• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Fleaball: Battle Kitten Rising

As I post this, there are 116 days until I do a Spartan Sprint with couple of other Nerds, because peer pressure. I'm looking forward to it but I'm also dreading it at the moment because while I don't expect to destroy it as a newb, I am literally in the worst shape of my life right now. tl;dr shit happened and it felt like everything got out of control. And then I snapped and decided fuck it, I'm taking back control.  There are still a lot more question marks in my life than I'd like, but now that my first year of grad school has wrapped up, it's time to get cracking!

Goal 1: Spartan prep 

• c25k Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
  • YAYOG Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
  • Continue ankle rehab: alphabets, 4 resistance band exercises twice a day

Goal 2: Eat like a grownup

• Limit eating out/takeout to twice a week
  • Eat 1 vegan meal per day
  • Try a new tofu recipe every week because there's too much of it in my pantry

Goal 3: Act like a grownup

• Ease bedtime back by 20 minutes each week so I'm going to bed no later than 10:30 by the end of the challenge
  • Get out of bed when the alarm goes off instead of dicking around on my phone for half an hour
  • Go to bed when I feel tired instead of staying up for no reason
  • Spend at least half an hour a day looking for jobs and send out at least four two resumes every week

Goal 4: Chill the fuck out

• Meditate every morning
  • Write in journal 3 times a week
  • Drink green tea or hot water with lemon instead of coffee, except on days I have to be up/especially conscious super early

Subject to change. Clearly I picked up a case of "do ALL the things!"

Fancy spreadsheet

• Like 12

Bonus goals:

• do yoga
  • spend 20 minutes a day working on Spanish, French, or Arabic
    • watch TV/movies in one of the the above languages wherever possible
  • use lynda.com to learn a new skill WordPress and HTML (at least an hour a week, probably a summer-long goal)
  • read all the articles I downloaded for various papers but never actually looked at
  • apply to volunteer at the humane society once I get a job and have a schedule

Zero week goals:

• clean my room done 5/6
  • vaccum the rest of the house done 5/6
  • scrub out the shower done 5/4
  • return books to campus library
  • actually take some mystery shopping jobs done 5/5
  • Like 9

Hooray, new challenge!

Hey, doesn't it work if you just cut up the tofu and put it in the pan with a few veggies? That's what I do with chicken. And beef. And sausage. And rice, and pasta. And sometimes other veggies. :D Just season with fresh herbs and seeds & voilá: a meal to make all nerd fitness nerds proud of you!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2016 at 11:42 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Oooh, recipe time! I like this sesame-crusted tofu recipe! Also pita pockets filled with tofu cubes covered in bbq sauce, peppers, and onions is super yummy. 

Mystery shopping seems like it would be really fun! You have all sorts of cool goals this challenge. 

Noted. Thanks! 

You'd think it would be, but I've looked at the questionnaires and they're fucking long.

On 5/4/2016 at 4:33 AM, zenLara said:

56458522.jpg

YEAAHHHHHH!

On 5/4/2016 at 7:18 AM, RES said:

the_happy_dance_by_steverowlands.gif

I feel like I haven't seen this gif in forever. I kinda missed it. 

On 5/4/2016 at 7:38 AM, Sylvaa said:

Yay new challenge!

pRrbAPM.jpg

BTW, apparently cat armor is real? Who knew!

Is it really? That's bizarre. Now I want to buy it for my parents' cats just to torment them.

On 5/4/2016 at 8:18 AM, Bookworm_Tess said:

Hooray, new challenge!

Hey, doesn't it work if you just cut up the tofu and put it in the pan with a few veggies? That's what I do with chicken. And beef. And sausage. And rice, and pasta. And sometimes other veggies. :D Just season with fresh herbs and seeds & voilá: a meal to make all nerd fitness nerds proud of you!

Ugh, no. Plain-ish tofu is the bane of my existence.

On 5/4/2016 at 8:49 AM, ScoutSays said:

Following along!!! :) 

Welcome!

On 5/4/2016 at 1:48 PM, Countess D'If said:

BATTLE KITTAH : ATTACK!!!!!

980x.gif

RAWWWWWWR ATTACK!

• Like 3

Things I have done today:

- scrub the shower

- clean the toilet

- fix a doorknob

- partially clean my room

- sell some textbooks online (what a scam)

- GET A B+ IN THE CLASS I WROTE A 20-PAGE PAPER FOR IN TWO DAYS HOLY SHIT. no feedback on the paper yet but it must have been pretty damn good for a B+ omg. I'm dying right now.

• Like 8

And a 94 on my terrible terrible stats paper that I wrote on Sunday??! What the actual fuck. 

Okay. No one let me attempt a PhD because I will clearly try to write 100 pages the day before it's due.

• Like 4

You're awesome! I'm following you. Congrats on all your good grades coming back. I've felt the same way as each of my courses finish and I check my final grade. Hopefully... it keeps happening. I'm about to take my anatomy and physiology final and I have my nursing concepts final on monday!

