front and side planks for 30s each

throughout work day, all for 1min:

4 planks

forward fold

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 45s each

had a beer with coworkers in the afternoon! and it fiiiit. went home, did mob, had a salad with chicken sausage on it, watched some alias, and went to bed!

*lifting 4/5

*mobility 30/30

*cals 1,858 (10,154/12,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 179/64/146

• Like 3

On 5/21/2016 at 9:30 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

W2D6 – Friday

*deload*

goblets

5x50#

5x60#

fronts

3x5x75#

BSS

11x60#

11x60#

10x60#

lying leg raises

3x12x5#

front and side planks for 30s each

4 planks

forward fold

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 45s each

had a beer with coworkers in the afternoon! and it fiiiit. went home, did mob, had a salad with chicken sausage on it, watched some alias, and went to bed!

*lifting 4/5

*mobility 30/30

*cals 1,858 (10,154/12,200)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 179/64/146

This sounds like a dream day of lifting and beer and like it was overall satisfying! I'm impressed that you are keeping up with the mobility during the work day. Once I get the mobility plan from the new trainer I might have to see if I can fit anything in while I'm at work. 

Keep on keeping on!

18 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

This sounds like a dream day of lifting and beer and like it was overall satisfying! I'm impressed that you are keeping up with the mobility during the work day. Once I get the mobility plan from the new trainer I might have to see if I can fit anything in while I'm at work. 

Keep on keeping on!

thanks! it definitely helps that there's a small group of us at work to keep each other accountable. every hour on the hour for a minute. and it makes the work day fly!

W2D7 – Saturday 

warmup

shoulder windmills and rotations

*deload*

bench

5x40#

5x45#

15x55# - felt like getting in some volume.

underhand lat pulldown

5x35#

5x55#

3x80#

3x9x100#

bench dips with feet on steps

12, 12, 11

went to a yoga class after grocery shopping.

made breakfast (greek yogurt w/ blueberries) and lunch (cod and coleslaw) before heading to my cousins grad party. I was doing really well with food (some chicken, rice, salad, celery and dip) until I reached about alcoholic beverage #6 and grabbed many a cookie.

*lifting 5/5

*yoga 2/4

*breakfast 2/8

*lunch or dinner 2/4

*cals 2,199 (12,353/12,000)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 163/69/101

Week 2 summary:

Quest 1

*within 200 calories of 12,000 for the second week (1700/day) 12,353 for the week, check!

*cook all breakfasts and at least one lunch or dinner meal at home each weekend. 2/8 breakfast and 2/4 other meal cooked. breakfast is lagging due to having plans in the morning but I think I’m making up for it in cooking other meals?

*take measurements and progress photos for challenge end laterz

Quest 2

*complete 5 lifting sessions per week Check!

Quest 3

*foam rolling or mobility per week 30/30

*complete four yoga sessions throughout the challenge 2/4

*complete 3 cardio sessions throughout the challenge. 2/3

still could do better on the weekend with the drinking and the eating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raptron said:

But you are really keeping it in pretty close with that calorie compliance and getting in those workouts, so great jobbb. :D 

definitely improving there! also i realized that all last week i thought my limit was 12200 but it was 12000.. sooo i technically did NOT stay within 200 cals of that. hahaha food

W3D1 – Sunday

woke up way too early on a Sunday after a late night at the grad party the day before. headed into boston to volunteer at a brewery’s 5-miler run. so no breakfast cooked. ate some free cliff bar samples and an almond milk latte. did a bunch of pretty easy tasks, got free beer/cider and lunch (sausages, pasta, bertuccis roll – hahaha). kind of good the SO couldn’t come seeing as she wouldn’t have been able to eat much!

had a good time and wanted to keep the fun going but my ride home wasn’t feeling it and I knew it was for the best. the ride and I went to gym together!

*deload* DLs

5x70#

5x90#

15x110# - again just getting in some volume if I have to be deloading

RDL

9x115#

9x115#

8x115#

alternating bent knee raises

1 min – 71 taps

1 min – 67 taps

1 min – 67 taps

1 min – 67 taps

the friend was doing leg press which I’ve never done before so I got in that thing and just did one set of 6 reps at 90#

and then I spent about 4 hours meal prepping for the week. the SO is away at a work conference so all the tasks that usually gets done by two people was only done by one. good grief. and I filled the dishwasher but I’m pretty sure it’s kicked the bucket – we should be getting a new one this wednesday. which means if it doesn’t run before then, I’ll have to empty the dirty dishes from it and wash them by hand. ughhhh the horror.

Ate some deli turkey, cheese, and celery for dinner. But then also had a quest bar and blueberries which (after the lovely carby lunch) put me way over my 1,800 daily goal.

*lifting 1/5

*lunch or dinner 3/4

*cals 2,200/12,600

CHO/FAT/PRO = 179/88/106

• Like 1

W3D2 – Monday

did about 25 minutes of yoga in the morning so that I could sleep in a bit. I think the SO being away made it hard for me to fall asleep sunday night.

1 planks

forward fold

cat/cows

sitting forward fold @ 1min each leg

wall sit

lunges @ 1 min each

went home started laundry, got in the rest of the yoga session I started in the morning and 5 minutes of mobility. roasted some chicken thighs and broccoli for dinner and washed some dishes. hope to be able to get more done tonight as I won’t have to cook dinner (plenty of leftovers!).

*lifting 1/5

*mobility 5/30

*yoga 3/4

*cals 1,759 (3,959/12,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 98/84/160

20 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

oyyyyy!!!!

Still close to your limit though :)

i know right?! where were you at drink 5?? i was having these spiked selzers that are only 100 cals a pop and a nice 5% abv. the grapefruit ones were pretty good! much better than these which have a weird aftertaste.

22 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Mmm. I'm a sucker for grapefruit flavored drinks. Yum!

I used to make grapefruit juice +captain Morgan mixed drinks all the time, so good.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

oh man, that sounds like sugary magic heaven.

W3D3 – Tuesday

warmup windmills and front raises

*deload* OHP

5x30#

5x40#

15x45#

bent over barbell row

11x60#

11x60#

10x60#

incline pushups on bench

3x12 – still struggling on the last set to get all 12 reps in. hope to be doing a set on the floor soon though!

3 planks

chair pose

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1 min each

got more laundry done and washed some dishes. got in a bit of mobility, ate some leftover cod&coleslaw, then went to bed early!

*lifting 2/5

*mobility 12/30

*cals 1,600 (5,559/12,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 100/65/153

trying to make up a bit for the high cal day on sunday

• Like 3

On 5/24/2016 at 8:13 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

W3D2 – Monday

did about 25 minutes of yoga in the morning so that I could sleep in a bit. I think the SO being away made it hard for me to fall asleep sunday night.

went home started laundry, got in the rest of the yoga session I started in the morning and 5 minutes of mobility. roasted some chicken thighs and broccoli for dinner and washed some dishes. hope to be able to get more done tonight as I won’t have to cook dinner (plenty of leftovers!).

I'm in a similar boat today. SO will be away, it'll be hard to sleep. But I cooked extra last night so tonight I can just be productive and get stuff done. And no lifting today, so even more free time! Cooking in bulk is so much winning. I wish I liked chicken thighs though, they always make me queasy. I'm stuck with chicken breast, which isn't so bad but it's more costly than thighs. 

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

trying to make up a bit for the high cal day on sunday

Solid workout. :) And solid eating. BOOM. 

23 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm in a similar boat today. SO will be away, it'll be hard to sleep. But I cooked extra last night so tonight I can just be productive and get stuff done. And no lifting today, so even more free time! Cooking in bulk is so much winning. I wish I liked chicken thighs though, they always make me queasy. I'm stuck with chicken breast, which isn't so bad but it's more costly than thighs. 

Solid workout. :) And solid eating. BOOM. 

is it s texture thing with the thighs? sometimes certain brands are icky or the way i cook them makes them icky as well. i've learned through many trials and errors the best way that i like to eat muh chicken thighs :D

hope you're able to get to sleep tonight! i took some melatonin which helped

and thanks!

W3D4 – Wednesday

goblet squats

5x45#

5x60#

front squats

5x80#

5x90#

7x105#

worked in with a girl I haven’t seen at the gym before, she’s doing stronglifts!

BSS

3x11x60# had to take a break in between legs on the last two sets. sweatin’ harrrrd

lying leg raises

5x10#

8x8#

8x8#

front and side planks at 30s each

4 planks

forward fold

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1 min each

*lifting 3/5

*mobility 18/30

*cals 1,741 (7,300/12,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 116/69/170

new dishwasher came last night! and the SO too! haha went to bed a bit late because of all the hubbub. the landlords (2 brothers) also put the metal base of the dishwasher on upsidedown so the dishwasher door wouldn't open. i said to the SO "i'm just going to muscle it open"... she saved the maytag and unscrewed it and installed it right.

i am also very excited for boston calling this weekend which i've never been to and love many of the artists that will be there! going to have to reel in the calories though for those days. monday is expected to be a nice lazy day off with food prep and some lifting and probably lattes. can you tell i'm ready for the weekend?

• Like 2

Ahhhh, I am jealous of Boston Calling! JANELLE MONAE AND ROBYNNNN. Okay, I pretty much just want to see them, but still. Have so much fun...

And ugh sets of 11 for split squats? You crazy impressive.

• Like 1

Ahhhh, I am jealous of Boston Calling! JANELLE MONAE AND ROBYNNNN. Okay, I pretty much just want to see them, but still. Have so much fun...

