• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarbarianBassBro

\m/ Being more awesome and successfull \m/

Finally found/caught up with your challenge man.

It's interesting that you say bassists get jokes about being stupid. Where I am (in England) bassist get a reputation for being aloof and thinking they're the only real musicians in the band (drummers get all the jokes about being stupid, I could tell a lot of them). I play bass myself so I know the feeling of trying to show the lead guitar who's boss!

Also, checking yourself out in the mirror is totally worthwhile. My Mrs laughs at me for flexing my "muscles" in front of the mirror, but it really helps me feel I'm making progress.

Good luck with the challenge man, I know you are going to rock it!

I get hit with the joke: how many bass players does it take to change a lightbulb.?

Just one, but the guitarist has to show him how first. 

Terrible. 

I read somewhere on HTB's instagram or an interview that he didn't even realise McGregor was trying.  

Bass all the things, good work on the protein count :) 

• Like 1

Wow, so much bass love <3

Didn´t realize there are so many bass playing fitness nerds in this community ^_^

I´ll update on my challenge later on, got my audition at the semiprofessional band this evening and I want to do a sh*tload of bass playing and backing vocals today (inner perferctionist you know...).

Regarding bass players and jokes:

The usual chliche is that we´re dumb, can only play E and A, have no clue about anything related to chords and music theory and they never get groupies. Pics like those get send to me on a regular base for sure:

Groupie-Accidentally-Sleeps-with-Bass-Pl

I will and most of the times HAVE shown them all how important bass is! And today I will get freakin´ successfull! *waves*

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SpecialSundae said:

At this point, I'll say that I only dated bass players and drummers for quite a while in my teens. The rhythm section were far more fun!

Them and rugby players.

bd55eb3b704822a6f3f069730e6a50f7.jpg

Good girl! I don´t understand why most prefer the lead guitar, they´re usually doing solos ;)

• Like 5

@Schaengel another musician here? Groupie? Roadie? Sound technician?

Regarding musician jokes:

My favourite I test new band crews music theory knowledge with: The bass player asks the drummer what a syncopation is. The drummer says "Your 1" (A syncopation is in easy words a slightly delayed note. I always tell that joke when there are timing jokes told like "Is your bass players timing so bad, he would like to throw himself behind a train to commit suicide?")

My fav´guitar player joke is "How many lead guitars do you need to change a light bulb? 13. 1 who does and a dozen who tells him, he could have done that too (and better)"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

@Schaengel another musician here? Groupie? Roadie? Sound technician?

Kind of all things ;)

Finished my first education as an "Event Management Assistant" and did parts of that in a booking agency, worked as a merchandiser, Tourcrew for comedians and a small punk band (there I also worked in video production and cd-production, marketing etc. so you could say Band management) and some time as a stagehand and later teamleader tech assist in the area around Cologne (inside preparing the Lanxess Arena for an Icehockey game is a really sucky 12+hour night job ;) ). After that I started studying but I want to go back to the event circus in the near future.

On the musician part, I tried to learn guitar but...

200.gif

My brother is quite good at guitar and at the moment I'm playing around with trying to sing and writing songs with him...and someday I will learn to play that stupid guitar too.

For the musician jokes:

How do you know that your drummer is standing at your door?

The knocking get's faster...

;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Schaengel said:

Kind of all things ;)

Finished my first education as an "Event Management Assistant" and did parts of that in a booking agency, worked as a merchandiser, Tourcrew for comedians and a small punk band (there I also worked in video production and cd-production, marketing etc. so you could say Band management) and some time as a stagehand and later teamleader tech assist in the area around Cologne (inside preparing the Lanxess Arena for an Icehockey game is a really sucky 12+hour night job ;) ). After that I started studying but I want to go back to the event circus in the near future.

On the musician part, I tried to learn guitar but...

200.gif

My brother is quite good at guitar and at the moment I'm playing around with trying to sing and writing songs with him...and someday I will learn to play that stupid guitar too.

For the musician jokes:

How do you know that your drummer is standing at your door?

The knocking get's faster...

;)

Ah, explains a lot then :) (I´m getting more and more excited about RPC this year, when there´s another musician-related guy ^_^ )

It´s never too late to learn an instrument, I started playing bass at 24.

A drummer and a bass player fall out of the window.... *bump bump*

• Like 2

Wow, sounds like you've done some pretty cool stuff @Schaengel.

