penny-dreadful-season-2-logo-poster-wide

Welcome back! 

I have been watching this show Penny Dreadful and it has inspired me to do a horror themed challenge.

I am going to theme each week after a different classic monster. I think it will be fun to read into and play with each 

classic creature (not to mention keep the ADHD happy with changing every week). So here are the bare bones of what I

plan on doing:

latest?cb=20090727194904

2X a week

Current workout weights:

• DB deadlift 3x10.               150#(75# DB each hand) 

• Alt DB curl 3x10                40# DB 

• Skull crusher 3x12            75# DB 

• 1 arm rows 3x10                55# DB 

• DB bench 3x10                  50#DB each hand

I plan on increasing these weights by the end of the month (safely)

tumblr_mzjtneANk21t1ybuvo1_500.gif

1X a week

Again I am going to stick with the Turbulence 500 routine because it is a good supplement for the muscles I miss during my

lifting sessions. I am going to allow for 1 gym day to be replaced with one 500 day a week.

• 50 Prisoner Squats

• 50 Pushups

• 25 Jumps

• 25 Stability Ball Leg Curls

• 50 Stability Ball Jackknifes

• 50 Step-ups (25 reps per side)

• 25 Pull-ups

• 50 Forward Lunges (25 reps per side)

• 50 Close-grip Pushups

• 50 Inverted Rows

• 50 Squats

• 25 Chin-ups

Language:

F3.gif

Well my Spanish and Sign Language(ASL) learning has been half-ass'd at best so I am going to go for 5X a week with at least 20 mins of practice a day.

I am going to alternate weeks between Spanish and Sign Language to keep it fresh.

Ways that I will be practicing:

Spanish telenovella method and movies

Sign Language cards and videos

Practice with family Spanish and Sign Language

Read one classic horror book a week:

I have been a little slacking lately and I would like to read one classic book a week that coincides with the theme of the week.

O_Gif-Nosferatu_B4.gif

Minis:

99d40d06577100955a23fb3bfe989001.jpg

I am also apart of Wolf's and Rurik's minis so that will add a lil extra fun each week

Wolf : El Tiburon

BenicioDelToroSavages.jpg

One of the bosses of the Cartel 

Rurik: 

Character Name: Volki

Rurik's Roughnecks or Big Bad: Roughnecks!

Class Role: Engineer\Demolitions expert

Appearance: 6ft 200lb Mohawk covered in tattoos

6de76020db4bf756c6fa571f95eb1a66.jpg

Weapons & Inventory: Explosives of every shape and size. Proficient with a shotgun and loves knives 

Background: Missing more than a few screws in his sanity (most likely knocked loose from failed explosives experiments) He has what some would say a "twisted" sense of humor but he is well meaning and loyal. His low brow sense of humor and questionable moral compass are balanced by the fact that he has a PhD in Explosive Engineering. He is an ex-bad guy and came over to the Roughnecks after he was betrayed. He is along for the ride and will do what it takes to see the OpFor turned to ash.

• Like 6

Hell yeah! The set up looks even cooler than I thought! You know I'm a huge fan of the werewolf so I'm excited for that :)

tumblr_nbg1s9vee11tsxieqo1_500.gif

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Hell yeah! The set up looks even cooler than I thought! You know I'm a huge fan of the werewolf so I'm excited for that :)

tumblr_nbg1s9vee11tsxieqo1_500.gif

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'll basically be doing 4 challenges in 1 lol

Me too I love werewolves and feel they never get enough attention outside of being in vampire movies. I love the Underworld werewolves more than the wolf man ones but any of them are cool.

Thanks for the follow

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sea Level said:

Sweet. Do you have particular books in mind that you'd like to read?

tumblr_ltfrqpEUJi1qdd44xo1_500.gif

umm I am still looking into which ones but the ones I like right now are:

The Werewolf of Paris 1933 by Guy Endore

Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly

Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Terra said:

following...

Thank you!

5 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Following along :D

...looks like I've just found myself another show to watch as well!

Yes It is pretty good, I just finished the first season last night

5 hours ago, mr_willes said:

This challenge i have to make that Turbulence 500 work, last time i got stuck at the last part. But i have been doing my chinups like a good boy, so...

Lol keep going! yeah the 500 is definitely an ass kicking!

