• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM continues

Week 3 summary:

Quest 1

*within 12,600 for the third week (1800/day) hahahahahahaha… at least it was my planned higher calorie week

*cook all breakfasts and at least one lunch or dinner meal at home each weekend. 4/8 breakfast and 3/4 other meal cooked.

*take measurements and progress photos for challenge end laterz

Quest 2

*complete 5 lifting sessions per week Check!

Quest 3

*foam rolling or mobility per week 24/30, going to try to make this up in week 4.

*complete four yoga sessions throughout the challenge 3/4

*complete 3 cardio sessions throughout the challenge. 3/3

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Booooyah workouts. I'm glad the festival turned out to be a good timeeee. You guys looked like you had a blast. :D

yup! plus that area has so many fun things. we loved the market and were able to stop in at one of our fav restaurants while we were around!

W4D1 – Monday

woke up way too early, started cleaning up around the house. it was pouring out so I made some coffee and sat for a bit. made the weekly egg casserole and some breakfast with the extra meat. had a tiny slider, a tiny bit of chive cheese curds, avocado, and broccoli. got some laundry going and then the SO wanted to take a nap. I’m not usually a nap person but I conked out for 1.5 hrs. luckily I woke up at noon (the gym closed at 1pm yesterday) and ran around to get myself there with enough time to do something.

windmills and plate raises for warmup

OHP

5x30#

5x45#

5x55#

7x60#

bent over row with barbell

11x60#

12x60#

11x60#

incline pushups on bench

3x12

goblet squats

20x35#

had some tuna and pickles on lettuce wraps for lunch. did a bit of shopping or really just looking around. then ordered some thai for dinner and finished agents of shield. it was a really nice laid back day.

*lifting 1/5

*breakfast 5/8

*lunch or dinner 4/4

*cals 1,644/11,200

CHO/FAT/PRO = 176/73/86

• Like 1

You did get in workouts on Friday AND Saturday, so give yourself some credit. And I'm quite confident that your festival eats were still well within reason in comparison to my eating this past weekend. I'm amazed you managed the portions to keep Saturday under 2500. Well done!

Great way to kick off week 4, you're gonna have a fabulous week. I'm sure the food and fun will fuel some great lifts. 

9 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

You did get in workouts on Friday AND Saturday, so give yourself some credit. And I'm quite confident that your festival eats were still well within reason in comparison to my eating this past weekend. I'm amazed you managed the portions to keep Saturday under 2500. Well done!

Great way to kick off week 4, you're gonna have a fabulous week. I'm sure the food and fun will fuel some great lifts. 

thanks :) you nerds always help put it into perspective for me! i was a little surprised that i was below 2500 for those days as well since that includes my beer consumption! so many grapefruit IPAs

yes! i did sleep in this morning but i definitely needed it. wed-fri morning workouts will be close to my 3RMs!

• Like 3

W4D2 – Tuesday

throughout work day, all for 1min:

3 planks

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

left work early to go to the dentist. blech. went home & did a bunch of mobility stuff. made dinner – baked chicken and broccoli – and watched the series finale of castle. kind of lame.

*lifting 1/5

*mobility 15/30

*cals 1,602 (3,246/11,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 68/72/173

I guess after the weekend I had, I was all done with carbs.

• Like 3

W4D3 – Wednesday

straight leg walks and spidermans for warmup

goblets

5x50#

5x65#

front squats

3x85#

3x100#

4x115#

BSS

3x6x65#

lying leg raises

3x7x8#

front and side planks

40s each

3 planks

wall sit

boat pose

chair pose

lunges @ 1min each

got in another big batch of mobility last night. want to be able to make up for last week and fit in yoga tomorrow night. I made a kitchen sink dinner of hot Italian sausage, zucchini, onions/garlic, and … baked beans… it was actually really good!

*lifting 2/5

*mobility 30/30

*cals 1,603 (4,849/11,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 84/80/141

• Like 2

21 hours ago, raptron said:

Hahah, hooray for surprisingly successful kitchen sink dinners.

right?! whould've thunk?

20 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Those BSS tho. I am impressed by anyone who can do them...

thanks! i took my reps way down since the most recent time i tried 65#. it just gets so tiring having to do each leg! if i could back squat properly i probably wouldn't do them at all.

W4D4 – Thursday

windmills 5x8#; 5x5#

L rotations 10x5# in each hand

bench

8x45#

3x60#

3x70#

5x80#

5x70#

5x70#

underhand lat pulldown

5x60#

10x100#

10x100#

9x100#

bench dips with feet on 3 steps

3x7

goblet squats

20x35#

3 planks

wall sit

child’s pose

chair pose

went home and cooked up some sweet asian shredded chicken in the pressure cooker alongside some roasted brussels. noms. got some mobility in to finish out the week and also did some laundry.

*lifting 3/5

*mobility 38/30 – to make up for last week :D

*cals 1,613 (6,462/11,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 122/60/164

I was feeling pretty sick-ish this morning and skipped the gym but didn’t go back to bed. shark attack. made some coffee and finished a grimm episode while walking in place. feeling super bloated right now and wish I had done some cardio to make me feel better. might replace yoga with that tonight. goals be damned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

right?! whould've thunk?

thanks! i took my reps way down since the most recent time i tried 65#. it just gets so tiring having to do each leg! if i could back squat properly i probably wouldn't do them at all.

