• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Broba Fett

Broba Fett acquires a target.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's pretty awesome the way she walked it up her leg.

Agreed.  Monstrous strength. 

Last night went well.  We somehow convinced the bosses to buy us ribeyes to cook on the company grill so I got paid to grill for a good portion of my day AND got a free thick steak.

Today they bought everyone breakfast pizza.  I briefly considered taking a variance on it and then remembered that the fiance and I are checking out a potential wedding singer on saturday night and thus there will be drinking and likely bar food.  So saving up for that.

Cooked 4lbs of chuck steaks this morning before breakfast and broke it up into a bunch of containers along with some frozen veggies so I'm set for lunches/dinners for awhile.  Then had the smallest steak with a bunch of eggs for breakfast.

Lots of steak lately.  I'm sure my testosterone will be raging for awhile.  I'm just fine with this.

• Like 5

Oh!  Totally forgot to post measurements week over week:

Weight: 416.4 -> 411.7

Waist: 65.8" -> 65.4"

BF%: 42.8% -> 42.3%

Looking damn good.  Just gotta keep the train rolling.

• Like 5

On 11/5/2016 at 3:09 PM, Broba Fett said:

"Well when you're a professional athlete, you can eat pop tarts for breakfast too!"

i75YA6.gif

19 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Last night went well.  We somehow convinced the bosses to buy us ribeyes to cook on the company grill so I got paid to grill for a good portion of my day AND got a free thick steak

free steak? you can't get better than that :P

19 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Lots of steak lately.  I'm sure my testosterone will be raging for awhile.  I'm just fine with this.

Gaston+intensifies+will+make+you+healthy

169.gif

• Like 1

Middle of the "down" period of the week as I don't have another class until monday and I won't be able to go in for any strongman eventing this weekend due to my sister's undergrad graduation.

Blah.

So I decided to do a couple fit tests from the tracker my coach set me up with.  Went with 2 min air squats AMRAP, 2 min hand release pushups AMRAP, and plank for time.

2 min air squats:  40  (not sure how this compares as it's the first time I've done it.)

2 min pushups:  27 (up from 20 a few weeks ago!)

Plank:  31 secs (I'm guessing doing this right after 2 mins of pushups didn't help things.  Oh well, sets a good baseline.)

Feeling a bit glum/anxious today.  Hoping it fades as the day goes on. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Middle of the "down" period of the week as I don't have another class until monday and I won't be able to go in for any strongman eventing this weekend due to my sister's undergrad graduation.

Blah.

So I decided to do a couple fit tests from the tracker my coach set me up with.  Went with 2 min air squats AMRAP, 2 min hand release pushups AMRAP, and plank for time.

2 min air squats:  40  (not sure how this compares as it's the first time I've done it.)

2 min pushups:  27 (up from 20 a few weeks ago!)

Plank:  31 secs (I'm guessing doing this right after 2 mins of pushups didn't help things.  Oh well, sets a good baseline.)

Feeling a bit glum/anxious today.  Hoping it fades as the day goes on. 

Lifting Withdrawl Syndrome.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Lifting Withdrawl Syndrome.

I've decided it's either that or i'm going into and out of ketosis every week.  Dealing with some moodiness and stomach issues today on top of the previously mentioned mental state.

Diet since tuesday has consisted almost entirely of steak, eggs, cheese, frozen veggies (broccoli, green beans, carrots, & peas), and a protein shake per day.

Yeah actually, just went and added it up on MFP and it's 40-60g/day.  Well the excellent weight loss rate is making even more sense now.  We will see if my planned variance tonight helps at all and if not I'll see about adding some fruit next week.

• Like 1

Thanks much, things are trending up.

So cool story:  I ordered a pair of Asics cross training shoes as my fivefingers weren't holding up well.  Got them in a super weird blue/gray/neon yellow color that were super cheap (~$35) because idgaf.  (As should have been evident from the fivefingers.)

Well they seemed to fit well at first but as the day has gone on they started pinching my toes a bit.  Problem is I tore off the tags when they fit at first.  So I chatted Amazon Help and they offered to refund my purchase and I could just go ahead and keep the shoes.

I'm gonna assume that either these color shoes are VERY hard to sell or my association with Brogo is finally paying off.  Either way I'll be doing whatever I can to break in these (now) free shoes.

• Like 7

Are you trying to be in ketosis or are you thinking it is happening and you don't want it to?

Re: Shoes. In general I think most shoes are too narrow for people's feet. I think shoe companies design them to be more narrow because people (mainly women, but also men) don't want to acknowledge how wide their feet are or think wider shoes aren't as good looking. Shoes are more often designed for people with narrow feet. I have extra-wide feet, so I might be biased. But if you look at people in the summer in their sandals and see how their feet are bustin' out the sides of the sole, you'll see what I mean. 

I have two pairs of asics, one running (for walking) and one trail running (for hiking) and I ordered both in extra-wide. Probably the only time I've ever had shoes that were truly wide enough. ... those and the Reebok crossfit shoes, which are designed to have the toe box we really need! Those fit perfectly and aren't even wide width!!!

• Like 1

Are you trying to be in ketosis or are you thinking it is happening and you don't want it to?

