5x40#

5x55#

3x80#

9x100#

8x100#

8x100#

bench dips with feet on 2 steps

12, 11, 10

I should really measure the steps but who remembers to bring a tape measure to the gym?!

did mobility when I got home from the gym, almost forgot! :D

*lifting 2/5

*mobility 16/30

*cals 1,589 (4,523/9,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 142/50/142

• Like 4

W1D5 – Thursday

deadlifts

5x75#

5x100#

3x125#

3x145#

4x165# harrrrrd

romanian DLs

3x8x115#

alternating bent knee raises

1 min – 48 taps (forgot to count until a few in)

1 min – 58 taps

1 min – 62 taps

throughout work day, all for 1min:

2 planks

chair pose

wall sit

boat pose

a buncha of yoga stretches @ 7mins

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1min each

went to the library after work to get the book club book (Lost and Found – Brooke Davis, blerg)

cooked dinner and got in some mobility. tried out one of those campbell’s cooking sauces, meh. not really worth it especially when I can whip up some maple dijon that tastes better.

*lifting 3/5

*mobility 23/30

*cals 1,577 (6,100/9,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 131/48/162

weighed myself this morning since I was feeling good last night! 161.2, which is actually less than I was the week before HP World since I binged a bit that weekend of savage games and book club meeting. so that’s good news! my 7-day rolling average is now at 162.1 though so I probably won’t be able to log a loss tomorrow. I did decide not to go to a party tonight where the host alwayyyyys brings out snacks. It’s far away anyway and I’d rather catch up on sleep, get to the gym tomorrow morning, and hit up my fav grocery store. boy, how times have changed.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

weighed myself this morning since I was feeling good last night! 161.2, which is actually less than I was the week before HP World since I binged a bit that weekend of savage games and book club meeting. so that’s good news! my 7-day rolling average is now at 162.1 though so I probably won’t be able to log a loss tomorrow. I did decide not to go to a party tonight where the host alwayyyyys brings out snacks. It’s far away anyway and I’d rather catch up on sleep, get to the gym tomorrow morning, and hit up my fav grocery store. boy, how times have changed.

I have thoughts like this. Like who am I? How did this happen? When did I become this person? Hahaha. It was a thundering lightning rainstorm downpour last night but I was all, gotta get my gains and went to the gym anyway. 

• Like 3

W1D6 – Friday

warmup

windmills 10x5#

front plate raises 10x10#

OHP

5x30#

5x40#

3x50#

3x60#

5x65#

bent-over barbell row

3x10x65#

incline pushup on bench

12, 12, 11

and a quick “cardio” circuit to finish up

goblet squats 20x35#

3 planks

down dog

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 1min each

lunges @ 1min each

did mobility when i got home. folded laundry and put away dishes. and thennnnn decided to go to that friend's party i said i wasn't going to lol. the coffee tour for today got cancelled so we basically had nothing set in stone to do anymore. still planning on a baby ruck, the gym, and groceries though! oh i also ate too much last night (cheez-its and reeses) but i'm within the realm where I can still come out with a good weekly average if i do today right.

*lifting 4/5

*mobility 30/30

*cals 1,933 (8,033/9,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 188/58/113

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Cheez-its and reeses, sounds like you had a good day. ;) Did you end up doing the mini-ruck?

i did! it was such a beautiful day saturday which helped. the SO and i walked about 45 minutes and i had only put 10 lbs in the backpack. wasn't sure where to start and i didn't want to overdo it. got coffee on the way and it went well! my traps area felt a bit sore towards the end.

W1D7 – Saturday 

mini-ruck in the AM

lifting after:

goblet squats

5x45#

5x55#

5x75#

front squats

5x90#

3x105#

2x120#

bulgarian split squats

11x60#

10x60#

10x60#

went down a bit in weight and didn’t have any casualties!

lying leg raises

3x10x5#

plank and side planks for 30s each

cooked “breakfast” around noon and “lunch” around 5pm. then went down to my friend’s boat to enjoy the sunshine but it had got pretty cloudy by that point. oh well. still nice to be outside. they also took us to an amazing aussie “snack shack” type place with meat pies! I had the monthly special of Jamaican jerk chicken with spicy pineapple ketchup. yes please.

*lifting 5/5

*cardio 1/3

*breakfast 1/8

*lunch or dinner 1/4

*cals 1,572 (9,605/9,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 94/54/104

Week 1 summary:

Quest 1

*within 9,600 for the first week (6 days, 1600/day) Check!

*cook all breakfasts and at least one lunch or dinner meal at home each weekend. 1/8 breakfast and 1/4 other meal cooked. Sunday counts towards week 2 and last Sunday I was in FL!

*take measurements and progress photos for challenge end laterz

Quest 2

*complete 5 lifting sessions per week Check!

Quest 3

*foam rolling or mobility per week 30/30

*complete four yoga sessions throughout the challenge 0/4

*complete 3 cardio sessions throughout the challenge. 1/3

not a bad first week and a good way to get back into the swing of things after vaca!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, raptron said:

Seriously knocked the doors off for a first week back from vacation.

I want a meat pie. 

thanks!

this place was adorable. have you been to K O Pies at the shipyard? for sure put it on your list.

W2D1 – Sunday

Mother’s day breakfast since I missed mom’s day last weekend. Had a roasted veggie omelet with goat cheese, pumpernickel toast, and baked beans. noms. walked around an outdoor mall a bit afterward to bide time before meeting up with my dad and sister for Civil War! I enjoyed it. and popcorn. I enjoyed that too.

went home and did a bunch of batch cooking and finally unpacking from FL. cooked up two batches of nomnom’s new shredded chicken recipe for the pressure cooker and a breakfast casserole with fresh ground pork. the SO made dinner while I got in some yoga but it was only 20 mins so I’m counting it as a 0.5 point.

*yoga 0.5/4

*lunch or dinner 2/4

*cals 1,751/12,200

CHO/FAT/PRO = 165/83/86

not bad for a Sunday.

W2D2 – Monday

warmup:

shoulder windmills 10x5# each side

L shoulder rotations 10x5# each hand

bench

5x30#

5x40#

5x50#

5x65#

3x75#

3x85#

underhand lat pulldowns

5x35#

5x55#

3x80#

9x100#

9x100#

8x100#

bench dips with feet on steps

12, 11, 11

3 planks

chair pose

wall sit

side planks @ 1min each

lunges @ 1min each

ended up working later than I anticipated and did not get in mobility. made a ranch type dressing out of the rest of my homemade mayo to finish up some of the romaine and celery we have. this went along with some chicken sausage and tomatoes but I dropped half of my serving on the floor. basically the cherry on top of my manic monday.

*lifting 1/5

*mobility 0/30

*cals 1,659 (3,410/12,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 105/77/152

all day yesterday and now today i've had this weird pain around the back of my neck as well as what feels like a pressure type headache. it doesn't feel like a crick in my neck type thing that i've experienced before. can't think of anything weird that i did though. if it was the rucking i assume it would've hurt on sunday, not monday.

Your Monday sounds like my Monday. Paperwork snafu at work. Then the commuter buses were all on detour and I accidentally picked one that was going to loop all the way around before going to my car (an extra 20+ min ride). 

Hopefully Tuesday treats you better! You got in a solid workout yesterday, so today has to be awesome, right? 

10 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Your Monday sounds like my Monday. Paperwork snafu at work. Then the commuter buses were all on detour and I accidentally picked one that was going to loop all the way around before going to my car (an extra 20+ min ride). 

Hopefully Tuesday treats you better! You got in a solid workout yesterday, so today has to be awesome, right? 

ughhhh that's awful! what was it about yesterday.

yes hopefully today's better :D i almost didn't go to the gym this morning but i was like if one thing is going to go right for me this week, i can have it be my workouts. that i can MOSTLY control! i also should give props to myself for actually cooking dinner last night because i soooo didn't want to.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ughhhh that's awful! what was it about yesterday.

yes hopefully today's better :D i almost didn't go to the gym this morning but i was like if one thing is going to go right for me this week, i can have it be my workouts. that i can MOSTLY control! i also should give props to myself for actually cooking dinner last night because i soooo didn't want to.

Props x2!

22 hours ago, raptron said:

Definite props deserved.

9 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Props x2!

yasss, thanks! gotta keep the weeknight homemade dinners a habit.

W2D3 – Tuesday

deadlifts

5x65#

5x85#

5x110#

5x135#

3x155#

3x175#

romanian deadlifts

9x115#

8x115#

8x115#

alternating bent knee raises

1 min – 59 taps

1 min – 63 taps

1 min – 64 taps

1 min – 66 taps

3 planks

chair pose

forward fold

boat pose

15 pushups with high plank for about 15s

side planks @ 45s each

another rough day but got dinner in the oven and did some mobility. I had meant to eat more after dinner but I was full enough and tiredddd

*lifting 2/5

*mobility 8/30

*cals 1,443 (4,853/12,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 96/55/153

• Like 3

W2D4 – Wednesday

warmup

shoulder windmills 10x5# each side

front plate raises 10x10#

OHP

5x30#

5x40#

5x55#

3x60#

4x70#

bent over barbell row

11x60#

10x60#

10x60#

incline pushups on bench

3x12

goblet squats

20x35#

2 planks

down dog

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1min each

threw a corned beef roast (in the freezer from st. pats!) into the pressure cooker and it came out really well! although I really don’t like coriander and shouldn’t have put the spice packet in. oh well, next time. had that with some roasted brussels and did mobility while all that cooked up. also folded laundry and re-organized one of my dresser drawers. phew! weeknights, man.

*lifting 3/5

*mobility 16/30

*cals 1,724 (6,577/12,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 145/74/132

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

2 planks

down dog

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1min each

Do you hold the lunges for a minute each or AMRAP them?

I'm a little terrified by my pressure cooker, I've had if for three or four years now, but haven't used it more than twice.  After typing that out it made me realize that I should probably get rid of it. 

Anywho, keep up the good work!

Do you hold the lunges for a minute each or AMRAP them?

I'm a little terrified by my pressure cooker, I've had if for three or four years now, but haven't used it more than twice.  After typing that out it made me realize that I should probably get rid of it. 

Anywho, keep up the good work!

They're lunge holds

And no you shouldn't get rid of it! Use it! If You haven't exploded anything in your years on this earth so far, I'd say you have enough sense about you to use a pressure cooker properly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

threw a corned beef roast (in the freezer from st. pats!) into the pressure cooker and it came out really well! although I really don’t like coriander and shouldn’t have put the spice packet in. oh well, next time. had that with some roasted brussels and did mobility while all that cooked up. also folded laundry and re-organized one of my dresser drawers. phew! weeknights, man.

I like all the flavors from the spice packet but I don't like that the spices are still in whole seed form. The one from the local grocery always has a million mustard seeds in it that are annoying to eat. Twice I have fallen prey to the wrath of the seeds. It's like an onslaught of spice bombs in your mouth. Next time I'll just look up what they are and use ground spices. 

• Like 1

I love corned beef in the slow cooker, with a whole onion and just some black pepper seeds and a bay leaf. If I'm feeling extra lazy I will put the jacket potatoes and carrots in too after a couple of hours, stemmed greens and dinner is done!

my MIL has a pressure cooker, I've never cooked with one. Although everyone over here is crazy about thermomix.

I like all the flavors from the spice packet but I don't like that the spices are still in whole seed form. The one from the local grocery always has a million mustard seeds in it that are annoying to eat. Twice I have fallen prey to the wrath of the seeds. It's like an onslaught of spice bombs in your mouth. Next time I'll just look up what they are and use ground spices. 

Seriously! My friend actually was just doing this cleanse thing and she put whole coriander in her water with some other stuff and then would munch on the little coriander balls! Blech.

I love corned beef in the slow cooker, with a whole onion and just some black pepper seeds and a bay leaf. If I'm feeling extra lazy I will put the jacket potatoes and carrots in too after a couple of hours, stemmed greens and dinner is done!

my MIL has a pressure cooker, I've never cooked with one. Although everyone over here is crazy about thermomix.

That sounds exactly like what I want to do next time! I did the onion and some celery. Next time I'll just season myself.

WHAT is a thermomix?!!

W2D5 – Thursday

another mini-ruck in the morning with only 10#. I was worried that my neck pain earlier this week was associated with the ruck on Saturday last weekend so I didn’t up the weight like I had planned. 40 mins at 5:15AM and we saw a deer along the trail! great way to start the day.

4 planks

chair pose

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 45s each

went home and did mobility and then a 22 minute yoga sesh to bring my half point up to 1!

cooked up some turkey broccoli stir fry and some bscb for lunch today.

*lifting 3/5

*cardio 2/3

*mobility 24/30

*yoga 1/4

*cals 1,719 (8,296/12,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 141/58/170

for some reason my egg casserole this morning was sourrr. blech. that’s never happened before. I’m sure one of the ingredients we used (can cashew milk go sour?) was on its way out. so I had my avocado for breakfast and will have to figure out something more to eat later.

• Like 1