Hazard (May '16) ---- Wanna breed?

Hazard

8 minutes ago, Hazard said:

I got about half-way through the first one.  I found the author's style dry and stopped reading it out of boredom.

It's definitely a different 'voice' and I was confused by the whole Thorn Drumheller thing, but it does pick up. And the Brownies are always awesome.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

May 8

Morning Weight:  187.8 lbs

Est. sedentary TDEE:  2115 cal

Deficit (-750) target:  1365 cal

Bonus Exercise Calories: 0

Final Target: 1365 cal

Calories Eaten: 1365

Protein Eaten: 103 grams

Food Eaten

chicken sandwich

Hot Pocket

more chicken

Kit Kat bar

Cheez-Its

Relaxed Waist:  37.37 in

Exhaled&Contracted:  36.10 in

Comment:  I took a few extra minutes to grab a bigger data set for waist measurements.  Seven measurements of each, tossed the top and bottom as outliers, and averaged the other five for the numbers above.  So this is a really decent picture of where I'm at. 

The relaxed waist measurement is kinda wiggly.  That's a hard one to capture consistently, as it's hard to have the same amount of air in my body each time, and it's easy to accidentally "push out" my abdomen against the tape, which results in a bigger number.   Exhaled & contracted, however, I'm really consistent on with the tape.  That's quickly becoming my most useful tracking measurement. 

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

I admire your willpower on this cut -- that's a steep deficit! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

6 hours ago, raptron said:

I admire your willpower on this cut -- that's a steep deficit! 

Thanks.  The real challenge of it is coming up.  Keeping an accurate calorie count at home easy.  Doing it in the baby delivery room in another city is going to be a bit tougher.  I'm going to give it go though.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

8 minutes ago, Hazard said:

Thanks.  The real challenge of it is coming up.  Keeping an accurate calorie count at home easy.  Doing it in the baby delivery room in another city is going to be a bit tougher.  I'm going to give it go though.

I am beyond super-mega impressed that you are sticking with your goals in the midst of everything. Things usually go to hell for me when I start getting life'd - and now anytime I try to let that be an excuse I'm going to think about you.  WWHD? :D 

• Like 4

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

17 hours ago, Ripple said:

now anytime I try to let that be an excuse I'm going to think about you.  WWHD? :D 

Urge to troll my own thread, rising.  

:topsy_turvy:

Today On: What Would Hazard Do?

Dear Hazard, I'm having trouble keeping my eating in check.  No matter what I try, I just can't seem to lose weight.  What Would Hazard Do?

Hazard:  I'd go on an all cheesecake diet.  *trollface*

I love cheesecake

• Like 5

I Stand With Gina Carano

8 hours ago, Hazard said:

Exhaled & contracted, however, I'm really consistent on with the tape.  That's quickly becoming my most useful tracking measurement. 

Can you elaborate on the contracted part.

Contracted as in tightened, like if you want to really show off the abs, you tighten them.

or 

Contracted as in sucked in as far as humanly possible which doesn't really show off the abs.

8 hours ago, Hazard said:

Calories Eaten: 1365

Protein Eaten: 103 grams

Food Eaten

chicken sandwich

Hot Pocket

more chicken

Kit Kat bar

Cheez-Its

Relaxed Waist:  37.37 in

Exhaled&Contracted:  36.10 in

I only weigh 173ish and I would be really hungry on that # of cal's.  Are you pretty hungry at this deficit?

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

50 minutes ago, peelout said:

Can you elaborate on the contracted part.

Contracted as in tightened, like if you want to really show off the abs, you tighten them.

or 

Contracted as in sucked in as far as humanly possible which doesn't really show off the abs.

Not the vacuum pose that bodybuilders do for stage shows.  I don't suck in my gut like I'm wearing a corset. 

I contract/flex my abdomen kinda like I'm expecting to get punched.  Similar to how tighten up for exercise reps.  The difference being for exercise reps I inhale first, for the waist measurement I exhale first.

50 minutes ago, peelout said:

I only weigh 173ish and I would be really hungry on that # of cal's.  Are you pretty hungry at this deficit?

On and off.   Eating in a deficit always leaves me hungry at some point in the day.  Because I'm at a deficit.  By definition not giving my body all the calories it wants throughout the entire day.  There's going to be hunger on a deficit some times.  If you're never hungry, you probably aren't on a deficit. 

But I'm not suffering hunger pangs all waking day long.

Today, for example, I made a chicken sandwich with extra chicken on the side and a couple of large glasses of 0-cal flavored water, as a breakfast.  Came out to 609 calories and 93g of protein.  I wasn't the least bit hungry for a few hours after having that.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

May 9

Morning Weight:  187.0 lbs

Est. sedentary TDEE:  2110 cal

Deficit (-750) target:  1360 cal

Bonus Exercise Calories: +300

Final Target: 1660 cal

Calories Eaten: 1669

Protein Eaten: 119 grams

Food Eaten

chicken sandwich

more chicken

Snickers bar

cereal

Hot Pocket

saltine crackers

Squats

• 30x 5f
  • 80x (1:00) 4f
  • 120x (1:15) 3d
  • 140x (1:15) 1d
    • 158x (1:15) 5c
    • 158x (3:15) 5c
    • 158x (3:40) 5c

3-sec Paused Bench

• 80x (2:00) 5f
  • 115x (1:00) 3d
    • 138x (1:30) 5d
    • 138x (2:15) 5c
    • 138x (2:00) 5d

Stiff Leg Deadlift

• 190x (7:15) 3d
  • 220x (2:00) 2d
    • 242x (6:00) 5c
    • 242x (3:45) 5c

Comment:  And that brings us to the end of my barbell work for a bit.  Likely through the rest of this challenge.