Nahhh! I keep them in the rotation because they get the booty so good. They are so tiring though, ugh! My grip also starts to give out by the last few reps on the second leg. 

And feeling better = best priority. Get some yoga in. It'll be really nice. Stupid sharks! 

Nahhh! I keep them in the rotation because they get the booty so good. They are so tiring though, ugh! My grip also starts to give out by the last few reps on the second leg. 

And feeling better = best priority. Get some yoga in. It'll be really nice. Stupid sharks! 

Truuuuue I don't hate what they do for my bootay at 65# I'm using a barbell so grip doesn't tire for those!

I did not yoga or do anything remotely exercisey after work. But i skipped the office cake and had an office beer haha! It helps the sharks. Still around 1610 cals for the day. Full update laterzzzz now time for SPARTAN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W4D5 – Friday

no lifting due to sickies.

3 planks

alternating bent knee raises (~70 taps) x2

wall sit

boat pose

lunges @ 1min each

*cals 1,610 (8,072/11,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 130/55/136

W4D6 – Saturday 

got up super early and went grocery shopping at 7ish. made an egg for breakfast and grabbed a tanka bar for the road. did a real Spartan sprint. I had been totally fooled by the fenway stadium sprints I’ve done as those are fairly low key and tame. I knew this one would be harder and different… just… there was so much mud. The whole time I’m yelling in my head “Artex! Please! You stupid horse!”

I was really pumped that I did the high/low monkey bars, a negative incline wall climb (like bouldering?), did the men’s weight for the sandbag carry, the stairway to Sparta, and the SO got that damn spear in. I ripped a callous (hindsight, tape up your hand before these?) on an early obstacle where you are hanging from a pole and have to shimmy sideways and then grab onto monkey rings. got to the rings and couldn’t grab onto a third one. it was a pretty deep/big rip and my hands were filthy

it was a beautifully warm day (of course we forgot our sunscreen) but we definitely enjoyed and challenged ourselves. would totally do it again… but a beast or super?! that shit cray.

went home and showered. So much dried mud. made a quick avocado/chicken salad and then went out. it went on to be a long night in town complete with ~480 calories of vodka. got home at 330AM.

*breakfast 6/8

*lunch or dinner 5/4

*cals 1,914 (9,986/11,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 181/39/87

W4D7 – Sunday

woke up pretttyyy hungover and with definitely not enough sleep after so much physical activity. Had a breakfast of a clif bar, a little bit of left over chocolate, and gatorade.

ate a lunch of appetizer type things (hommus, chips, guac, veggies, macaroons, pepperoni) at book club where we also made up bridal shower invitations for my friend’s shower. so no points for that but I debated giving myself a point for then not eating dinner later… I mean I didn’t make anything but I also didn’t go out…

*breakfast 7/8

*cals 1,618 (11,604/11,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 193/79/40

what a sad day for protein. I should really have taken better care to get in good macros after the Spartan.

Week 4 summary:

Quest 1

*within 11,200 for the fourth week (1600/day) - 11,604 over by 400 which isn’t terrible considering the extra activity I did

*cook all breakfasts and at least one lunch or dinner meal at home each weekend. 7/8 breakfast and 5/4 other meal cooked. not bad!

*take measurements and progress photos for challenge end – still need to do this

Quest 2

*complete 5 lifting sessions per week – 3/5 but plus a Spartan… so… even? maybe.

Quest 3

*foam rolling or mobility per week 36/30

*complete four yoga sessions throughout the challenge 4/4 (did the fourth session yesterday, but i'm counting it :D)

*complete 3 cardio sessions throughout the challenge. 3/3

My internal dialogue:

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

~480 calories of vodka. got home at 330AM.

Yikes!!!! I bet she was feeling that in the morning!

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

woke up pretttyyy hungover

Yep, saw that coming.

Lol anyways I hope you're feeling more yourself today and getting in all the protein!!!

6 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

My internal dialogue:

Yikes!!!! I bet she was feeling that in the morning!

Yep, saw that coming.

Lol anyways I hope you're feeling more yourself today and getting in all the protein!!!

haha yesss, 85g so far and another ~50g planned before the day is out :D

vodka sodas are my go-to's and i'm good at handling my liquor... but they get very dangerous when you stay out for too long.

Your challenges are so on point! My first 3 were pretty good but this last one I didn't push myself hard enough to reach my goals. I'll have to take a page from your book and really try to buckle down and remember to do what I put in my goals! 

Well done! You rocked your week 4!

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Your challenges are so on point! My first 3 were pretty good but this last one I didn't push myself hard enough to reach my goals. I'll have to take a page from your book and really try to buckle down and remember to do what I put in my goals! 

Well done! You rocked your week 4!

aw thanks! this was really awesome to read because it did not feel like a rockin' week 4. mostly because i don't think i've lost any weight (haven't gotten back on the scale since MDW and am not excited to see what my measurements say.

i will be tweaking the calorie intake for the next challenge to try and get better results! and actually sticking to the plan ;)