• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Broba Fett

Broba Fett acquires a target.

I just recently changed my name to Broba Fett a month ago and then was informed that someone else had used it sometime in the distant past but had abdicated it.  So I may not be the Broba you're thinking of but I'm happy to have you along either way.

Ah, this makes sense! Oops. Well it's still an awesome name, and I will still follow for Strongman awesomeness!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

That video was a special gift from me to you.  Not to be shared with others.  We've talked about this.

The world deserves to see it.  You know that, deep down.  ;)

• Like 1

Fun morning today.  The fiance gets up for work around 4am so I'm generally responsible for getting her daughter up and off to school.  On Fridays her grandpa and I switch weeks for taking her to the bakery down the street for a fresh donut.

Since it was my week and the bakery is about a half mile away we walked down.  Correction:  we played "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back" parkour all the way down.  It was made very fun by the old blacktop in one parking lot, leaving hundreds and hundreds of cracks.

It must have been amusing to anyone driving by to see a ~420lb 6'4" man and 7 year old girl tiptoe-running across a parking lot and waving their arms trying to get their balance. 

On the way back I challenged her to two "to the end of the block" races and got a couple sprints in.  Going to do a 2 minute air squat fitness test tonight when I get home from work as well.

Food was good last night and this morning.  Everything is going well.

Too well.....

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Since it was my week and the bakery is about a half mile away we walked down.  Correction:  we played "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back" parkour all the way down.  It was made very fun by the old blacktop in one parking lot, leaving hundreds and hundreds of cracks.

It must have been amusing to anyone driving by to see a ~420lb 6'4" man and 7 year old girl tiptoe-running across a parking lot and waving their arms trying to get their balance. 

~:D~:D~:D ~

• Like 1

Following along again for more awesome crossfit strongman craftsman goodness!

Good stuff spending time with the little one and making some fun exercise out of it :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Following along again for more awesome crossfit strongman craftsman goodness!

Good stuff spending time with the little one and making some fun exercise out of it :)

Glad to have you along.  It was fun for sure and I guess she told her mom all about it last night so it seems like she was entertained as well.

Yesterday went well.  Getting through work today and then massive cookout with the first tasting of my homebrew.  I am very ready for it.

• Like 3

Homebrew was a success, food was delicious, I was drunk. Twas a good night.

Got mother's day festivities today and I'm going to try my hardest to get to open gym to try an event or two this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I love the "turn anything into exercise" mentality! That's how I'm basically viewing lawn mowing and work errands that have me running all over the building. I think I need to borrow my friends' children for some outdoor adventures! ;) 

• Like 1

I think I need to borrow my friends' children for some outdoor adventures!  

It works out really well since they actually have imaginations. Try telling a 43 year old accountant that the black top is lava, see how that goes.

• Like 1

Let the challenge begin! With deadlift day no less.

We had a group of mostly newer people today so we skipped skills to do one of those cheesy ice breakers with a twist: we each told one truth and one lie. If the group guessed correctly we did 5 burpees. If you fooled then the entire group did 5 burpees. I managed to almost fall on my face in front of everyone but was able to laugh at myself a bit and not get too embarrassed.

Strength was 5 deadlifts at 70% (265 for me), 20 lunges, and 10 dumbbell clean and presses. (25s) I got through 4 full rounds, which was our goal.

RX challenge was McGhee cut down to 15 mins, which I scaled. 5 deads at 40% (140) into 13 hand release push-ups into 9 box jumps (I did step ups). I got 3 + 21 and felt pretty good about it.

Eating chicken and veggies with the fiance to end the night.

Tomorrow I'm giving blood at work so my fiance (the former phlebotomist) has informed me that I'm not allowed to restrict my eating as I've had issues with dizziness in the past when donating. So i'm taking tomorrow out of the record. However I will still be trying to make good choices.

Hope everyone had a good mothers day weekend. I'll get caught up with all of you tomorrow in front of a computer.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Let the challenge begin! With deadlift day no less.

We had a group of mostly newer people today so we skipped skills to do one of those cheesy ice breakers with a twist: we each told one truth and one lie. If the group guessed correctly we did 5 burpees. If you fooled then the entire group did 5 burpees. I managed to almost fall on my face in front of everyone but was able to laugh at myself a bit and not get too embarrassed.

Strength was 5 deadlifts at 70% (265 for me), 20 lunges, and 10 dumbbell clean and presses. (25s) I got through 4 full rounds, which was our goal.

RX challenge was McGhee cut down to 15 mins, which I scaled. 5 deads at 40% (140) into 13 hand release push-ups into 9 box jumps (I did step ups). I got 3 + 21 and felt pretty good about it.