Love the musician jokes.

How many singers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One, they just hold it and the world revolves around them.

How do you know when your stage is level? The drummer's drooling out of both sides of his mouth.

Good luck with the audition tomorrow @barbarianbassbro ; you're gonna rock it!

15 hours ago, Jarric said:

How many singers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One, they just hold it and the world revolves around them.

How do you know when your stage is level? The drummer's drooling out of both sides of his mouth.

Good luck with the audition tomorrow @barbarianbassbro ; you're gonna rock it!

The light bulb thing also works with lead guitar ;)

Challenge Updates:

Still no real fitness stuff going on. Back is getting better, but still not really good, knee either. Maybe I´ll adapt some stuff soon, because I don´t think this week will be my respawn into lifting, next week maybe and the week after I´ll be on mini vacation without the possibilty to do that much sport. Hmm, maybe I´ll need to do bodyweight stuff then...

Tracking and protein don´t work that well either at the moment, because lacking of "need". Yeah I know loosing bodyfat is all about diet, but without moving heavy iron stuff around, I´m just less motivated to stay on track.

The meditation and motivation part just got lost somewhere...

Bass Update:

I´m absolutely not satisfied with that! Regarding that I practiced 2 weeks for 4 songs it was just shit.

Misheard some chords at 2 songs, so I practiced wrong. So the first 2 songs we played together were pretty meh and I got out of my inner balance. The other 2 songs were much better, I prepared the right chords for it (yay...) and the backing vocals even got a compliment (at least at most parts of those 2 songs).

So it´s 50:50 good and bad.

The resumé was that they´re not used to bass players with finger style (it seems that 90% of the bass players in punk and metal play with plektrum) and they don´t know if they like my sound or not. Failing at half of the songs made it even less sure. They told me that they´ll continue their auditions and my guitar player mate in that band will practice some stuff with me together. Lets hope I´ll get a second chance.

Even my mate couldn´t say after my audition how the other band members see my performance, if I´ve got a chance and so on. So i got quite a stressfull night with a big lack of sleep and a really exhausting day at work.

On 11.5.2016 at 11:45 PM, Jarric said:

Wow, sounds like you've done some pretty cool stuff @Schaengel.

Thanks, most of it indeed was cool...hope I get the chance for new cool stuff again soon! *fingers crossed*

19 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

The light bulb thing also works with lead guitar ;)

Challenge Updates:

Still no real fitness stuff going on. Back is getting better, but still not really good, knee either. Maybe I´ll adapt some stuff soon, because I don´t think this week will be my respawn into lifting, next week maybe and the week after I´ll be on mini vacation without the possibilty to do that much sport. Hmm, maybe I´ll need to do bodyweight stuff then...

Tracking and protein don´t work that well either at the moment, because lacking of "need". Yeah I know loosing bodyfat is all about diet, but without moving heavy iron stuff around, I´m just less motivated to stay on track.

The meditation and motivation part just got lost somewhere...

Bass Update:

I´m absolutely not satisfied with that! Regarding that I practiced 2 weeks for 4 songs it was just shit.

Misheard some chords at 2 songs, so I practiced wrong. So the first 2 songs we played together were pretty meh and I got out of my inner balance. The other 2 songs were much better, I prepared the right chords for it (yay...) and the backing vocals even got a compliment (at least at most parts of those 2 songs).

So it´s 50:50 good and bad.

The resumé was that they´re not used to bass players with finger style (it seems that 90% of the bass players in punk and metal play with plektrum) and they don´t know if they like my sound or not. Failing at half of the songs made it even less sure. They told me that they´ll continue their auditions and my guitar player mate in that band will practice some stuff with me together. Lets hope I´ll get a second chance.

Even my mate couldn´t say after my audition how the other band members see my performance, if I´ve got a chance and so on. So i got quite a stressfull night with a big lack of sleep and a really exhausting day at work.

Sounds like you need to do some restarting on that one :/

Maybee try to find some light things that you can do even though back andd knee are still protesting...Come on you can still own that Challenge!!

200.gif(and her is the challenge ;) )

Mishearing chords can happen. I think that your trying with your guitar mate is a good thing. don't let yourself get demotivated because it didn't worked the first time...things never do! try to keep your PMA!!

Speak to your doctor/physio if you can and discuss what strength work you can do at the moment. Frustrating I know but it's always better to be doing something.

And don't worry about the audition; at least you've still got a shot. And you won't get every gig you audition for anyway, so try and get some more lined up - perseverance is key!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Schaengel said:

Thanks, most of it indeed was cool...hope I get the chance for new cool stuff again soon! *fingers crossed*

Sounds like you need to do some restarting on that one :/

Maybee try to find some light things that you can do even though back andd knee are still protesting...Come on you can still own that Challenge!!

200.gif(and her is the challenge ;) )

Mishearing chords can happen. I think that your trying with your guitar mate is a good thing. don't let yourself get demotivated because it didn't worked the first time...things never do! try to keep your PMA!!

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

Speak to your doctor/physio if you can and discuss what strength work you can do at the moment. Frustrating I know but it's always better to be doing something.

And don't worry about the audition; at least you've still got a shot. And you won't get every gig you audition for anyway, so try and get some more lined up - perseverance is key!

Thx for the support guys, the demotivation debuff is fading slowly. Today is the first day again where I´m nearly pain free and I´ll give monday a try for lifting again. So long I´ll keep up being as active as possible and recover. Better some lifting than none ;)

• Like 2

Yesterday was a good day, though I´ve been pretty tired!

Spoiler

(Didn´t sleep well and much to short after my semi-failed audition on wednesday, thursday was songwriting day with my hobby-band and we waisted 3 hours for (close to) nothing. Our new singer didn´t know how to handle his recording program, the sound was sh!t, we all were un- to noncreative. After we made an end to this recording session I realized, that I´ll not be home before midnight and my alarm goes off at 5:30 AM...)

Was pretty active, tracked all my stuff and ate a biiiig load of brotein (grilled turkey with melted "Harzer Roller" and tasty hot spices, more than 200g brotein overall!!!). Soda bonus quest still failing to obvious reasons (need to get awake somehow, though it´s no substitution for sleep).

Social life will be rewarded today (didn´t visit my soon-to-be-bands concert yesterday because I need sleep) one of my co-workers celebrates her 30th birthday.

Big increase on the mirror image front!

Got a new haircut I really love and remembering a thing my osteopath said improved my battlestance in front of the mirror by far: she told me my hip was a bit leaned forward, so my back arches a bit to much. I took a look at the mirror and corrected it and suddenly I got the body of a nordic god!

Ok, that´s to much but by needing to flex more muscles to stand straight and the better stance, my body looks more awesome than ever! I add improving my hip position to my daily routines, when I´m at my doc next week I´ll ask how to improve my stance without concentrating on it. Till then I´ll concentrate on it when I remember it (and ladies are around ;) Squeezed glutes, flexed abs, straight alphamale stance... you´re welcome ^_^ )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Yesterday was a good day, though I´ve been pretty tired!

Hide contents

(Didn´t sleep well and much to short after my semi-failed audition on wednesday, thursday was songwriting day with my hobby-band and we waisted 3 hours for (close to) nothing. Our new singer didn´t know how to handle his recording program, the sound was sh!t, we all were un- to noncreative. After we made an end to this recording session I realized, that I´ll not be home before midnight and my alarm goes off at 5:30 AM...)

Was pretty active, tracked all my stuff and ate a biiiig load of brotein (grilled turkey with melted "Harzer Roller" and tasty hot spices, more than 200g brotein overall!!!). Soda bonus quest still failing to obvious reasons (need to get awake somehow, though it´s no substitution for sleep).

Social life will be rewarded today (didn´t visit my soon-to-be-bands concert yesterday because I need sleep) one of my co-workers celebrates her 30th birthday.

Big increase on the mirror image front!

Got a new haircut I really love and remembering a thing my osteopath said improved my battlestance in front of the mirror by far: she told me my hip was a bit leaned forward, so my back arches a bit to much. I took a look at the mirror and corrected it and suddenly I got the body of a nordic god!

Ok, that´s to much but by needing to flex more muscles to stand straight and the better stance, my body looks more awesome than ever! I add improving my hip position to my daily routines, when I´m at my doc next week I´ll ask how to improve my stance without concentrating on it. Till then I´ll concentrate on it when I remember it (and ladies are around ;) Squeezed glutes, flexed abs, straight alphamale stance... you´re welcome ^_^ )

150gr of Harzer Roller for dinner yesterday! Raw! (I'm a weirdo...)

It's amazing how much difference posture can make!

