• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sam Ashen

Sam Ashen(ov) and the XCOMmies Fly Again!

On 5/4/2016 at 9:12 AM, miss_marissa said:

I'm not certain..... but I think goals 1 and 3 are the same thing.

tumblr_inline_myf4mbEYpH1r9wp9n.gif

Quoted before but addressed again.  Fixed #3 to make it less confusing.

Goal 3:  Do Battle! Put up Numbers!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rookiebeotch said:

Ah, your birthday has been Star Wars day for most of your life. How fun! 

Happy birthday! 

Most of my life, yes.

<---------predates the origin of Star Wars Day

A_long_time_ago.png

I was about ten when Return of the Jedi came out, but never heard "May the Fourth be with you" until about eight to ten years ago.

• Like 3

My shoulder mobility is definitely improving!  Today I was able to do full shoulder circles!

Muscle Snatch + Snatch Balance Singles: 64, 74, 79, 84, 89, 94 pounds

As well as I understand it, Snatch Balances is all about disproving everything we know about gravitational theory.  The weight is sitting on the back of my shoulders and I drop down faster than the bar because I weigh more.  Then I catch it in a snatch.  Not sure how this works if the bar is heavier than I am. :P

Snatch Pulls + Snatch Singles:  94, 104, 114, 104, 114, 119, 114, 119, 124, 124 pounds

Clean and Jerk Singles: 134, 144, 154, 144, 154, 164 pounds

Paused High Bar Squats:

5x154 pounds

2x5x234 pounds (106 kg)

Happy El Cinquo, everybody!

Score for Today:

4231 Calories - You know what I did! :)

407 Carbs

173 Fat

253 Protein - RAWR!

+13.7 Overall

Eventually I decided that Olympic puns can be put in spoilers.  That way you open spoilers at your own risk.  If you do not like it, then it is your own fault! :P

The other name for the program is:  Squat every day.  Jerk every night.

:P

Also testing spoilers.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

Eventually I decided that Olympic puns can be put in spoilers.  That way you open spoilers at your own risk.  If you do not like it, then it is your own fault! :P

Reveal hidden contents

The other name for the program is:  Squat every day.  Jerk every night.

:P

Also testing spoilers.

#menshealth

• Like 4

Some sneaking around schedule and social issues and I think I got the job done!

Power Snatches Doubles at 64, 84, 94, 104 pounds

5 Power Snatch Doubles at 114 pounds

Power Clean Doubles at 134, 154, 174 pounds

5 Power Clean Doubles at 194 pounds

Front Squat Triples at 134, 184 pounds

3 Front Squat Triples at 224 pounds

4 Clean Pull Triples at 224 pounds

Managed to get that all out in an hour and a half. :D

Then hung out and did BBQ and campfire.  I was a little bit late, so only a couple of hot dogs left.  Topped off macros at home.

Score for Today:

3445 Calories

416 Carbs - Ya I had a Root Beer.  And some Sam Ashen Burned Marshmallows!

134 Fat

163 Protein

+5.8 Overall

Average Score for Week 18:

3577 Calories - Based on numbers, it looks like I was out three times!

334 Carbs

161 Fat

178 Protein

Busy Day tomorrow for what is otherwise a Rest Day.  Wake up early to check out a unit in Test and maybe answer some questions.  Got Massage! :D  Then Blood.

More lifting on Sunday!

Videos!  I have still been taking videos, but not very good at uploading them.  Home at weird times so much.

Video Games!  Same issue.  Tomorrow evening might be okay, but close to the only shot I have. :P

• Like 3

And here we go!

This time we hired 12 Soldiers instead of 2 and will run a little bit of a rotation.  That leaves with hiring 10 more Scientists instead of 20 and it will cost us about 270 Scientist-Days in the first month.  I do not believe this will matter very much anyway - as long as we get to Laser Rifles.

We did the standard base development.  We are moving the two Hangars to the North side of the base and moving the Living Quarters right next to the General Stores.  In the event of a Base Invasion, the Soldiers will spawn in the General Stores and Living Quarters, which will be all together.  The Aliens will spawn in the Hangars and the Elevator Shaft.  The rest of the Base we should not have to worry about.  There will be a natural choke point at the Elevator Shaft.

1D6FVX.png

We also bought some munitions.  Almost all of it is stuff that goes BOOM!

Next up is setting up our Research Plan.

r0pecq.png

This time we started all the Projects!  There is a minor exploit in the logic, possibly to give some compensation for losing Scientist-Days to overflow.  So when a project is finished, scientists are reassigned.  THEN the next Project on the list is checked.  So in this case, the Laser Weapons Project is credited with 10 Scientist-Days until complete.  Then there will be an option to start Research on Laser Pistols.  (I have no idea if it is further down the list than Laser Weapons or not.)  Then it checks down the list of projects.  So if we moved those 10 Scientists to Motion Scanner, then the Motion Scanner Project also gets credited with 10 Scientist Days.

Now.  Meet the XCOMmies!  (I meant to take a picture of the original list, but - oops!)

XCOMmie 1 - Orinally Evelyn Bryant of the USA.  Now....

pxDuqt.png QwGqyn.png

XCOMmie 2 - Originally Shigeru Naguchi of Japan.  Now....

LxXs1M.png 10zYrA.png

XCOMmie 3 - Originally Rene Gressier of France.  Now...

PkzIeN.png EbPn6U.png

XCOMmie 4 - Originally Leon Guerin of France.  Now...

xw7x8Z.png X61Pyo.png

XCOMmie 5 - Originally Sylvie Gautier of France.  Now...

EwM14E.png At7k5I.png

XCOMmie 6 - Originally Tom Miller of the USA.  Now...

b8lYcp.png Q8yYYa.png

XCOMmie 7 - Originally Louis Lefevre of France.  Now...

o91MzA.png bvZxjj.png

XCOMmie 8 - Originally Bernard Lefevre of France.  Now...

cr2cDQ.png m84rfg.png

Yes, I really rolled 5 from France, 2 from the USA, and 1 from Japan. :D

In an effort to be fair with the naming, I just went in the order of posts in this thread.  For more names, I will go through my previous Challenge Thread.  12 more Soldiers will be arriving shortly and I will be really struggling with names.  Respawns are allowed, of course.  I will simply use the same name with a 2, 3, 23, or however many times I got that particular toon horribly killed. :P

Onward!  At 14:30 the first two UFO's in the game spawn somewhere.  This time they both spawned over the Pacific Ocean and speed off to wherever they are conducting their mission.  They flew over North and South America, towards Europe, Northern Africa, and the Middle East.

UFO-1 was detected off the coast of Portugal and shot down at 20:10 near Turin, Italy.  We decided to leave it there until the sun rises.  Our MiG then flew towards the Persian Gulf in an effort to find UFO-2.  We eventually detected it over Saudi Arabia, where it had decided to turn around and fly towards Egypt.  We followed it to where it decided to land somewhere in the Atlas Mountains, shortly after midnight.  By then our other MiG had rearmed and flew over to the Landing Site.

What kind of MiG has that kind of speed (all that flying in four and a half hours) and that kind of range? :P

We decided to camp patrol the landing site rather than risk a Nighttime Ground Assault in a Desert.  Whatever they were doing, UFO-2 completed its mission at 0600 and our MiG shot it down.  Our SkyRanger was on its way and Mission 1 begins on January 2 at 0641.

zXXysw.png

Good luck, XCOMmie Rookies!

zWHLGe.png

• Like 3

Sunday!

Snatch Singles: 64, 74, 84, 94, 104 pounds

Snatch Singles: 94, 99, 104, 109, 114, 119, 124 pounds

2 Snatch Single Fails at 114 pounds - Got a video of one of them smacking me in the head.  x.x

Power Snatch Single at 114 pounds - The issue is coordination and confidence.

Snatch Singles at 119, 124 pounds - Another video of this one.  Needed some redemption.

Power Snatch Singles at 129, 134 pounds

Clean and Jerk Singles: 134, 144, 154, 164 pounds

Clean and Jerk Singles: 154, 159, 164, 169, 174, 179, 184, 189 pounds - I really do not remember if there was another wave included in this.  That would be a couple more reps.

High-Bar Squats: 5x5x234 pounds

Dumbbell Push Press:

5 x 12-pound pink dumbbells

5 x 20 pounds

5 x 25 pounds

5 x 30 pounds

5 x 35 pounds - No way to assess shoulder condition based on this, but earlier it was a hard pass and decided on pink dumbbells.