I am SO excite for Janelle - no one else knows her! But also pumped for Sia and Haim and Elle King get a single day ticket?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W3D5 – Thursday

I did some stuff that I’m counting as cardio:

warmup: straight leg walk x100 steps; spidermans x12; ski jacks x15

balance on one leg for 15s then the other for 15s

high knees for 15s then butt kicks for 15s

glute bridge march for 30s

walking pushup for 30s

lateral bounding (like long speed skaters) for 30s

BW squats for 30s

shoulder shrugs in a wall sit for 30s

bicycles (which turning into alternating bent knee raises because bicycles make my hips make funny noises) for 30s

jump rope for 30s

jump rope on alternating feet for 30s

jump rope with one foot for 15s and switch for another 15s

stretching.

3 planks

half pigeon @ 30s each

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1 min each

ate carrot cake and brownies at work. oops. kept dinner a bit lighter. got in some mobility.

*lifting 3/5

*cardio 3/3

*mobility 24/30

*cals 1,731 (9,031/12,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 136/69/139

• Like 3

19 hours ago, raptron said:

I <3 Robyn!!! She pretty much single-handedly got me thru my breakup in 2011.

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

W3D5 – Thursday

I did some stuff that I’m counting as cardio:

warmup: straight leg walk x100 steps; spidermans x12; ski jacks x15

balance on one leg for 15s then the other for 15s

high knees for 15s then butt kicks for 15s

glute bridge march for 30s

walking pushup for 30s

lateral bounding (like long speed skaters) for 30s

BW squats for 30s

shoulder shrugs in a wall sit for 30s

bicycles (which turning into alternating bent knee raises because bicycles make my hips make funny noises) for 30s

jump rope for 30s

jump rope on alternating feet for 30s

jump rope with one foot for 15s and switch for another 15s

stretching.

3 planks

half pigeon @ 30s each

wall sit

boat pose

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1 min each

ate carrot cake and brownies at work. oops. kept dinner a bit lighter. got in some mobility.

*lifting 3/5

*cardio 3/3

*mobility 24/30

*cals 1,731 (9,031/12,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 136/69/139

DAYYUUUM Girl. Quite the workout there.

33 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I <3 Robyn!!! She pretty much single-handedly got me thru my breakup in 2011.

DAYYUUUM Girl. Quite the workout there.

i'll blame the cake on doing cardio. damn you cardioooooo

2 hours ago, raptron said:

I may try to go for Janelleeeee. I'm keeping an eye on CL. :D 

that would be a great day! elle, janelle, haim, disclosure! one right after another starting at 5:45 ;) #jussayin.

don't worry everyone, i've already planned for three hard ciders tonight. and the macros fit!

W3D6 – Friday

windmills and rotations for warmup

bench

8x45#

5x55#

5x65#

6x75#

underhand lat pulldown

5x35#

5x60#

3x80#

10x100#

9x100#

9x100#

bench dips with feet on steps

3x12

3 planks

chair pose

wall sit

boat pose

lunges @ 1 min each

*lifting 4/5

*mobility 24/30

*cals 2,046 (11,077/12,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 142/72/99

skipped dinner, drank beer and cider, and ate free kind bars at the festival. you’ll notice this theme continues over the weekend.

W3D7 – Saturday 

did get in a lifting session and made breakfast at home before heading into the festival again. just ate some fried eggs.

deadlifts

5x65#

5x90#

5x120#

5x135#

6x155#

RDLs

3x9x115#

alternating bent knee raises

1 min – 73 taps

1 min – 69 taps

1 min – 71 taps

1 min – 67 taps

*lifting 5/5

*breakfast 3/8

went in and split an amazing salmon burrito bowl at the public market, watched some great music, ate another amazing bowl of pulled pork, coleslaw, mac&cheese, beans. watched some more good music, left before robyn and headed to a friend’s wedding after party. ate more goodies there.

*cals 2,529 (13,606/12,600)

CHO/FAT/PRO = 230/78/82

I’m calling Monday Day 1 for week 4 so Sunday is this floating day now…

Sunday

cooked a couple eggs again for breakfast with some cauliflower. Ate least I’m not starting the days off with crazy food, eh?

*breakfast 4/8

could not get myself together to go lift. much hungover. went in and enjoyed a bomb bloody mary to get myself together. sunday was my favorite day for music. all of the artists I hadn’t heard of were amazing and then some great ones that I was really excited to see. drank lots of beer. went and grabbed food while the SO held down our spot for Haim. at this point the trucks were running out of stuff so I ended up getting her a plate of steak from ruth’s chris. word to the wise – if you get a plate of steak, put it in a more compact container before trying to cut through a zillion people to get back to your spot near the stage. I got a chicken sandwich from bon me which I had heard was pretty awesome (it was).

Haim rocked my socks off. then we listened/danced to disclosure from far away and also ate more bbq since they had made more beans and coleslaw by then.

It was a pretty fantastic weekend and I can’t wait to go every year now :D

• Like 5