20 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

150gr of Harzer Roller for dinner yesterday! Raw! (I'm a weirdo...)

It's amazing how much difference posture can make!

Oh yeah, posture is quite the same like technique sometimes.

Try to melt it with lots of spicy stuff and meat in the pan, delicious!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Oh yeah, posture is quite the same like technique sometimes.

Try to melt it with lots of spicy stuff and meat in the pan, delicious!

I will definitely trying. I'm in the process of cleaning my kitchen so hopefully I'll be able to do it soon!

5 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I will definitely trying. I'm in the process of cleaning my kitchen so hopefully I'll be able to do it soon!

Does your new apartement have an oven? Did I already tell you about the Harzer Roller Chips? I just can´t remember...

Just now, BarbarianBassBro said:

Does your new apartement have an oven? Did I already tell you about the Harzer Roller Chips? I just can´t remember...

It does and you did! :D 

But I need to find the recipe again.

3 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

It does and you did! :D 

But I need to find the recipe again.

In short: thinn slices, placed besides each other, put with tasty spices like Chili in oven until melted and the cheese starts to blow a bubble. Yummy!

• Like 2

Tracked my stuff until my coworkers birthday party, where I crashed my calorieintake for sure! It was a really fun party with lots of new people and many of my coworkers, I relly regretted having early shift duty today. Slept way to less, slept bad, but I´m in a better shape than my coworker Andy who staid 2 hours longer at the party ;) 

Will take a look at my challenge goals this afternoon and write a new challenge for the second half of this run. My priorities changed, some goals feel useless at the moment while I should focus on other important things.

• Like 3

\m/ Time to finally be really awesome! \m/

(respawning challenge)

Okay guys and girls, it´s time for a big recap of the past weeks and my actual situation.

This is my third challenge at NF, some things went really good so far, some things totally didn´t. One example for the latter is this actual challenge on the basis of several reasons:

- back and sciatic nerve bitching around a lot, knees following because of wrong stance (FU pain!)

- as a result my gainz got wrecked, just as my motivation to eat good stuff, keep tracking calories constantly, focus on being awesome and successful in everything I do

- I´ve got the feeling this is more of a downwardspiral right now, than a motivation...

giphy.gif

Time for a respawn baby!

giphy.gif

I will head for challenge goals, that prepare myself for longterm issues but don´t stress me the F out. Slow and steady eliminates inner demons! (and A$§holes that get me of track...get your heads smashed suckers!)

giphy.gif

Challenge 1) Eat like the Mountain!

giphy.gif

Do you know anything besides nothing and how to please Ygritte?!

giphy.gif

It´s a freaking cellphone with Apps that can track your calories and macros!

giphy.gif

My goal still is to do the recomposition, so it´s 20% deficit and 2g Brotein per day!

giphy.gif

Ah and don´t get poisoned again by that Sodastuff! NO SODA! IIFYM is NO EXCUSE for this!

Just look what Gregor was done to fighting the Viper! Don´t poison yourself over time!!!

Challenge 2) Train to fight the Mountain

giphy.gif

I didn´t write "like the Mountain" for a reason. Being a muscular (non-roid) giant one day is a longterm-goal, but right now I just need to take care about my health. Visit professionals, look what my actually recovering back and knees say to some lifting, be an active adult guy. Until I´m not fully recovered and cleared for lifting heavy shit, I won´t try hard. Just some gym visits, long walks, cardio, core - you know there´s a lot of stuff to do for my health and getting that valyrian steel abs helps my battle stance, prevents back pain etc

200.gif

^

^

^

giphy.gif

Challenge 3) Slay your inner demons!

giphy.gif

There are parts of my adult life that suck, but most of them can be changed! For example bad habits:

Create a weekly householdschedule you stick to and add bonus adult stuff to it! (No! You dirty minds...)

Next weeks schedule will be the following:

Monday: Clean the bathroom and do 1 laundry (completely! not only washing and drying, iron too!)

Tuesday: Tidy up your apartement (especially the floor) and vacuum clean it

Wednesday: Clean the kitchen

Thorsday: Tidy up your desktop

Friday: Dustclean your apartement

Daily, Saturday and Sunday: Clean your dishes immediately, extra laundries and other stuff that needs to be done

Challenge 4) Love yourself!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Meditate daily, watch your stance, flex your muscles and compliment the guy in the mirror. He deserves it!

• Like 3