• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarbarianBassBro

\m/ Being more awesome and successfull \m/

16 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Your challenge is one that got dropped :(

THIS is so annoying. I lose thread off the ones I have posted in constantly. :( 

On 21.5.2016 at 11:50 PM, Jarric said:

Have fun on your trip; see you when you get back!

On 23.5.2016 at 7:34 AM, Pat G said:

SpecialSundae has THE advice BBBro. Enjoy your trip mate and we'll see you round the twist. 

On 25.5.2016 at 9:42 PM, miss_marissa said:

Your challenge is one that got dropped :(

On 26.5.2016 at 2:27 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

THIS is so annoying. I lose thread off the ones I have posted in constantly. :( 

On 26.5.2016 at 2:44 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

it's okay he's on holiday anyway! hope you're enjoying yourself, BBBro!

Thx a lot! The trip was fun but to some point really exhausting, I´ll write something on it later. Have to get some sleep now (6hours on the road and tomorrow is Roleplay Convention!)

• Like 3

giphy.gif

Enough time offline and off-challenge. RPC was just great fun! Played some Pen and Paper, ate half of the stuff at the medieval market and played some jugger (long video...TL;DW: it´s like football/rugby with gladiator weapons!)

Now I need to read stuff from NF written in about 10 days and do some research on 5/3/1 to build my new program. Time to fix stuff again :)

• Like 4

BBBro is pissed seriously...no, not pissed. More disappointed.

You remember me going for the vacant bass player spot at a semiprofessional band where a friend of mine is playing guitar at? Audition didn´t go as good as expected, but they wanted to see my (b)ass again later. My friend made a date with me for going through their songs, I went for vacation and asked yesterday if our date today evening is still on.

"What date? Did we already make one?" (Really mate? Yeah, the same evening the audition was. Nice you remember it...)

"Uhm sorry, no time this evening" (Awesome. Can you tell me at least which songs to learn now? Wanted to make a good impression by learning more stuff they want me too)

"It looks like we already decided. There´s been someone who left an impression instant. Humanly and regarding his play"

Wow. I didn´t think I´m preferred because a friend of mine is their guitar, but the way somebody I see as a friend of mine tells me and is "interested" in my spot at his band or better something I´m excited about is really disappointing! If they don´t see me being awesome, my friend should at least. Well, they don´t deserve me then B)

Started tracking today again, will work out this evening and do some adult stuff now (my desktop is overflowing with letters and other important things). I´ll be trying to establish a strongliftish routine now to get back to working out without exhausting my body too much:

All times 3x5 instead of 5x5, workout referring to this fitness site (scientific backgrounds, no bad brosciene bullshit)

Workout A)

Squats

Bench

T-Bar Rows (I don´t like the barbell rows somehow, no progression, bad technique; better save than sorry)

Dips

Face pulls

Planks and some cardio

Workout B)

Squats

OHP

Deadlifts (many warmup sets and 1x5)

Chin Ups

Cable External Rotations at 90°

Planks or Knee Raises and some cardio

1 hour ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

BBBro is pissed seriously...no, not pissed. More disappointed.

You remember me going for the vacant bass player spot at a semiprofessional band where a friend of mine is playing guitar at? Audition didn´t go as good as expected, but they wanted to see my (b)ass again later. My friend made a date with me for going through their songs, I went for vacation and asked yesterday if our date today evening is still on.

"What date? Did we already make one?" (Really mate? Yeah, the same evening the audition was. Nice you remember it...)

"Uhm sorry, no time this evening" (Awesome. Can you tell me at least which songs to learn now? Wanted to make a good impression by learning more stuff they want me too)

"It looks like we already decided. There´s been someone who left an impression instant. Humanly and regarding his play"

Wow. I didn´t think I´m preferred because a friend of mine is their guitar, but the way somebody I see as a friend of mine tells me and is "interested" in my spot at his band or better something I´m excited about is really disappointing! If they don´t see me being awesome, my friend should at least. Well, they don´t deserve me then B)

Started tracking today again, will work out this evening and do some adult stuff now (my desktop is overflowing with letters and other important things). I´ll be trying to establish a strongliftish routine now to get back to working out without exhausting my body too much:

All times 3x5 instead of 5x5, workout referring to this fitness site (scientific backgrounds, no bad brosciene bullshit)

Workout A)

Squats

Bench

T-Bar Rows (I don´t like the barbell rows somehow, no progression, bad technique; better save than sorry)

Dips

Face pulls

Planks and some cardio

Workout B)

Squats

OHP

Deadlifts (many warmup sets and 1x5)

Chin Ups

Cable External Rotations at 90°

Planks or Knee Raises and some cardio

Sorry to hear about the band :( their loss!!

That looks like a solid program tho!

• Like 1

i like workout B)

or do you mean just a plain old workout b )

program looks solid. Do you have shoulder issues? (just thinking about the cable external rotations)

7 hours ago, Pat G said:

i like workout B)

or do you mean just a plain old workout b )

program looks solid. Do you have shoulder issues? (just thinking about the cable external rotations)

It´s a typo. This has to be Workout Awesome and Workout B):D

The guys from that fitnesssite (link above) recommend it to prevent shoulder issues and train the back of the deltoideus, rotators, those muscles between the shoulder blades etc. I just don´t want to leave no weak spots (especially for my stance overall) anymore, that´s why I´m adding core too. Cardio is because the Mountain does Cardio too^^

Today seems to be weirdo day at the gym: the usual "swing with your back to do bro hammer curls"-guys, the ladylike boy that does butterfly with legs crossed (with hands on knees while break; #likealady) and last but best the guy in his late 60th, that dances a waltz with two dumbbells in hand :D

Workout Awesome with my new workout shirt:

sticker,375x360.png

Squats

Warmup with empty bar, 20 kg, 30kg

3x5 with 37,5kg (easy with an aha-moment regarding technique)

Bench

Warmup with empty bar, 20kg

3x5 with 40kg (need to improve gripwides here)

T-Bar Rows

Warmup with 20kg, 30kg, 30kg

3x5 with 35kg

Dips

12,8,8 reps (still shaky)

Facepulls

15x15kg,15x20kg,10x25kg

Cable Crunches

10x25kg, 3 sets

10mins Cardio (planned 20mins, but running in lifting shoes is no fun. ripped some skin at my ankle off, so I stopped)

• Like 6

The Mountain's cardio is simply chasing his miniature dog around... And farmers walks. and lifting all of the food up to his face. 

So my suggestion is, get a tiny dog. 

We have a board at work for Ahah! moments. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sounds like you had a great workout, glad you've found a new plan :)

11 hours ago, Pat G said:

The Mountain's cardio is simply chasing his miniature dog around... And farmers walks. and lifting all of the food up to his face. 

So my suggestion is, get a tiny dog. 

We have a board at work for Ahah! moments. 

It was indeed and I love going back to stronglifts at least somehow. Looking back now I think maybe some technique fails put too much pressure on my knees and back, so slowing down and watch out even more prevents stuff like that.

I would prefer doing farmers walks and eating instead of getting  a paris hilton tribute rat to chase and then carry all time.

• Like 1

Challenge Overview:

Well, there´ve been quite some ups and downs, but the important part is that I´m still here! Tracking or at least have an overview of my eating habits is established right now, which is awesome. The adult things aren´t habits at all and the excuses endless.

This week is still vacation for me and now that I´m trying to recap my challenge I see how much I didn´t care about, how often I forgot to measure my goals or even forgetting them completely. Oh man, this has to be changed!

When I´m through with my brainstorming, I´ll set up my next challenge. This time with schedule, better messurements and at least as many gif´s as the last challenges :)

• Like 5

Is there a direct correlation between number of GIFs and the results of the challenge? someone should get a phd candidacy by studying this. 

You lived life, lifted things, played bass, went to ireland, sounds like a good few weeks of mining, keep at it to hit the gold. 

48 minutes ago, Pat G said:

Is there a direct correlation between number of GIFs and the results of the challenge? someone should get a phd candidacy by studying this. 

You lived life, lifted things, played bass, went to ireland, sounds like a good few weeks of mining, keep at it to hit the gold. 

There is for sure! The more awesome you create your challenge, the more followers to cheer on you!

Agreeing on everything except ireland ;) Northern germany :P

New challenge is up!

• Like 2