Working on chest up. 

Bench:

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 65

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 3 at 115

3 x 5 at 135

2 x 3 at 135, darn it.

Working on 'shoulders in back pockets'.  Starts tight, lose it at rep 3 when I breathe.  Shoulders are ending up hunched by rep 5, and I lose all that support.  I end up just muscling it up for the two reps, which is way harder and ugly.  

Skipped dB row because I was in a funk and unwilling or unable to deal with fighting all the people for room.  Sometimes I just don't have the energy to be "on" when I just want to get my dang lifting done.  (To be fair, much of these feels may be self-afflicted.)

I seriously love lifting, but I still get very stressed out and hyper body conscious at the gym.  I'm so happy that my lovely husband is building me a home gym.  

• Like 9

It is so perfect that you guys can do that together! I've been trying to subtly get the man interested (LOL don't think it's gonna happen), but that would be just about the best scenario ever - the only gym buddy you ever need right in your own home? Sounds like an awesome solution :) (All those other people at the gym are just the worst anyway :X)

I'm still amazed by your bench, that's more than twice what I struggle to muscle under! You'll get to that effortlessness we all crave :D 

• Like 5

Every time I head out to the shed, if SO ( Hairy ) is home I ask him if he wants to join me. If he ever says yes I think I would have a caniption!

Still a tidy little work out! 

• Like 2

I really want a home gym too. It is in the plans but other financial things keep happening. I wanted to plan to get it for both of us this year, we would chip in. (We live together.) He likes to lift but not at the gym and so he hasn't since he moved in. He just goes to the gym for cardio. I'm hoping we can save up for next year though. Better a home gym next year than never!

• Like 5

I'm loving my home gym! My old labmates got my rack for me off of Craigslist as a graduation gift, because they're awesome. The only thing I don't really have is a platform, so I have to be very controlled with my deadlifts.

I also try and convince my husband to lift with me, most of the time to no avail. Wouldn't that be perfect though? I did get him to do the warrior's challenge with me, mostly because it was 25 min. and all arms, haha.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2016 at 3:48 AM, evabo said:

She was 'mirin, you were 'spirin! Most excellent.

This is my favorite! 

23 hours ago, gingered said:

I'm loving my home gym! My old labmates got my rack for me off of Craigslist as a graduation gift, because they're awesome. The only thing I don't really have is a platform, so I have to be very controlled with my deadlifts.

I also try and convince my husband to lift with me, most of the time to no avail. Wouldn't that be perfect though? I did get him to do the warrior's challenge with me, mostly because it was 25 min. and all arms, haha.

Your old labmates win at LIFE.  That's the best gift ever! Well done, guys, well done!  Platforms are relatively easy to build, at least allegedly.  Squatcake and Roo built theirs. I bet they'd lend you their info.

I want a home gym, but first we need to buy a home... so, ya know. 

Boyf lifts but we don't lift together. I don't really play well with others :( 

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 10:41 PM, ~RedStone~ said:

I'm still amazed by your bench...You'll get to that effortlessness we all crave :D 

Thanks!   As soon as I get one goal, I immediately want the next.  

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 5:27 AM, SevenofSeven said:

Every time I head out to the shed, if SO ( Hairy ) is home I ask him if he wants to join me. If he ever says yes I think I would have a caniption!

Still a tidy little work out! 

Haha.  My hubs asks me to run all the time.  Umm...thank you  but no.

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

Better a home gym next year than never!

Yup!!!  The hubs has pics of our progress over on his thread.   It's been a long time coming...

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 2:22 PM, gingered said:

Awesome! Extraordinary lab mates!

7 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it took my SO a good couple years after I had been lifting to get into it! it's great to have that buddy. hope tuesday was less funk-ish for you!

Aw, thanks - it was much better. 

4 hours ago, Hermione Gainser said:

I want a home gym, but first we need to buy a home... so, ya know. 

Boyf lifts but we don't lift together. I don't really play well with others :( 

Small steps, eh?