Re: Shoes. In general I think most shoes are too narrow for people's feet. I think shoe companies design them to be more narrow because people (mainly women, but also men) don't want to acknowledge how wide their feet are or think wider shoes aren't as good looking. Shoes are more often designed for people with narrow feet. I have extra-wide feet, so I might be biased. But if you look at people in the summer in their sandals and see how their feet are bustin' out the sides of the sole, you'll see what I mean. 

I have two pairs of asics running (for walking) and trail running (for hiking) and I ordered both in extra-wide. Probably the only time I've ever had shoes that were truly wide enough. ... those and the Reebok crossfit shoes, which are designed to have the toe box we really need! Those fit perfectly and aren't even wide width!!!

I'm not really opposed to keto as I drop pounds like crazy while in ketosis. I just wasn't specifically shooting for it as the keto flu generally hits me pretty hard and those carb cravings have thrown me off a few times in the past.

Yeah I probably shouldn't have been surprised as my red wings are 14.5 wides. I saw those at such a cheap price and figured what the hell? Worked out ok I suppose. Worst case scenario they turn into fishing/mowing shoes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

I saw those at such a cheap price and figured what the hell? Worked out ok I suppose. Worst case scenario they turn into fishing/mowing shoes.

Yeah, both of my pairs of asics are colors I would never normally buy but where the style I wanted (I underpronate) and were at that $35 price point, so I thought, who cares what color? Ditto for my reebok crossfit lifting shoes. I typically wear all black or some grey to the gym and my crossfit TR lifting shoes are like a bright plum color with neon orange laces. ;) 

• Like 3

Went to class early today, deadlift day.

Warmup was working up to a heavy 3 thrusters with no delay. 95 wasn't a big deal but I felt sketchy trying to go over that. Those lifts with a lot going on at the same time confound me. Need to build me some skills.

Strength was deadlift 4x80% (280), 10 hand release push-ups, and ten ball slams. I even got to use the new 40lb slam balls. Got through 4 full rounds.

Conditioning was deadlift 8x30%, 10 box jump burpees (I did box jumps ), 12 wall balls for 20 mins. Then every 5 mins they interrupted us to do 50 jump ropes (RX athletes did some other bonkers shit). Slightly embarrassing moment where he stopped me as I have no coordination to jump rope so he had me jump back and forth over a line in the ground 50x. Made it through 4 rounds.

Shoes were much more comfortable when worn with the cheap cushioned socks I bought with them.

Making some time for a couple hobbies until it's time to fire up the grill and cook all my meat for the week. Watching last night's game of thrones and then going to video game it up. Probably try to finish MGS ground zeroes. Was thinking of fishing but I think the cold front we've had lately would make for a shitty bite.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Oh man, i HATE jumping real jump ropes! I do the thing on the floor too. (Whatever! It's still jumping!)

Been loving hearing all the awesome stuff you guys do over there in strongman world. Have fun with all the meat!

• Like 2

On 5/16/2016 at 2:45 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job getting through that WOD. Jump rope is an acquired skill, I'm still working on the acquiring.

On 5/17/2016 at 8:26 PM, ~RedStone~ said:

Oh man, i HATE jumping real jump ropes! I do the thing on the floor too. (Whatever! It's still jumping!)

Been loving hearing all the awesome stuff you guys do over there in strongman world. Have fun with all the meat!

19 hours ago, Agnarr said:

I feel you on the rope thing, man. The first time a WOD called for jumping rope I could't even string two in a row. 

Well I feel a bit less silly.  Thanks y'all.

Tuesday night got a call that my 96 year old grandmother is showing signs that her death will be coming soon (mottling, death rattle, roller coaster vitals, etc) so my life is off track a bit right now.  I left work early yesterday as it seemed she was going downhill.  Got to talk to her, tell her I love her, etc.  Hospice got there just before I left and gave her some morphine, which they plan to keep up until it's over.  Just a waiting game now.  Doc said it could be hours or days.  She's also faked us out multiple times in the past.  She's a tough old bird.

Trying really hard (and succeeding so far) to not let my feelings derail my progress.  Food has been on point and I went to class and completed the WOD today.  Going to go in for an extra day tomorrow and test my deadlift max.  This grandma helped raise me for several years of my childhood while my mom was in college so it's a tough one.

If I disappear for a few days it's to attend services.  I will try to be back as soon as I can to get keep you all updated.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost my grandmother last Thanksgiving. She helped raise me for a while when my mom was doing the single mom thing and going back to school. I was really grateful that I had one last visit with her a little over a week before she died... I played violin for her and she was briefly present with us (she had dementia and was pretty out of it by the end). Glad to hear that you got that time to visit with her. Sending love to you and your family at this time.

Sent from mobile.

1 hour ago, gingered said:

(she had dementia and was pretty out of it by the end)

That's how it is with mine as well.  For the last several years there was only a small chance she'd recognize you and an infinitesimal chance she'd be doing well enough to actually hold a conversation.  Yesterday she was basically just laying on her back with her eyes wide open and gasping the whole time I was there.  :(

It was tough to see but I'm really glad I got to speak to her about a few things and tell her I love her before they put her under.

Thanks for your kind words.  I really appreciate it.