• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Fleaball: Battle Kitten Rising

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

A sudden epic breakout has informed me that I'll be bleeding very soon. At least that explains the funk. 

Being a woman is ALL glamour I tell ya. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Owlet said:

Being a woman is ALL glamour I tell ya. 

So much. Gotta love it. 

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

Spreadsheet doesn't look too bad to me; if it works for you then it works, you don't need more than that.

True. I kept playing with it and it's not terrible at this point. I just got it in my head that I wanted it to look super fancy, except I don't have a clear picture of what that means or know how to do some of the fancy stuff. Maybe I'll add "learn excel" as a bonus goal next month or something.

Blargh. Stayed up too late last night watching Legends of Tomorrow. Took Benadryl bc I was having trouble falling asleep. Woke up at 1:24pm. Had to jump out of bed again because I had to shower and book it to campus to do a bunch of things. I feel vaguely pleased about getting that stuff accomplished finally, but also still stressed about it all even though it's done because there was so much rushing around. And slightly sick because I left without eating, got a protein smoothie once I got to campus, and then inhaled food when I got home two hours ago because I was shaky and starving. Meh. It's only 8:30 and I'm ready for bed though. Toying with the idea of just going to bed as soon as my sheets are out of the dryer. We'll see. 

Oh here's a fun thing. I emailed my academic advisor yesterday to find out why one of my incomplete grades hadn't been changed. She said that because someone else graded my work instead of the actual prof (this is the guy who's busy dying of lung cancer), the advising office has to petition various deans' offices to let someone else change it? Or something? And in the meantime, I check my grade today and womp, it changed to an F, probably because no one updated it in the alloted timeframe. I'm really glad I sent that email or I'd be having a heart attack right now. Way to go, school. Way to go. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

And in the meantime, I check my grade today and womp, it changed to an F, probably because no one updated it in the alloted timeframe. I'm really glad I sent that email

Ouf, thanks you got the info first.

• Like 2

Haha damn that's my trick - always running late and not having time to eat until it's too late and then inhaling everything in site... I will never learn. Bit yay that you got stuff done and yay that you emailed about your grade and avoided a nasty surprise! I can only imagine the heart palpitations it might've caused otherwise. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

KITTEN-IN-BED.jpg

Hang in there! Also, jealous because I want to be in bed.

Lol totally wasn't in bed when I posted that. Actually had to get up and do shit at a reasonable hour today. But so far this week has just been one of those "if I close my eyes the world doesn't exist, right?" I think it's mostly hormonal. PMS usually doesn't hit me too bad, except every few months it will randomly knock me on my ass. Not regularly enough for me to anticipate it, of course, because that would be too helpful. 

• Like 5

So a month later I find out that I get to keep my car! Huzzah! Apparently they mailed a check to me this week to cover repairs, but I'm confused because it's more than I thought my car was worth. Until I get the check I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. Like I asked what happens if I take it somewhere and they determine it needs more work (because 10 days before the accident I had it checked out and it was totally in the clear, so anything that's fucked is a direct result of this moron) and the guy was like "uh... just wait until you get it and see what it says and then you can call back and talk to the adjustor." :rolleyes:  But my friend's mother's boyfriend has a shop about an hour from here, so once I know what the deal is I'll probably have her talk to him about it and yay, less money. She volunteered it, actually, so I could save some money on it. i'm not gonna say no if it comes down to that. 

Also signed up for a summer class so I can get summer financial aid, which takes the pressure off finding a job immediately. Still looking for a job, but without the finaid I'm at the point where if I didn't find something by the end of the month I'd have to settle for bagging groceries or something just to pay my rent. Which would not help in the long run, because I need a job/internship related to my field in order to graduate. So. I found a temporary position I want but I have no idea how it will work out. Biggest drawback is that you need a Letter of Reference, and of course I found the thing today and the deadline is Monday. Already emailed the prof I research assistant-ed for and crossed my fingers. Finally heard back from an internship I applied for and I didn't get it. Boo. 

Still bombing the challenge on most fronts. Not pleased with myself. However my mood in general is improving so I might actually be able to force myself to do shit. The 5k I was supposed to run is on Saturday. It still pisses me off that they cut you off at 45 minutes. That's such shit. So I'll be going at ass o'clock in the morning to pick up my goddamn tshirt and then walking/c25k-ing home, probably. It's 2 miles from here which isn't terrible, and if it winds up being too much I can get a bus from pretty much any point along that route. My ankle doesn't seem to be very happy with the exercises I'm doing either. 

Rawr. Off to work on that resume and do more adulting things. I don't like it.

• Like 7

Good news on the car! It's not actually that uncommon for cars to be an insurance write off over their actual value (particularly for cheaper cars) because a. mechanics often charge more if they know it's going through the insurance, b. cosmetic damage costs a lot to repair and the insurer would have to do that (whereas you have the choice to just leave it dented) and c. because it saves the insurer a lot of paperwork. My last car cost me £250, and when someone went into the back of me I got the car back and £350. Cost me £27 to fix so was all a bit of a win.