• Like 2

Battle Kitten, GOOOOOOO!!!

giphy.gif

Awesome job on those papers! That's great news :) And great job on already destroying all your week 0 goals.

Good luck with doing all the things this challenge. I'm seriously impressed with how much you've put on your plate (and a little worried, to be honest ;) ), especially regarding those two resumes each day (are you sure you mean each day and not each week?). I hope you'll manage to get on top of the job hunt quicker than I did :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Briniel said:

Battle Kitten, GOOOOOOO!!!

giphy.gif

Awesome job on those papers! That's great news :) And great job on already destroying all your week 0 goals.

Good luck with doing all the things this challenge. I'm seriously impressed with how much you've put on your plate (and a little worried, to be honest ;) ), especially regarding those two resumes each day (are you sure you mean each day and not each week?). I hope you'll manage to get on top of the job hunt quicker than I did :D

Thanks! I know I'm doing a lot and tbh I'm kinda expecting it to be a bit rough at the beginning, but I'm looking at it more as "by the end of the challenge this is what I want my day/week to look like" rather than "I'm going to do this every day from day 1." I'm still going to attempt them all but the first week I'll be a little lenient. Right now I have no other responsibilities though (school's done til fall, no job atm) so what better time to reset my routine? I did mean two resumes a day, mostly because I have a shit ton of jobs and internships bookmarked to apply, but I was looking at it this morning and yeah, I might cut it back to one a day or 3 a week or something. No sense in applying to jobs I'm not excited about just for the sake of hitting my goal, right?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Thanks! I know I'm doing a lot and tbh I'm kinda expecting it to be a bit rough at the beginning, but I'm looking at it more as "by the end of the challenge this is what I want my day/week to look like" rather than "I'm going to do this every day from day 1." I'm still going to attempt them all but the first week I'll be a little lenient. Right now I have no other responsibilities though (school's done til fall, no job atm) so what better time to reset my routine? I did mean two resumes a day, mostly because I have a shit ton of jobs and internships bookmarked to apply, but I was looking at it this morning and yeah, I might cut it back to one a day or 3 a week or something. No sense in applying to jobs I'm not excited about just for the sake of hitting my goal, right?

Right. And you also want to make sure the applications for the jobs you ARE excited about are spot on. But I'm so looking forward to seeing you rock this. I loved reading about your burst of motivation last challenge (or rather burst of screw-this-it's-my-life-and-I-have-the-power-to-change-it) and I can't wait to see it in action :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Briniel said:

Right. And you also want to make sure the applications for the jobs you ARE excited about are spot on. But I'm so looking forward to seeing you rock this. I loved reading about your burst of motivation last challenge (or rather burst of screw-this-it's-my-life-and-I-have-the-power-to-change-it) and I can't wait to see it in action :)

Haha I can't wait either. That attitude kinda took a backseat to finals and then recovering from them this week, but I didn't actually lose it. I am all about changing my shit and it's exciting. (And terrifying but hey.) Glad to have you cheering me on!

• Like 1

Blargh. Still waiting on a grade from one class and it's driving me crazy because grades were due in two days ago. >> Technically I won the paper wars, grade-wise, but overall I feel like I got my ass kicked. Mostly it came down to procrastination and poor planning. And probably overestimating myself/underestimating the time things would take. Luckily there's no reason I should have to do two semesters worth of work in one ever again, so time to move on. 

Got all my Zero Week goals done except for returning books to the campus library. It's about an hour away via public transportation and the weather's been shit, plus I've been in a miserable mood, so I had zero desire to actually go out and do it. They're due back by Wednesday so it will get done next week regardless. But the house is clean and I signed up for some mystery shopping stuff so go me.

Bonus goals: Started Duolingo again yesterday. Supposedly I'm 26% fluent in Spanish, but pfft. I didn't realize I'd actually completed the Spanish tree at some point, so that was a surprise. Need to keep working on it and find other ways to practice. And find ways to do French and Arabic. Meh. Just clarfied another goal instead of leaving it vague too. Baby steps. I was about to sign up to volunteer at the Humane Society today instead of waiting til I get a job, but I sent them an email first to see how long the shifts are and how flexible they can be if I get a job and need to change my schedule. There's conflicting information about it on different parts of the website. :\ It would be nice to have something to do instead of sitting around all day waiting for someone to call me about a job. 

Changed my resume goal from 2 per day to 4 per week. It's going to be interesting trying to remember to start the challenge tomorrow. But with the exception of needing to go buy lemons at some point, there's nothing that should get in the way of my completing any of my goals. Except for me. But the point of all this is to stop getting in my own way, so woo. Let's do this.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bsummers said:

I love your goals, and how you structured this challenge. Keep up the awesome work, and congrats on your grades!

Thanks! :)