[black daiquiri] I've got to move it, move it!

Well, now that baby’s almost 2 months, it’s time for me to get cracking.

Recovering from a c-section is a pain (ha!), but I’m past the recovery stuff and need to get moving. My main, overarching goal for this round is to work on being able to sit on the ground with my new babe without falling over or backwards or landing with a thump. Some of this is related to my current lack of flexibility and stability and some (a lot) of it is related to my physical shape after baby. My second main goal is to prepare for the Insane Inflatable 5k coming up in June. It’s probably unreasonable, but it would be awesome if I could do better this year than I did last year. (Last year, we walked most of it… but most of it was the heat… 5k over inflatable obstacles at 11:30am in July in 90 degree Midwest heat… yeah… >.>)

To head to that goal, I’m going to continue my previous challenge activities of walking and hydration. But I’m going to change it a little.

Move

I need to get moving. Period. Full stop. I will move 5x each week. This will involve some combination of walking and yoga. For example, 3x walk-2x yoga, or 2x walk-3x yoga, or something similar.

Bonus: Integrate short jogs during walks. DO NOT JOG WITH STROLLER ON CRAPPY SIDEWALKS.

• +1 for each movement, additional +2 for any jogging I integrate

Hydrate

Water is so important but I am so horrible with drinking enough. I need to keep working on this one because I’m baby’s food source, plus, with all the moving, I need to stay hydrated and replenish. Aiming for 8 glasses per day in addition to anything else I drink. This goal is not to wean me off of soda, it is only to increase my water intake.

• +1 for each 8 oz

Balance

In order to not fall on my butt or continue the roll backwards when I sit on the floor with my baby’sassin, I need to get my balance back. Using my balance board and foam pad and the exercises I learned last year, this is one I can definitely do 5x a week.

• +1 for each 20 minutes of balance work (balance board mini squats, foam pad single leg stands, and toe jacks pick up)

Prehab (formally PT)

I will keep working on my hand and wrist stretches, but my points will come from my previously-learned exercises that help strengthen my legs in preparation for jogging and in getting ready for the Insane Inflatable 5k (plus, running in general). Since I have a variety of exercises to choose from, I will choose 1-2 exercises 5x a week.

• +1 for each day
  • Like 3

Assassin

**Challenges**

Current Challenge: Black Daiquiri is Wonder Woman

Battle Log: Black Daiquiri battles the pink robots

Previous: 1514 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 76 | 5 | 4 | 321

Thanks! I was pretty non-mobile during my pregnancy due to some pretty bad SI joint issues, so while I was lucky I didn't gain a lot of weight, I basically need to start from scratch as far as the exercise goes. And since I had shin splints pretty bad a couple years ago when I started running, I want to make sure I build the habit back up slowly so I can *avoid* them this time around. :D

• Like 1

Assassin

**Challenges**

Oh man, great goals! Best of luck to youuu! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Got my new running shoes over the weekend. Adidas pureboost X. I read an article at the beginning of the year about a study Adidas did on women's feet and how they differ from men's when running. I'm super intrigued by this, (enough to buy some pretty expensive shoes!) and, since I needed a new pair this year anyway, figured I'd give them a go.

Wore them over the weekend for a walk/jog and, initially, they felt like I was walking on marshmallows. Serious. Super soft and comfortable. The top is basically a soft mesh and the little trapezoidal shape between the laces is see-through so you customize the color of your shoes with the colors of whatever socks you happen to wear that day. During the walk/run, my feet and arches were getting a little sore, but I think most of that is because I rarely wear shoes since I work at home. (I really should just put on my "new" walking shoes each morning for daily support......)

dZ7v7n8i_sGb_ImwEHxpR2AaZpYrJoJsZjHvBO_L

My walk was good. I got in a few tiny jogs - each about a small side of a block. Biggest problem was my lower back. When I was about 5 minutes from home, my back started tensing up (or it just got tense enough I noticed) and - hoo boy - walking up the 5 steps of my porch was killer. I did about 10 minutes of cool down back and leg stretches with a big glass of water before going inside and, later that night, had husband slather my back and the backs of my legs with biofreeze. Pretty sure if I hadn't done those things, I wouldn't have been able to walk the next day.

I am still a bit achy from that, but that's why I added yoga to my movement challenge. That and weather. Today's a rainy, glum day, so there will be yoga this afternoon to get in some nice stretching and movement. I also had an epiphany this morning. I can do my monster walks and side steps while walking the baby around the living room as I've had to do a bit more often lately. :D Yay!

• Like 3

Assassin

**Challenges**

The new shoe transition period is always a little awkward but they sound awesome! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Managed some yoga last night. Ended up doing it closer to 9pm than my original time of 2pm. >.> But I still did it! And I definitely need to keep doing it. My lower back is just a mess of knots and tight muscles. :( Though, something exciting happened - I could touch the ground! That's even better than I could do before I was pregnant last year! lolwut body? :D

I really need to talk to my husband about me feeling guilty when I take time for myself. It's not that I don't think he's capable of watching the potato, it's just that when I'm *not* taking care of him, I feel like I should. Like everything I do, right now, should revolve around taking care of him. And part of me recognizes that taking care of me is taking care of him, but it's really hard at times. So, I need to communicate (very important part) that I need his active support with my fitness rather than passive support.

Today, I think we're all going to go on a walk this afternoon if the weather cooperates.

But for now, it's time to clean the baby's butt. :/

• Like 1

Assassin

**Challenges**

wFALvDYf4EZXy.gif

Signed up our team for the Insane Inflatable 5k finally. @tourennatrix and I have been trying to find time to adult enough to get the team started so we could all get our tickets and let our other team members know the deets.

Can't wait!

MtxD5bSNcxN2E.gif

• Like 2

Assassin

**Challenges**

It's been a few days... Mostly because during the day, I'm busy with baby and can't computer or Chromebook much and in the evening, all I have is my phone and I don't like typing long messages on it... 

Status update. Ended up at physical therapy twice this week. Once for continued assistance for my hands and once for this painful thing my hip has been doing (my deductible is done for the year, so I'm taking full advantage of my pt). 

My hands seem to be going back and forth between better and not. And my pt's recommendation about my hip was no jogging/running/training stuff until I'm done nursing. She thinks I unintentionally strained it due to a combination of my hypermobile joints and that damned relaxin hormone.  >.<

Bummed doesn't begin to cover it. 

So, between that and the crappy weather, I didn't walk Thurs or Fri, but I did get in another yoga session Thurs night, plus a long one today with sister. (sadly, I didn't remember to enter my time for my short walk to her house *or* yoga into the spreadsheet tonight...) 

My water intake was kind of all over the place and I didn't really do much rehab stuff this week. Next week's got to be better, right? 

• Like 2

Assassin

**Challenges**

Aw, bummer about the PT recommendations, but it's good that you are getting these things looked into, so hopefully healing will come sooner rather than later. This week is a new week, so you will rock it! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

I keep reminding myself that taking care of me is important - both for me and the baby - even if it means taking things slower than I'd like. :P

Yesterday was beautiful, so I spent at least 1.5 hours outside working on my "flower" bed. It only has one, beautiful flower (Columbine with three blossoms) and a miniature rose bush in it and the rest is a couple varieties of sedium covering and mulch. So, nothing exciting, but I'm expanding it a bit to change the shape. This means I needed to dig out the stupid creeping charlie that's all over our yard (husband dislikes grass, so doesn't care that there's stupid creeping charlie all over creeping into my flower bed. >.>) and also dig up the rock border to shift it out to the new edge.

Soooo much bending and half squats and leans. o.o  I only managed to clear out about a 1/3 of what will be the new area, got the weed mat in place, and laid out two bags of mulch before my back said "if you bend over one more time, you'll end up on your face because I quit."

Today, I'm full of DOMS which makes it uncomfortable when having to pick up baby, but it's all good because those baby smiles are the best.

• Like 3

Assassin

**Challenges**

Oh yes, gardening and yard work takes its toll, but it sounds like you got a lot done. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

Weather's looking to be nice again tomorrow, so I may try to take peanut outside with me and get some of the wedding done (stupid creeping charlie). I know I won't be able to do a lot just because he's still so young and needs lots of frequent attention, but I can hopefully get some done while we both her some fresh air. :)

Even though my flower bed is lacking in flowers, I still enjoy the hard work and the end results. ^_^

Assassin

**Challenges**

Fresh air, yes! 

Raptron, alot assassin

4 hours ago, tourennatrix said:

Lol wedding for your flower bed.

<3

Love you sister :P

I don't even think I can blame that typo on my phone. >.>

XD

• Like 1

Assassin

**Challenges**

My app dropped my sub! But I found my way back! Good goals right there for sure, and I'm excited to hear about the 5k itself, sounds like it'd be fun [emoji2]. And don't feel down of physical situations kept you from walking. If it's legit then you can't feel bad for letting your body heal. I'm the last person who would take that advice though so I know it's hard lol. Just know that PT is a form of workout so you're simply replacing some walks with some recovery workouts, like the Gatorade of exercises lol. Two months post part in is still no joke! And you're doing so much already! I'm about 3.5 months post c section and let me tell you, it gets better lol. Didn't seem like it would for me weeks ago but man when you suddenly feel it happening is one hell of a good moment that only expands as time passes. Don't let anything get you down, the fact you're even trying puts you miles ahead! Always remember in harder times "this too shall pass" and it really always does [emoji4]

• Like 3

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Went for a stupid walk today. I mean, it accomplished what I meant to do which was walk, but walking is sooooo boring. >.>

Fenyx - I needed that. It's been a rough week and I am totally feeling down. Husband's been traveling for work. Baby decided that for two days he was having nothing to do with bottles, so I had to be available for every feeding which made for some frustration. Daughter tried helping as much as she could, but when I'm the only one who can feed the baby it limits how much others can do. I'm feeling that stress of having to arrange everything around someone else's schedule. Shower? Well, is the baby asleep? If no, is there someone who can attend to the baby? Yoga? same. Walks? same, unless bringing the baby. Store? Yep, the same.

know this is how it is with a new baby, and I'm ok with it overall, but it does make it hard. Husband, while he's here, does so much to help - when he's not working, he'll grab me snacks or drinks or wash the dishes, do laundry, cook dinner. But, that means that it's mostly just me with the baby from 7am-11pm. Rinse and repeat.

And, I'm bummed about the inability to add jogging because walking is so blah for me. Running used to be to until I started with Zombies. Having a story to distract me from the physical effects of running - and a good story - helps so much. I don't have that when I'm walking. And if I don't have my husband/daughter/sister walking with me, I just get so bored.

I tried yoga three times yesterday with little success. The third time, I just sat in my exercise room and took 20 minutes to just have a cry until my daughter popped in and we talked. :/  I didn't get outside for my yard work. I'm fighting the feelings I'm getting about my body shape and the feeling that I can do little about it. I'm not even considering any sort of diet, but I do need to cut back on some stuff because I know I've been overeating. I'm just sooooo hungry lately! I know this is likely related to breastfeeding, but I'm sure it won't do me any good to gain weight from eating all the foods.

Mostly, I think I'm just tired, understandably. And this is definitely a bummer of a post.

But, I walked.

• Like 2

Assassin

**Challenges**

I think ZR while walking would make me want to run and then I'll be sad about not running. You tried the Walk, right? How was it? Good story stuff? Distracting enough? Thinking about maybe getting audible versions of books for walk times.

unrelated... I'm sitting next to a snoring baby and it's super adorable.

• Like 1

Assassin

**Challenges**

I'm sitting next to a snoring baby and it's super adorable.

I was just telling a hairdresser at the salon (first haircut in 7 months) that when my baby smiles at me or my children are adorably sleeping, I want more. When they are screaming, crying, and demanding so much of me I am totally done with wanting more kids.

Let's call it like it is: you are definitely experiencing some postpartum depression. It is nothing unusual or serious unless you let it keep going as your "norm." All moms experience a transition in hormones around 2-3mo postpartum especially, that can be really challenging. And baby is hitting a growth spurt at 3mo that will make them demand more feedings and their habits might change as well because of the new developments.

But beyond the science of it all? It is freaking tough to be the life support of another human so dependent on you, not just physically but emotionally. It does get easier, and the needs shift, and you will have more space and time and physical ability to do more. It is okay to cry about things now. I probably cry at least once a week if not more currently (we are doing exclusive breastfeeding and mornings from 2-6am are the hardest for me). But I get a hug, I get a bite of chocolate, I watch a funny video, I forgive myself for not having my crap together all the time or not being able to do stuff. I start over the next day, or the next hour.

We are here to support you and listen. Hugs from over the internet.

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

• Like 2

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31