Yeah, I feel ya, there...

• Like 4

Today, in pounds:

Squat

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 115

5 x 5 at 135 

OHP 

2 x 5 at 45 

1 x 5 at 65

1 x 5 at 85

2 x 4 at 100

2 x 3 at 100

1 x 1 at 100 oops. :abnormal:

DL

1 x 5 at 135 

1 x 5 at 185

1 x 5 at 205

1 x 5 at 220 - PR! :-)

(I'm almost to 2 plates per side! Soon!)

• Like 11

On 5/17/2016 at 10:00 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I seriously love lifting, but I still get very stressed out and hyper body conscious at the gym.  I'm so happy that my lovely husband is building me a home gym.  

If I didn't have my home gym (WIP), I probably wouldn't lift. Some of the stories people tell about here would just make me rage quit on the whole concept, at best.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NatetheStrong said:

When are you going to try to add that next 5 lbs to your Deadlift? It drives me crazy to stop just short of milestones like that.

220*5 is awesome, by the way.

Monday!  

Thanks - I am pretty stoked.  :-)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Monday!  

YOU GOT THIS! YOU ARE A BEAST. :devilish:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Monday!  

AWESOME! Sending lifting vibes your way!!!

23 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Very nice Deadlift PR! :eagerness:

Thanks!   ;-)

22 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Yeah DL! And that ohp. Sheesh! emoji16.png

OHP was a little wonky...lost tightness a few times. 

20 hours ago, Stonefist said:

If I didn't have my home gym (WIP), I probably wouldn't lift. Some of the stories people tell about here would just make me rage quit on the whole concept, at best.

Some gum days are certainly better than others.   Can't wait for the gym to be ready! 

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

YOU GOT THIS! YOU ARE A BEAST. :devilish:

Rawr! 

10 hours ago, evabo said:

Boom!

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

AWESOME! Sending lifting vibes your way!!!

Excited! 

7 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Awesome! So close to lots of milestones! :D:D funny-gif-Watson-you-go-girl.gif

I remember a time in the fairly recent past when 135 was huge for me!  I can't believe that I have gotten as far as I have.   It's really exciting for me.  

(Also - I'm assuming the white space is a pic?  ;-))

Thanks,  guys!

• Like 7

On 5/18/2016 at 11:26 AM, Hermione Gainser said:

Your old labmates win at LIFE.  That's the best gift ever! Well done, guys, well done!  Platforms are relatively easy to build, at least allegedly.  Squatcake and Roo built theirs. I bet they'd lend you their info.

Yes, yes they do. My bestie organized it, and told everyone that I wanted a squat rack. They were like, are you sure? (Especially my graduate advisor, lol). My bestie was like YES THIS IS WHAT SHE WANTS WE MUST GET IT FOR HER. She's amazing. Originally it came with a female bar, so I upgraded to an Oly bar recently from the used sports equipment store. Sometimes I miss bumper plates. But working out at home is the best. And the Uni gym is really nice but hella expensive if you're not a student anymore. My city gym is cheap but only has one rack and one platform, so you wait a lot.

I might have to try building a platform. My husband is very handy and could help. There isn't a ton of room though because it's in the 3rd bedroom and not the garage. It is fun to drop the bar after you last set of deadlifts, heh.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, suzyQlou said:

Looks like that gym is coming along quickly!  How's your summer schedule looking?  Are you going to be at home to enjoy it?

I just realized all the spare time ED will have to work on the gym!  What better way to get strong for the gym than to build one!? 

My weekends are looking wide open now!

the goonies corey feldman sean astin goonies martha plimpton

5 hours ago, gunslinger_25 said:

I just realized all the spare time ED will have to work on the gym!  What better way to get strong for the gym than to build one!? 

My weekends are looking wide open now!

the goonies corey feldman sean astin goonies martha plimpton

So.  Silly. 

If I built the gym it would look like Homer Simpson ' s bbq.