Glad you're mood is improving too, sure it'll get you back on track with the challenge goals soon enough :)

• Like 2

Yay car news! Heck,you might even make a profit out of this! Think of it as compensation for all the stress and inconvenience heh. Fingers crossed for ya. My first (and only)car got stolen a few years back, but honestly they did me a favour. It was on its last legs (I probably should've checked the oil far more frequently doh) and the insurance payout was definitely more than it was worth by that point. I kept hoping the police would find it at the bottom of a cliff or something epic but alas it was never seen again.

Any news with the reference letter? Those things are such a pain to get. Beats packing groceries though. I always opted for cafe jobs cause at least then you get free coffee. 

How's the running stuff going? Still loving the neon-as-shit shoes? Glad your mood is improving, it's a battle sometimes eh. 

Good luck with the adulting!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

On 12.5.2016 at 0:31 PM, Briniel said:

Why am I not following you yet!? Fixed that. Will catch up later, I have work to do :P

On 13.5.2016 at 4:42 AM, NeverThatBored said:

NF chose to drop me from your thread. I wondered why I hadn't seen your updates in a while! 

Mystery solved. Glad to hear you'll get your car back (and moneyz!! maybe?). Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get that application and reference letter out in time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Owlet said:

I kept hoping the police would find it at the bottom of a cliff or something epic

This cracked me up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zenLara said:

This cracked me up.

I cracked up imagining how pissed off the thieves must've been when they realised just how shitty my car was :P 

• Like 3

*checks update stream*

"Hmm...something is missing. Something doesn't feel right. Where's fleaball??"

NF unfollowed me from this thread AGAIN. It's not Nerd Fitness without you! I hope everything's going well. 

• Like 3

On 5/13/2016 at 7:04 PM, Owlet said:

Yay car news! Heck,you might even make a profit out of this! Think of it as compensation for all the stress and inconvenience heh. Fingers crossed for ya. My first (and only)car got stolen a few years back, but honestly they did me a favour. It was on its last legs (I probably should've checked the oil far more frequently doh) and the insurance payout was definitely more than it was worth by that point. I kept hoping the police would find it at the bottom of a cliff or something epic but alas it was never seen again.

Any news with the reference letter? Those things are such a pain to get. Beats packing groceries though. I always opted for cafe jobs cause at least then you get free coffee. 

How's the running stuff going? Still loving the neon-as-shit shoes? Glad your mood is improving, it's a battle sometimes eh. 

Good luck with the adulting!

giphy.gif

Ngl, I've been hoping someone would just steal the damn thing off the street but that didn't happen. I got it for free so anything is a profit lmao. Reference letter was acquired. My first job was bagging groceries (they hired at 15.5 vs the 16 years old most places did) and I went back to that store few times during/after college to work because they knew they didn't have to train me. I still fucking hated it because the store was a shitshow (I worked my way up to shift supervisor and it was miserable). But meh. I did work at Starbucks for a bit but I fucking hate the customers because they're all so damn entitled.

Literally every job I've ever had has been some kind of customer service and it's hilarious to me because I hate people.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:03 AM, Briniel said:

Mystery solved. Glad to hear you'll get your car back (and moneyz!! maybe?). Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get that application and reference letter out in time.

Yes to all of the above! I'll elaborate in a bit because I'm realizing how much I hate posts with all kinds of quotes in them.

On 5/16/2016 at 3:40 AM, zenLara said:

Haven't heard of your in a couple of days. How are you doing?

I live!

On 5/16/2016 at 4:18 PM, NeverThatBored said:

*checks update stream*

"Hmm...something is missing. Something doesn't feel right. Where's fleaball??"

NF unfollowed me from this thread AGAIN. It's not Nerd Fitness without you! I hope everything's going well. 

hahaha well it's not like you missed much since I wasn't around to post random shit. =P I do not approve of NF constantly booting you though. 

6 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Grrrrl! You better get your sexy tuchus back in here

Do I get a reward? =D

1 hour ago, Owlet said:

Just going to dump these here to lure Flea back

tumblr_n0f9fy7ukp1s0xjvpo1_400.gif

large.gif

kitty_doghead_crush_TOO_BIG.gif

Holy shit I want pancakes now. And those are the cutest gifs ever.

40 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I guess the kitten gifs worked!

I felt them in my soul.

No, weirdly enough I was thinking to myself that I should probably suck it up and come back here, and in the next minute I get a text from @RES, and it was pretty much at the same time the kitten gifs appeared. So bizarre.

17 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

Can you shove chicken in my face, too? I'm STARVING!

#Notsexualjusthungry

It was really terrible chicken and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Sorreh. (I should not be allowed in a kitchen ever.)

• Like 3