Tishnicden vs. Herself: The epic never ending battle

This time around....

• I will lose 3lbs (Scale)
  • I will go for a 5 min walk daily, be it down the road and back or chasing my own tail in the living room. (Fitbit)
  • I will forgive myself when I inevitably mess up.
  • If I must snack in the evening, I will limit it to veggies, or a veggie smoothie (NutriNinja) (Logging on MyFitnessPal)
  • I will get a minimum of 30 minutes of activity 3x/week. (MyFitnessPal/Fitbit)

Level Up My Life: I will do (Wash, Fold, Put Away) the laundry at least once/week

Weekday Mini Challenge - Every bathroom break I will do a 10 reps of a body weight exercise. (Wall push-ups one day, lunges the next, etc)

• Like 5

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Thanks. I've been slacking on the domestic rangering. I figure if I make it one of my goals, hopefully I will get it done more often than not. Kinda tired of having a laundry pile the size of Mt Everest :lol:

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Really great goals all around. I especially like the greasing of the groove mentality you've got planned for the weekday mini challenge. I'm with you on the laundering side of things. More than once I've had to empty the laundry basket of clean clothes so that I could put dirty clothes in it so that I could do the laundry. Looking forward to see how things go for you this time around. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

On 5/6/2016 at 5:49 PM, Jormungand said:

Really great goals all around. I especially like the greasing of the groove mentality you've got planned for the weekday mini challenge. I'm with you on the laundering side of things. More than once I've had to empty the laundry basket of clean clothes so that I could put dirty clothes in it so that I could do the laundry. Looking forward to see how things go for you this time around. 

Thanks!! I'm really trying to not over do things and get discouraged by "easy" tasks, because I think I have learned (learnt?) that if I pile up too much, it won't get done. hahahaha My laundry is proof of that! Oh, and I love Pavel! That's awesome you caught that. I work at a school, so I am off all summer. I am doing the little super repetitive things until I can lift heavy when I'm not working.

Side note: I am looking for several different body weight exercises that I can do in a bathroom. lol I will take any and all ideas.

9.gif

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

❚█═══════█❚

Simple and efficient goals, with a focus on Domestic Rangering.  Respect!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

1 hour ago, tishnicden said:

Side note: I am looking for several different body weight exercises that I can do in a bathroom. lol I will take any and all ideas.

They do exist - bathroom workout

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

5 minutes ago, Jormungand said:

They do exist - bathroom workout

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Why I didn't google for myself is beyond me.

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

❚█═══════█❚

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm a little leery of working out in the bathroom, given that working out often requires taking deep breaths...

hahahahaah!!! I seriously have ZERO time for anything. I'll take a workout where ever I can.

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

❚█═══════█❚

I love your set of goals.  Laundry likes to get the best of me too!  The only things I could ever think to do in a bathroom stall were squats, wall push ups, and side bends.  If you come up with more, let me know, I am totally interested in trying as well.

I really like your forgiveness goal.  I feel like we all tend to be a bit too hard on ourselves! 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2016 at 3:43 PM, tishnicden said:

hahahahaah!!! I seriously have ZERO time for anything. I'll take a workout where ever I can.

For someone with zero time, you have done an excellent job outlining the important stuff.  Your goals are designed really efficiently.  You will get it done!

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

On 5/10/2016 at 7:21 AM, lilbichy said:

I love your set of goals.  Laundry likes to get the best of me too!  The only things I could ever think to do in a bathroom stall were squats, wall push ups, and side bends.  If you come up with more, let me know, I am totally interested in trying as well.

I really like your forgiveness goal.  I feel like we all tend to be a bit too hard on ourselves! 

Thanks! The link that @Jormungand posted was helpful for the bathroom workouts. Squats, sink push ups, and tricep dips. I am also including different variations of lunges.

This week is going great, actually. It's been nice weather here, so I have gone for a 15 min walk in the morning and evening. I have been tracking my food (goal from the last challenge) much more accurately. The first couple days are always hard when starting something new, but I am getting into the swing of things and feeling very good. Week 2 and 3 have a history of being rather rude to me, though.

• Like 2

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

❚█═══════█❚

2 hours ago, tishnicden said:

Thanks! The link that @Jormungand posted was helpful for the bathroom workouts. Squats, sink push ups, and tricep dips. I am also including different variations of lunges.

This week is going great, actually. It's been nice weather here, so I have gone for a 15 min walk in the morning and evening. I have been tracking my food (goal from the last challenge) much more accurately. The first couple days are always hard when starting something new, but I am getting into the swing of things and feeling very good. Week 2 and 3 have a history of being rather rude to me, though.

I know week 3 is usually rough on me.  =)  We got this though! 

Nice weather is always a plus!

• Like 1

I am glad to hear that there was something to that workout. It seemed pretty quick and dirty, but sometimes those are the best types. Nicely done incorporating the lunges. If it were me, I'd probably put down a fuzzy bath mat over the bathroom's linoleum to save my knees. 

Keep up the good work. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

This just in: Lunges are evil. Pretty sure I am dying..

I-think-Im-dying.gif

• Like 4

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

❚█═══════█❚

So far, so good! Bring on week 2!

• Like 2

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
| FOOD ️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

❚█═══════█❚

Following along. I love your goals especially the one about forgiving yourself when you mess up. I need to work on this myself. Do you have a favorite veggie smoothie? I just bought a blender and totally need to work more veggies into my diet. 

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I lied last time when I said I was following along. That problem has been fixed. I am now following along, I swear! How did week 2 go? 

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers