• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stepping_out

[] turns into a prepper

On 06/05/2016 at 0:44 AM, ~RedStone~ said:

The meal plan looks freakin awesome! :angel:

It's pretty nice! You can be really creative with it :chuncky:

Zero week wrap-up:

Kinda sorta did the challenge stuff, but there were a lot of exceptional circumstances, meals out, changes to training schedule etc. I did meal prep that time and that worked really well. Then of course I totally didn't batch cook yesterday, because I "ran" a half marathon (I mostly walked it because I was worried about my next squat workout, plus I got a weird cramp in my ankle of all places) and then I was tired. But, I'll do that tomorrow.

When I'm sticking to the food plan, I'm enjoying it, so I will continue for the duration of this challenge. There will be exceptions, like next Wednesday (sake tasting!), next Sunday (fancy lunch), the Wednesday after (Pinot Noir tasting!) etc., but OTHER THAN THAT I'll totally do the programme.

I realised I haven't started on the mobility stuff at all, so that needs to change stat. I think I'll do the romwod trial week this week to see what that's all about. And yes, I'm basically just copying the weightlifters on instagram at this point!!!

Righto, Monday, do your worst.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, evabo said:

When I'm sticking to the food plan, I'm enjoying it, so I will continue for the duration of this challenge. There will be exceptions, like next Wednesday (sake tasting!), next Sunday (fancy lunch), the Wednesday after (Pinot Noir tasting!) etc., but OTHER THAN THAT I'll totally do the programme.

I like this idea of noting in advance which days are going to deviate from the plan. I might have to steal this from you. I'm trying to think what method I would use to track this so that way I can compensate and maybe eat less for a couple of days ahead of time, or plan extra walks/light cardio around times of high eating. Thoughts?

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I like this idea of noting in advance which days are going to deviate from the plan. I might have to steal this from you. I'm trying to think what method I would use to track this so that way I can compensate and maybe eat less for a couple of days ahead of time, or plan extra walks/light cardio around times of high eating. Thoughts?

I get super cranky when I'm hungry, and when I deprive myself for too long, I tend to go over the top. What's working for me right now is to be more mindful on the day. So maybe I'll try to have my workout just before a nice meal out and have my extra "workout carbs" as part of that meal. But for my other meals, I just eat normally. That way, I'm not starved going into the event, and it's a little bit easier to eat sensible amounts. I might skip breakfast the next day if I'm still full, but I won't force it. I also don't like the idea of "exercise as punishment for eating", so walking it off etc. isn't something I want to do. But what does work for me is to think of a big meal as fuel for a big workout, it gives me that extra bit of confidence to push myself. Reckon it's very individual, depends what works for you, really! (Not sure this is very helpful!)

• Like 6

Pretty excellent day today. Productive at work, food on point. Brought a huge bowl of lettuce, tuna and kippers with black beans in, and had that for my two meals. Then off to training and managed some pretty decent squats (4 sets of 112.5x6). My coach happened to be at the gym and said my depth was good and very consistent. I've been very insecure about my depth lately, so this is good news. Now to keep that for the heavier weights... Decided to skip deadlifts because I don't like them and they stress me out, and I have enough stress this week! Home to a dinner of chicken curry and rice with lettuce. Just need to hang in there until tomorrow, when we'll hopefully get keys to our house!!!

Edit: Forgot to report that I also did the first romwod, it's basically yin yoga. Feels pretty terrible in the moment, but I'm sure it's excellent for me!

Edited by evabo
  • Like 4

I'm a bit late to the party, but I can't say enough good things about RP. I've been using their templates for the past 15 months and have shed 6.7kg (about 15lbs down).  The templates make everything easy for you to follow - they really did take all the guesswork out of it. Happy to answer questions anyone may have! 

13 hours ago, evabo said:

Edit: Forgot to report that I also did the first romwod, it's basically yin yoga. Feels pretty terrible in the moment, but I'm sure it's excellent for me!

I love romwod! I haven't been consistent lately, I need to fix that, especially as I'm preparing for a meet soon.

• Like 3

So we bought a house today! Whaaaaaaaaat. It feels a bit like when I (finally) got my drivers licence and we rented a car to drive around Amercia, that "I can't believe they're letting me do this! This is so irresponsible!" feeling. Guess we're proper adults now. Also did my romwod, I'm doing the intro series which is doable. Think I'll start doing it in the morning because it can double up as meditation. Need all the zen I can get right now!!! I'm sure there was other stuff but that's the highlight reel.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Heather D. said:

I'm a bit late to the party, but I can't say enough good things about RP. I've been using their templates for the past 15 months and have shed 6.7kg (about 15lbs down).  The templates make everything easy for you to follow - they really did take all the guesswork out of it. Happy to answer questions anyone may have! 

I love romwod! I haven't been consistent lately, I need to fix that, especially as I'm preparing for a meet soon.

Hi! Me. I have so many questions. I will PM you.

1 hour ago, evabo said:

So we bought a house today! Whaaaaaaaaat. It feels a bit like when I (finally) got my drivers licence and we rented a car to drive around Amercia, that "I can't believe they're letting me do this! This is so irresponsible!" feeling. Guess we're proper adults now. Also did my romwod, I'm doing the intro series which is doable. Think I'll start doing it in the morning because it can double up as meditation. Need all the zen I can get right now!!! I'm sure there was other stuff but that's the highlight reel.

CONGRATS!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!

• Like 2

On 12/05/2016 at 4:15 AM, kwesadilo said:

I gotta get on this get stronger while losing weight train. I've gotten a little soft around the middle.

Well, I don't have the losing weight part down just yet, however, I'm definitely getting stronger! 150kg squat today (knee sleeves & belt). Just ecstatic. Don't even care that the week was a bit of a shambles otherwise.

1) I didn't do the training. Last Sunday, I did a half marathon. I didn't run it, I jogged for a bit then mostly walked because a) I got a weird cramp from my ankle all the way up my leg that scared me and b ) I didn't want to be tired for squats on Monday. I did the squats that were programmed the day after, but skipped the deadlifts. Then I basically stopped training until just now. I DID do some mobility stuff, am at day 4 out of 5 of the romwod intro series. Will do day 5 in a bit. Really good stuff, very accessible and I'm already feeling more "flexy".

2) We spent two hours yesterday picking a colour for the new kitchen. I think it was worth it, though:

ywgOOoym.jpg

Not too much fighting, I think we're getting better at saying what's annoying us in the moment instead of freaking out. We'll have to compromise a lot because our tastes are very different, but at least we've found a couch we both like, and we're really getting into the colour stuff. Next stop: colour scheme for living room!

3) Predictably, I didn't stick to the eating plan. However, when we were having pizza and stuff (okay, just pizza, every time), I only ate until I was satisfied and left the rest. And when I was able to, I had my on-plan meals. I'm getting better at putting these together on the fly. I had some protein portions weighted out in the fridge, but then didn't get around to eating them and they went bad! Pretty sure that's not how you're supposed to meal prep!

Anyway, bit of a mixed bag this week, but overall, I'm just happy we finally have the house and can get to work. And obviously pleased with lifting progress. Food will go better next week. Now: nap time!

• Like 3

Went and helped out at a Fun Run on the weekend, now I'm not sure who coined the phrase "Fun Run" but it should have been crazy people run. Marathons, those people are certifiable! ;)

150kg squat! Legend!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Went and helped out at a Fun Run on the weekend

Thank you for doing that! I don't think people supporting these types of get enough credit, none of it could happen without you! Especially the medics. It was really hot last Sunday, I saw a lot of people collapsed by the side of the road.

• Like 3

On 5/15/2016 at 0:36 PM, evabo said:

Well, I don't have the losing weight part down just yet, however, I'm definitely getting stronger! 150kg squat today (knee sleeves & belt). Just ecstatic. Don't even care that the week was a bit of a shambles otherwise.

1) I didn't do the training. Last Sunday, I did a half marathon. I didn't run it, I jogged for a bit then mostly walked because a) I got a weird cramp from my ankle all the way up my leg that scared me and b ) I didn't want to be tired for squats on Monday. I did the squats that were programmed the day after, but skipped the deadlifts. Then I basically stopped training until just now. I DID do some mobility stuff, am at day 4 out of 5 of the romwod intro series. Will do day 5 in a bit. Really good stuff, very accessible and I'm already feeling more "flexy".

Nice job squatting! I love it when a plan comes together.

How much do you run on a regular basis? I jogged a mile yesterday after not having run since December, and I think it affected my squats today. I think if I had jogged then mostly walked a half marathon, I'd be done for the week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kwesadilo said:

How much do you run on a regular basis? I jogged a mile yesterday after not having run since December, and I think it affected my squats today. I think if I had jogged then mostly walked a half marathon, I'd be done for the week.

I used to run a lot more than I do now. Last April, I ran the London marathon, and kind of lost interest after that. I did a few half marathons in the fall (one was three on three consecutive days, but on trails, that was the most fun I've ever had running!), then pretty much stopped and focussed on lifting. I think I had a little run on Christmas day, then maybe 2 runs with the club, and 3 with my ladies' running group, total maybe 12 miles? I guess I mean to say, I don't really run anymore! But I guess I must have retained some level of fitness. Have always had more endurance than power, and I do try to walk some.

• Like 1

So this challenge is not going well. Who's surprised!!

I think I'm going to downgrade to:

• Do the training. I haven't done any training since Sunday, in part because of gym access, in part because of laziness, and in part because I'm not keen on the programme. I will do the training.
  • Do the diet. Like, actually do it. It's not that hard.
  • Don't kill your SO. That's all I can promise right now. Not his fault, either.

Feeling stretched at the moment, especially at work, but the good news is that people are receptive to the message and trying to work things out with me. My SO has had to put up with a lot of BS from me lately, so I'm trying to be less stressed out. I HAVE been doing the romwod pretty regularly, and finding that quite beneficial in terms of mindset as well as flexiness. Now to get my behind back to the gym, and all will be grand.

WAAAHHHH!!!!

You are doing the whole house thing, which can be incredibly stressful. I don't think any of us fault you for needing to scale back a bit to take care of yourself.

self care>>>> PRS, strict dieting, stress, etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

WAAAHHHH!!!!

You are doing the whole house thing, which can be incredibly stressful. I don't think any of us fault you for needing to scale back a bit to take care of yourself.

self care>>>> PRS, strict dieting, stress, etc.

Thanks dude, you're right. Finding it hard to really make that mental switch, though.

12 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Don't stress about it. There's a lot going on. 

Might be worth just doing a social training session to keep you from killing the other half, though.

Thinking I might try out the gym across the road from the new place as a treat today. One of the reasons why I really wanted the place, had a little tour and for a commercial gym, the equipment is pretty decent :D

On the plus side (kind of), I stepped on the scales today (which I rarely do because reasons) and I'm actually down after not paying much attention to diet over the past week. Of course, panic mode set in and I thought "That's all muscle!" But it's probably just down to less water retention from not training. I may have signed up to the comp in July for a lower weight class. I wasn't going to compete there at all, then got major fomo and thought, this is a great time in my life to try and lose a ton of weight in a high stakes situation! Reckon I can always drop out if I need to, but if I do make it, I could qualify for Nationals in a less competitive weight class. Worth the "risk". Ramble ramble, off to paint ma house!

10 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

-84 may be more competitive this year if Sheri and Wendy turn up. Grrr! Stoopid strong new people!

Hehe yes, darn those massive deadlifts! At least I wouldn't be AS far behind total-wise, I hope. Not expecting to place in either category (unless only 3 people show up!). It's funny how in powerlifting, sometimes it's more about who isn't there to compete!

• Like 1

Feeling muchhhhh better about things today for various reasons:

• Big stressful work thing out of the way, hoorah!
  • Went lifting!
  • Not only went lifting, but joined a new club, and it was just very different lifting with other people who are serious and don't mind spotting you, and actually know how to do it and not just take the bar off you for no reason like they did at my old gym.
  • Things are really good with my SO, despite all the stress, and we're having a great time picking out colours for the house. It'll be... colourful!
  • Back on my diet game, see below for post workout feast! Egg white omelette with mushrooms, hidden by a pile of green beans, linseed bread and avocado. Boom.

RjmYi3am.jpg

Now to keep the momentum going.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, evabo said:

Feeling muchhhhh better about things today for various reasons:

• Big stressful work thing out of the way, hoorah!
  • Went lifting!
  • Not only went lifting, but joined a new club, and it was just very different lifting with other people who are serious and don't mind spotting you, and actually know how to do it and not just take the bar off you for no reason like they did at my old gym.
  • Things are really good with my SO, despite all the stress, and we're having a great time picking out colours for the house. It'll be... colourful!
  • Back on my diet game, see below for post workout feast! Egg white omelette with mushrooms, hidden by a pile of green beans, linseed bread and avocado. Boom.

RjmYi3am.jpg

Now to keep the momentum going.

'Tis an awesome club with a heck of a lot of history! :D

That looks pretty epic too!

• Like 2