5 minutes ago, Agnarr said:

Following! I really like the theme you chose for this challenge.

PS: I can't believe "Telenovela Method" is actually a thing... wait, actually, now that I think about it, thats how I learned to speak english :P 

Thanks :D Yeah I like watching Spanish movies and listening to Spanish music already so I might as well learn the words. Actually that's how my wife learned English as well lol

The trick is picking which Spanish dialect and accent I want to shoot for, I have heard to go for Columbian accent because its very easy to understand while you are learning and the accent isn't so strong. My wife has a mix between Castellano (con el "the") and Mexican(Guadalajara) because of her parents. I am stuck in the "I understand alot, but I can't speak it that well" phase.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, VolkiSevro said:

Thank you!

Yes It is pretty good, I just finished the first season last night

Lol keep going! yeah the 500 is definitely an ass kicking!

Thanks :D Yeah I like watching Spanish movies and listening to Spanish music already so I might as well learn the words. Actually that's how my wife learned English as well lol

The trick is picking which Spanish dialect and accent I want to shoot for, I have heard to go for Columbian accent because its very easy to understand while you are learning and the accent isn't so strong. My wife has a mix between Castellano (con el "the") and Mexican(Guadalajara) because of her parents. I am stuck in the "I understand alot, but I can't speak it that well" phase.

Dude, you're in Austin. Go for "educated Tex-Mex" where your pronunciation sounds local but you use proper grammar.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

28 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dude, you're in Austin. Go for "educated Tex-Mex" where your pronunciation sounds local but you use proper grammar.

Very true, I just need to get over being scared of speaking horribly to other people in Spanish

I can get by with writing and listening but when I have to speak my vocab goes out the window

• Like 2

*Finds your thread* *Sets up camp* *Rougarou noises*

Heyoo, another student of Spanish and Sign Language! Have you tried Duolingo for the Spanish? It's pretty good for vocabulary, although other sources are probably somewhat better for grammar.

Following!

• Like 2

Matthew 25:34-40

58 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

*Finds your thread* *Sets up camp* *Rougarou noises*

Heyoo, another student of Spanish and Sign Language! Have you tried Duolingo for the Spanish? It's pretty good for vocabulary, although other sources are probably somewhat better for grammar.

Following!

Thanks :) yes I have Duolingo for Spanish on my phone and I will most likely be catching back up on that as well as the music and movies. I wish there was one for ASL that would use your camera and you could practice the signs.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, VolkiSevro said:

Thanks :) yes I have Duolingo for Spanish on my phone and I will most likely be catching back up on that as well as the music and movies. I wish there was one for ASL that would use your camera and you could practice the signs.

Same here, I've been trying to find something like that which will help me learn BSL, but haven't come up with anything so far.

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

3 hours ago, VolkiSevro said:

Very true, I just need to get over being scared of speaking horribly to other people in Spanish

I can get by with writing and listening but when I have to speak my vocab goes out the window

People are generally so grateful you are trying to Speak Spanish they will praise you for trying to learn rather than criticize you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Same here, I've been trying to find something like that which will help me learn BSL, but haven't come up with anything so far.

Yeah the only thing I have seen is italki.com but I am pretty sure it is a paid service. Basically for something like this I would have to find someone to practice with via Skype.

This is where I read about it:

http://www.fluentin3months.com/italki-review/

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

People are generally so grateful you are trying to Speak Spanish they will praise you for trying to learn rather than criticize you.

Yeah honestly I just need to buckle down and go for it because we both know that learning Spanish is a MUST in TX.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, VolkiSevro said:

I love their set-up :D Music and movies sound like a great approach, too, as well as good way of expanding horizons. I haven't heard of one for ASL where you use your camera (that sounds amazing, though, somebody needs to make it a thing) but there is this. Not sure if it's very good as I've only just begun looking at it, myself, but it looks promising.

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

5 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

I love their set-up :D Music and movies sound like a great approach, too, as well as good way of expanding horizons. I haven't heard of one for ASL where you use your camera (that sounds amazing, though, somebody needs to make it a thing) but there is this. Not sure if it's very good as I've only just begun looking at it, myself, but it looks promising.

Thanks! I will definitely check it out more later but so far it looks cool. I might add it in the mix to help :)