Our bodies are our weapons, not our trophies.

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.

On 15 May 2016 at 2:17 AM, starsapart said:

Thanks!

I had my first taster at rope around 25 years old and was told I was more graceful with some of the simpler moves than some people who had started as a child. That was quite a confidence boost. I'm now closer to 35 than 25 and have still not had any more lessons 

• Like 1
On 5/17/2016 at 7:13 AM, GoldLynx said:

Wow, that's awesome! No kidding. Chinese proverb: "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The next best time is now." :)

Truer words were never spoken!

On 5/18/2016 at 5:36 AM, Steaky said:

I had my first taster at rope around 25 years old and was told I was more graceful with some of the simpler moves than some people who had started as a child. That was quite a confidence boost. I'm now closer to 35 than 25 and have still not had any more lessons 

I hope you get another chance soon. :)  It's such fun and feels so powerful.

6 hours ago, AlanaKFitness said:

Wow, that is so cool! O.O

1 hour ago, gingered said:

Incredibles-Totally-Wicked.gif

Thank you! ^_^

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads