• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stepping_out

[] turns into a prepper

Another training session at the new gym, it's soooooo different to training alone, I'm loving it! Everyone is super friendly and you get spotted by some top people! Apparently on Saturdays, they have deadlift parties :D 

I did scrape my back pretty badly on the bar on Monday so today whimped out and used the smooth one. Hope this heals up quickly, anyone here have squat scars?? Is this normal??

Post workout lunchies, salad with steak, sprouted grain bread and avocado.

sD1JyZGm.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, evabo said:

Another training session at the new gym, it's soooooo different to training alone, I'm loving it! Everyone is super friendly and you get spotted by some top people! Apparently on Saturdays, they have deadlift parties :D 

I did scrape my back pretty badly on the bar on Monday so today whimped out and used the smooth one. Hope this heals up quickly, anyone here have squat scars?? Is this normal??

Post workout lunchies, salad with steak, sprouted grain bread and avocado.

sD1JyZGm.jpg

I love everything about this except for the squat scars! I always wear a full t-shirt (no tank tops) when I squat to avoid any issues. Not sure if other people get squat scars. 

DEADLIFT PARTIES! I want someone to host and invite me to a deadlift party. That seriously sounds like the best kind of party. As long as we can IIFYM (if it fits in yo mouf) after the lifting part!

That salad is on point and seriously makes me reconsider the unhealthy dinner I was considering. ;) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I love everything about this except for the squat scars! I always wear a full t-shirt (no tank tops) when I squat to avoid any issues. Not sure if other people get squat scars. 

DEADLIFT PARTIES! I want someone to host and invite me to a deadlift party. That seriously sounds like the best kind of party. As long as we can IIFYM (if it fits in yo mouf) after the lifting part!

That salad is on point and seriously makes me reconsider the unhealthy dinner I was considering.  

uploadfromtaptalk1464303546471.jpgI wear a T-shirt, I may be doing something wrong. it's only the left side as well, I must be seriously lopsided!! (Please excuse lack of filter!)

on mobile

Edited by evabo
Resized that image to enhance visual appeal of my thread.
  • Like 1

Owie!! I only wear a tshirt when I squat, too. And I'm not lifting heavy. But I saw a girl at my gym use this foam roll around the bar. Could that help, you think? Or would it throw off the weight, being squishy and all?

Before I found the low bar love, I used to get bruises along the bar line of high bar loading. Saw the light and have never looked back........

Clavicles got a bit of colour too, when learning position for front squat. 

Maybe I should just blame my old frail skin or my medications for bruising like an avadado when lifting! :D

• Like 1

Owie!! I only wear a tshirt when I squat, too. And I'm not lifting heavy. But I saw a girl at my gym use this foam roll around the bar. Could that help, you think? Or would it throw off the weight, being squishy and all?

I've never tried it, mostly because you can't use it in comp anyway. Think I'll just try to get this scarred up quickly, how hardcore am I!! lol

on mobile

• Like 2

The foam pad is pretty bad for throwing off balance anyway. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole or recommend anyone else did. They're good for hip thrusts but not much else.

Proper powerlifting bars can be vicious in their gnurling and it's not uncommon for some people to rip up their upper back up a bit with a good bar, especially when the weight is heavy. Nothing wrong with using the smoother bars most of the time for squats and only hitting the vicious ones for heavy singles in comp prep. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Nothing wrong with using the smoother bars most of the time for squats and only hitting the vicious ones for heavy singles in comp prep. 

I'm totally going to use this next time people tell me I'm a whimp, "Well, SS said it is totally okay to use the smooth bar!"  :D:D:D  Always nice to be able to quote an international competitor on those things.

• Like 1

I'm totally going to use this next time people tell me I'm a whimp, "Well, SS said it is totally okay to use the smooth bar!"    Always nice to be able to quote an international competitor on those things.

You've got far superior lifters lifting with you!

The other side is to use the evil bar as much as possible until you're toughened up to it.

It's not Monday, but it feels like Monday! That makes it update time.

Training: Doing it. The deadlift party on Saturday completely killed my hammies, it felt great in the moment but afterwards, they got so tight I could hardly walk for two days and still can only touch my toes if I warm up gradually! Guess that means it was effective? Still finding my feet at the new gym, I'm not great with new situations when I don't know what the rules are and I'm always worried I'm doing something wrong or offending someone. But really enjoying being around so many lifters.

Diet: Doing it when I'm at home, but otherwise I'm back to my vegetable strategy for the moment. It just takes too much planning and lugging around food containers when we're going back and forth between the old and new house all the time.

SO: Still alive.

• Like 1

It definitely is Monday!!!

Diet has been abandoned, I'm just going to stay in my weight class and enjoy the ride. Love da food too much!!! Although I still do do (ha, ha) RP meals when I'm at home because they're satisfying and make me feel strong.

Training: Going pretty well. Deadlift PB this Sunday after I let it slip that I hadn't tried to max out in a while (shoulder pain), and the coach said "welllll, let's have a little play" :D  Feeling good about July comp, just need to keep the nerves in check on squats and there might be a PB in the cards (or three).

Have not killed my partner (but of course I'd say that!!!). We've figured out how to work together when painting rooms and have been making very good progress on the house. Moving van booked for the weekend :disillusionment::eek-new::nightmare:  Apprehensive about that, I'm really going to miss the old place and the proximity to funky London stuff I never do anyway!!! Ahhh!!!

Anyhow, I'm gonna give myself some slack on this challenge because there has been a lot going on. Much has been achieved work-wise, even if it wasn't what I planned. Lifting tomorrow, had a big burger meal and wine to go with it tonight, so that should be... interesting ;-)

• Like 5

Yay for Deadlift PBs and not killing your partner! if you achieve nothing else in one month, those two things are a success. ;) 

• Like 4