Dumbbell Rows: 5x5x70 pounds

Walking Lunges: 4x16 with 25-pound dumbbell as a goblet

Over three hours.  x.x

Score from Last Night:

3122 Calories

251 Carbs

135 Fat

185 Protein

+6.5 Overall

Score for Today:

3370 Calories

342 Carbs

153 Fat

178 Protein

-0.1 Overall

Regarding Goal 6:

Mission 1 - Epic FAIL!

Mission 2 - Neutral

Week 0 went by and I had enough time to play two missions, both Crash Recoveries.  One was a Medium Scout with 4 Floaters and the other was a Tiny Scout with 1 Sectoid currently sitting on a live Grenade.  Four more weeks in this Challenge.  It is unlikely I will have any time to play until the weekend.  Crazy Evil Bulgarians!  The end of Week 2 is the Meet, so I cannot play much that weekend.  That leaves a couple more weeks.

We can still have some fun naming Soldiers!  I'm having fun with it, anyway.  Got names for the next three guys and two girls.  Need another 7 XCOMmie names for 7 more guys.  Need to roll more girls.  Or get more guys killed to roll more Soldiers.

Curly Brogov, John Couragev, Skinnin Boneski.  I should be able to come up with another seven during the week. :P

Emma Dragonova, Marissa Mischeva :P

All this time I thought XCOMmies were split evenly between males and females.  Oops.

• Like 4

A couple of resident Olympic Lifters on these Boards:  Jay Dangerov and Moose Surov

-Not sure where they are vacationing right now

Honoring the person who came up with an XCOM-themed Accountibilibuddies over a year ago that got me introduced to so many on these boards:  Dark Raidev

Honoring my first friend on these Boards:  Rurik Harrgavich

-looking forward to meeting you in person at Camp!

Three more toons to name.....

(all guys)

---------------------------------

Any experts on Android and the Facebook app?  Why is it the notification buttons stop working and I have to force-stop Facebook all the time in order to get them to work again?

• Like 4

Gah, I have so much catching up to do! I would say TLDR but I did read it, I just don't have time for a long reply because I spent that time reading. ;) How is the recovery going with all this bulgarian badness that seems to be almost daily?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Gah, I have so much catching up to do! I would say TLDR but I did read it, I just don't have time for a long reply because I spent that time reading. ;) How is the recovery going with all this bulgarian badness that seems to be almost daily?

This morning I popped on Doc Tanktimov's thread (Dinobots theme) to mention it is not often I get DOMS, but today I feel like a Megasaurus.  Currently feeling Glutes and Lats.

I will guess one is from High-bar gradually getting more stable and therefore squat form getting better.  That is what I am hoping. :)  The other might simply be from a combination of all those lifts and the Rows.

Almost daily, yes.  Broki has me on a 6-day per week cycle.  If I understand the philosophy correctly, the Evil Bulgarians treat Olympic lifting as a skill, just like juggling.  So to get good at it, you practice daily, just like juggling.  More accurately, they treat it like a day job because (at least back in the Cold War days) if you were an Olympic Lifter, then that was your day job.  So you show up to work every day and that is the Program.

In the long haul, I believe one of two thing will happen:  Either I will end up with a 5-day cycle or the 6-day cycle is going to slowly slip.  (That means Day 1 happens on Sunday, then Monday, then Tuesday, etc.)  One sign of burnout (besides having trouble following other peoples' threads) is I have not posted any videos since my Competition on April 23.  Also on the diet front, getting home late makes it more difficult to fix a meal.

So that means I will need more crock pot recipes!

• Like 1

GO TOM MILLER GO!!  Such an American name, Tom Miller.......

"Tom Miller works as a Fortune 500 insurance salesman and likes to wash his Ford F150 Super Duty in the driveway of his 3ba/4b home on Saturdays while his wife Joan bakes apple pies and his children Braylin, Jaxon, and Parker play T-Ball in the front yard under their specially imported Kanzan flowering cherry trees."

I like Andrei better.  KILL YA SOUND GOOD

• Like 2

In honor of one of our Fearless Guild Leaders, always putting Ranger Challenges in a Warrior Thread:  Bro Dinovich

One more! :D

EDIT:  #boredatwork