Way to crush a workout!

• Like 1

Homebrew was a success, food was delicious, I was drunk. Twas a good night.

Got mother's day festivities today and I'm going to try my hardest to get to open gym to try an event or two this afternoon.

Dude, this made me laugh :) I would like to try some of this Homebrew one day!

Glad you had a good weekend man and way to destroy day 1

Wolf

On 5/10/2016 at 9:13 PM, Agnarr said:

Way to crush a workout!

On 5/10/2016 at 9:47 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job on the WOD.

On 5/10/2016 at 9:52 PM, Wild Wolf said:

Dude, this made me laugh :) I would like to try some of this Homebrew one day!

Glad you had a good weekend man and way to destroy day 1 emoji1591.pngemoji1320.png

Wolf

On 5/10/2016 at 10:14 PM, Alaysia said:

What an awesome first day!

On 5/10/2016 at 11:09 PM, gingered said:

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

giphy.gif

On 5/10/2016 at 6:42 AM, Jarric said:

Great start mate!

Thanks all.  I love how much you guys are willing to jump in and give a little support even when stuff is super crazy for me and I suck a little at keeping up with your threads.  It's much appreciated.

Gonna get a quick update in before I get mired in work:

Blood donation went swimmingly yesterday.  Smoothest it's ever gone.  The last time I got dizzy because I was eating a pretty low calorie diet at the time and the time before that they stuck me twice without getting me to flow.  I'm assuming my fiance's advice based on her background is what helped it along this time.  Ate plenty of calories/carbs to keep my blood sugar up and must have drank 2 gallons of water in the 12 hours preceeding my draw. 

Taking yesterday as one big variance.  Fiance told me I wasn't allowed to feel guilty about eating but it's hard not to.  Taking a variance on it lets me feel at least a little better.

Today was bench day at the gym:

Warmup was some high knees and skipping intermixed with burpees and hand release pushups.

Strength was 5 sets of bench at 75% (135 for me, more on that later) as fast as we could.  If we finished before the time was up we spent the rest of the time doing sets of DB curls and box dips till we had one left in the tank. 

Wednesday workout challenge was 11 sumo deadlift high pulls (to your chin), 9 v-ups, 7 seated DB presses (Which I found out are named Z presses after Zydrunas Sivickas. Bitchin.), and 5 cleans.  I did 5 rounds plus 9 reps with prescribed "fitness client" weights (75lb BB, 20lb DBs). 

Time to me to increase some weights.  Most of the maxes that I have tracked for use with WODs were cut off due to time and aren't my actual maxes.  (For example, when we tested deadlift they started me with 95lbs and we worked up from there.  When we ran out of time I was pulling 335lbs for 3 reps no problem so Coach just told me to record it as 350 for now.  Same with bench and squat.) I need to actually test them.  The problem I face with that is getting in to the gym when they're open and I don't have a class.  I shall think on this further.

I also am going to try to push my weight on the conditioning WODs a bit as long as I feel confident with every exercise involved.  For instance, I could have done the high pull deadlifts and cleans at a higher weight.  Have done multiple sets of 5 on axle cleans at 120.  I mean don't get me wrong I still got my ass kicked by what I did but the performance athletes with the "RX" weights and movements were getting 4-5 rounds in.  I think every time I'm getting up there with them at my current weights it's time to up it a bit.

One other funny moment from this morning happened when our coach for the morning (VERY strong woman who just got 3rd in her class at the freaking ARNOLD CLASSIC for amateur strongwoman and got her pro card) was eating a pop tart.  Some guy in the class gave her some shit for it and her response was "Well when you're a professional athlete, you can eat pop tarts for breakfast too!"  

I'm really beginning to love this gym.

Food's been good.  Weigh-in and measurements are tomorrow.  I'm excited to see what the waist is at!

• Like 5

One other funny moment from this morning happened when our coach for the morning (VERY strong woman who just got 3rd in her class at the freaking ARNOLD CLASSIC for amateur strongwoman and got her pro card) was eating a pop tart.  Some guy in the class gave her some shit for it and her response was "Well when you're a professional athlete, you can eat pop tarts for breakfast too!"  

I'm really beginning to love this gym.

I wanna be like her when I grow up! :)

• Like 1

Thanks all.  I love how much you guys are willing to jump in and give a little support even when stuff is super crazy for me and I suck a little at keeping up with your threads.  It's much appreciated.

<3 

And so glad you're still loving the gym. Sounds like it's a great fit!! @Broba Fett is crushing it!

• Like 1