Chinups

• BWx (8:40) 8c
  • BWx (3:30) 6c
  • BWx (7:50) 7c
  • BWx (4:30) 6c
  • BWx (5:00) 7c

Close Stance Squats

• BWx (1:40) 10d
  • BWx (4:15) 10d
  • BWx (6:15) 10d

Tiger Bend Pushups

• BWx (14:00) 5c
  • BWx (7:15) 6c
  • BWx (12:30) 6c
  • BWx (3:00) 6b
  • BWx (5:15) 7b

Comment:  The first few reps of each set were actually true Tiger Pushups.  Straight plank form, no hip Bend.  I didn't do it on purpose.  My body seems to be naturally shifting into the higher level progression as my forearms get stronger.  Kinda cool.

Started Training: 3:52pm

Finished Training: 6:13pm

Total Training Time:  2 hours 21 minutes

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

3 hours ago, Hazard said:

Comment:  And that brings us to the end of my barbell work for a bit.  Likely through the rest of this challenge.

Why is this the end?  (Probably explained above somewhere).

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Yay time for little Hazard! Sending lots of positive vibes to you and Mrs. H. :) 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

May 10

Morning Weight:  187.4 lbs

Est. sedentary TDEE:  2112 cal

Deficit (-750) target:  1362 cal

Bonus Exercise Calories: 152 (extra walk)

Final Target: 1514 cal

Calories Eaten: 1513

Protein Eaten: 115 grams

Food Eaten

chicken

Hot Pockets

Nestle Crunch bar

Peanut Butter cups

saltine crackers

Relaxed Waist:  36.94 in

Exhaled&Contracted:  36.01 in

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

3 hours ago, Ripple said:

Sending good vibes for safe travels and good health for all of you. Becoming a parent is an epic adventure unto itself. <3 

3 hours ago, Alexandrite said:

If more hospitals had visitor gyms, am I right? Good luck, prayers for the upcoming Little arrival!

1 hour ago, peelout said:

Wishing for the best.

20 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Yay time for little Hazard! Sending lots of positive vibes to you and Mrs. H. :) 

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Thinking of y'all! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

33 minutes ago, karinajean said:

Thinking of y'all! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

Thinking of you too!   For the next minute or so anyway. :P

We just arrived at the hospital a little ago.  Mrs. H is having a nice big breakfast here in the cafe.  Getting ready for the delivery-marathon!

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Fingers and toes crossed for you guys! 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Hi Hazard!

Wow, I missed a lot. Wish I had been around for more of the buzz, but you seem to have handled it well. Let me know if you need anything while you guys are here in Atlanta. I am not that far from Northside (where I assume you are), and know a thing or 2 about babies. ;)

Hoping all goes well...

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, elsfaire said:

Hi Hazard!

Wow, I missed a lot. Wish I had been around for more of the buzz, but you seem to have handled it well. Let me know if you need anything while you guys are here in Atlanta. I am not that far from Northside (where I assume you are), and know a thing or 2 about babies. ;)

Hoping all goes well...

Midtown for delivery.  Choa for surgery.    We've got Mrs. H's sister here for a couple of days, and my brother and niece coming for a few days after that.   So we've got a few minions around.  Thanks for the help offer!  I'll keep it in mind if something arises.  

Right now we're just chillin'.  Induction process has begun.  Mrs H had me pop in a DVD to entertain her while we wait.   She's mostly sadface right now because they won't allow her to eat anymore.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Midtown for delivery.  Choa for surgery.    We've got Mrs. H's sister here for a couple of days, and my brother and niece coming for a few days after that.   So we've got a few minions around.  Thanks for the help offer!  I'll keep it in mind if something arises.  

Right now we're just chillin'.  Induction process has begun.  Mrs H had me pop in a DVD to entertain her while we wait.   She's mostly sadface right now because they won't allow her to eat anymore.

Yeah, the not eating part made me sad this last time around too. Hubby tried to be strong and not eat as well but I told him not to be silly. Hoping things go well for her, I'm glad to hear they are letting her try to deliver naturally if possible!

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

• Like 2

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

17 minutes ago, Hazard said:

Oh yeah - Emory Midtown makes sense. Are you with Dr. Bootstaylor, by any chance? if so, you are in EXCELLENT hands.

If the induction is just starting and she can't feel much of anything yet, try to take a nap - both of you. Give you more energy for later. ;) The don't eat order is hard. Are they super strict about it in her case or can she have things like soup broth? No filling, I know, but it can help keep energy up.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, elsfaire said:

Oh yeah - Emory Midtown makes sense. Are you with Dr. Bootstaylor, by any chance? if so, you are in EXCELLENT hands.

If the induction is just starting and she can't feel much of anything yet, try to take a nap - both of you. Give you more energy for later. ;) The don't eat order is hard. Are they super strict about it in her case or can she have things like soup broth? No filling, I know, but it can help keep energy up.

No Dr. Bootstaylor so far.  Been through several attendings, a couple of residents, a slew of nurses.   Shift changes.  Yay.

I asked about broth. Thank you for that.  They let her have some back then in the afternoon, before they started playing with epiderals and other pain management medications. 

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano