• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Day 0.4

1)  Train like the Mountain

Rest day!!!! Yeaaa, got my active rest on by walking around the mall after work. Picked up a cool sleeveless shawl/sweater thing to show off my guns and some epsom salts per @Urgan's thread. Also got a 15 minute chair massage because I’ve been having right side neck/trap tightness (I think due to poor mouse ergonomics). So normally these things kind of suck, but I was like, ehh fuck it I’ll give it a shot. Dude totally nailed it. Went to town on all my knots and I feel excellent today.

2) Eat like the mountain

Cal – P/F/C = 1760 – 107/55/185

Too many carbs. It was the end of the day and I was really low on calories (~1300) so I supplemented with pop-tarts. Next time I will try for some cheese and nuts and a piece of chocolate or something, because I was also pretty low on fat (happens when you eat mostly meat and veggies all day). NOTED.

Drank dat creatine. Added 2 scoop of BCAAs to my half gallon to ward off the DOMS monster. Seems to have worked. Too bad I’m just going to go get more DOMS tonight! And actually drank way more than my half gallon.

3)    Sleep like the mountain

Phone charged outside the bedroom. Woke up and didn’t want to do cardio because I did it the night before at the gym, so I just did 10 minutes of core and 10 minutes of foam rolling. (Still kind of met the intent of this goal!) Foam rolling was much needed and was a nice start to the day to loosen up the tight glutes and hammies.

Breakfast was a birthday cake flavored shake.

Life Goals

1) Don't be a hoodrat (challenge 1)

Hair and makeup done! No selfie again (dangit!)

2) Don't get too fat (challenge 2)

Walked in! Tried out what I thought would be a shortcut, but I don’t think it’s much shorter than the long way. I might try it again and time it. Got a ride home because we went mall walking.

3) Read (challenge 3)

No reading done. Watched BSG instead.

4)    Don’t be a hermit (challenge 4)

N/A

Scores:

Training: 1 sessions

Gymnastics: 1 class

PT: 4

Creatine: 3/4

Charge phone: 4/4

Breakfast: 4

Cardio/core: 2

Selfies: 1

Walk/bike: 2

Read: 3

Anti-Hermit: 0/1

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Everybody is talking about magnesium and epsom salts.

Get deficient for a bit then you'll be all 'bout that magnesium. Whew. Otherwise, it works a treat for soreness. 

• Like 1

Fired up the grill for lunch today, everyone byo meat and share sides (I didn't bring any sides, but stole a cookie and Brussels sprouts, shh)

Everyone was very impressed with my grill item while they chomped on brats and chicken. 5dfd120fff4220173695c815c516136d.jpg

Edit: It's a raisin scone, not a chocolate chip cookie. I feel so dirty and deceived.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Edit: It's a raisin scone, not a chocolate chip cookie. I feel so dirty and deceived.

BASTARD SCONE!!

hFPQGJ4.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Just think, if we baked with golden raisins this travesty would never occur. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rookiebeotch said:

They also tend to be on the 'why do these things exist?' side... 

So I'm sensing they aren't your very favorite baked good, lol...

22 minutes ago, Rookiebeotch said:

I would rather outlaw scones. 

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

They do tend to be on the dry side...

14 minutes ago, Rookiebeotch said:

They also tend to be on the 'why do these things exist?' side... 

You must be eating them wrong. I thought you guys called them "biscuits"? Then ate them with gravy, or is that just the movies?

Can't beat a good scoone with strawberry jam and whipped cream!

A favourite as a kid!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

I thought you guys called them "biscuits"? Then ate them with gravy, or is that just the movies?

Those are a bit different from scones - much lighter - in the way that something made mostly out of lard can be light. In Brooklyn you can get lavender scones with rosemary and chard. And artisanal sea salt. (Brooklyn is dumb.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

You must be eating them wrong. I thought you guys called them "biscuits"? Then ate them with gravy, or is that just the movies?

Can't beat a good scoone with strawberry jam and whipped cream!

A favourite as a kid!

Depending on the region, gravy may be employed to smother biscuits, yes. My dad's side loves a little biscuit with their gravy, it's all a bit much for my stomach, lol. Where I'm from, biscuits and cornbread traditionally aren't baked with any sugar, it's a savory vehicle for butter (and jam/jelly/preserves in the case of the former), no matter what Jim 'n Nicks thinks (they put a great deal of sugar in their cheese "biscuits"--muffins would be more accurate, technically).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNQF7nbGryUWY1x3T88Iq

Nothing unpleasantly dry about either of them if you have your culinary wits about you. I'm had scones that were tolerable and scones that were like very small triangular bricks, so I suppose it comes down to those who know what they're doing....

• Like 3

Biscuits are nice. Scones are not. 

How to make a scone; take a recipe for a light flakey buttery baked good, remove all leavening, double the flour, over knead the dough, add in raisins, form into bricks top with sugar, bake until hard through out. 

• Like 4

So this is a scone and they can be pretty delightful with a cup of tea:

MCD00063_500x356.jpg?1290523246

Think y'all need to come over hear to Britain to try the food! (Not the most likely sentence!)

• Like 4

Hey! I like scones...

and biscuits... and cookies...

Scones (and biscuits) need to be absolutely fresh. A lot of cafes (usually where I run into them) let them sit out too long or have them pre-prepared and then they are too dry and crumbly.

I think scones are made from the same dough as biscuits, but what I'd call a scone is usually sweeter, and has fruit or something mixed in the dough and is triangular. Biscuits are plain and round.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is biscuits and gravy.

Biscuits-and-Sausage-Gravy-recipe-taste-

Note the cream gravy, and sausage is implied in the main constituent of the gravy. 

ftfy

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SpecialSundae said:

Gravy is another thing which is entirely different in the UK. Meat juice, booze, maybe some fruit preserve... not a cream sauce. 

When you come to Texas some day I shall show you the glory that is biscuits and gravy.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2016 at 7:48 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is biscuits and gravy.

Biscuits-and-Sausage-Gravy-recipe-taste-

Note the cream gravy, and sausage is implied in the gravy. 

Artery clogging goodness!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Gravy is another thing which is entirely different in the UK. Meat juice, booze, maybe some fruit preserve... not a cream sauce. 

Take out the fruit preserve and add Vegemite goodness!! 

• Like 2