Fleaball: Battle Kitten Rising

fleaball

Flea: lol challenge fail not gonna work out

flea: *goes on epic cleaning spree*

Flea: *does YAYOG and can't feel arms anymore*

Flea: *gets phone call to pick up car halfway through workout, meaning even with a shower I will feel gross and sweaty because I won't have time to physically cool down. And will also get stuck on post-holiday traffic fml*

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

17 hours ago, Owlet said:

I keep thinking it's week 4. It really ought to be week 4, I feel like this challenge is dragging.

So I was lying in bed last night, drifting off happily, when it suddenly occurred to me: it's week 4. I'm an idiot. Haha oh dear. Last week I spent a whole day reminding myself that it was wednesday, not thursday. It was thursday. Well I guess this is the beginning of the end eh guys. Next week I won't remember who I am or what I'm doing.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Owlet said:

So I was lying in bed last night, drifting off happily, when it suddenly occurred to me: it's week 4. I'm an idiot. Haha oh dear. Last week I spent a whole day reminding myself that it was wednesday, not thursday. It was thursday. Well I guess this is the beginning of the end eh guys. Next week I won't remember who I am or what I'm doing.

Fwiw, since I do my weeks Monday-Sunday I was assuming you meant the week ending yesterday. Totally wouldn't have questioned you =P

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Flea: lol challenge fail not gonna work out

flea: *goes on epic cleaning spree*

Flea: *does YAYOG and can't feel arms anymore*

Flea: *gets phone call to pick up car halfway through workout, meaning even with a shower I will feel gross and sweaty because I won't have time to physically cool down. And will also get stuck on post-holiday traffic fml*

Good job on doing to workout anyway though! How is the car?

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

9 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Good job on doing to workout anyway though! How is the car?

I forgot what my last car-related update was so sorry if I repeat myself. Got totaled but I got to keep it bc it was literally cheaper for them not to take it. Friend's mom's bf picked it up last week to work on. Fixed it all up, replaced shocks that I apparently needed, and gave it a full paint job. Apparently he told her mom all that work would retail for $6k but if I understood him right yesterday he's only charging me $1350? Because he's treating me like he would my friend. Even if I misunderstood and it's $1350 on top of the 2k I already gave him (my friend and I are both confused) my car is shiny and in one piece and driveable again so I'm sure as hell not gonna complain. :) Now I just have to be ridiculously careful so it wasn't for nothing. Apparently in DC there's a 100% chance of getting into an accident at some point. Hopefully I've fulfilled my quota and it does t happen again. 

I also get to drive 50 miles on the highway tonight in traffic and possibly rain, when I literally haven't driven in 6 weeks except to shuffle my car from one side of the street to the other for street sweeping. Should be fun. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Glad it's all back in one piece then :) . The drive will be good to check it's all running properly anyway, even if the weather's grim!

• Like 1

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

2 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Glad it's all back in one piece then :) . The drive will be good to check it's all running properly anyway, even if the weather's grim!

lol the problem with the rain is that no one here can fucking drive. One drop and the highway comes to a standstill. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh, that sucks. In that case get some music on in there and have a private dance party while stuck in traffic ;)

• Like 2

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Welp. 

Good news:

• Did not get stuck in traffic. 
  • It didn't even fucking rain despite the sky turning pitch black as soon as I hit the road.
  • Can feel my arms again. (Slightly afraid for tomorrow though.)
  • Did not wind up as sweaty and gross as I expected post-shower. 

Bad news:

• When he said $1350 for everything, he meant on top of the $2k I had given him. (Which neither my friend nor I had thought of, because she was as confused as I was when she saw $1350.) So the whole thing cost exactly what the insurance company gave me. Which is fine, I didn't get to keep any of it but I also didn't lose anything. 
  • Except that my front suspension is fucked to hell thanks to 14 years of shitty New England winters and rock salt. So that all needs to be replaced. ASAP. Part of me wanted to ask why he didn't just call and tell me that and try to do it before I picked up the car, but it was a little too late for that. 
  • So I drove 45 miles home cringing at every bump and pot hole, and will have to make the same trip to him later to get it fixed. Technically no, I don't have to go back to him, but given that I went to the only AAA-recommended mechanic in DC a week before the accident to have a general checkup done and they either didn't notice or didn't say anything, I'm not entirely confident in them. (Yes, there are other mechanics in the city, but these guys were also one of the highest-rated on Yelp blah blah whatever. And none of my friends drive so I can't ask anyone for recommendations.) 
  • He couldn't give me an estimate off the top of his head but said he'd text me one at some point. According to my friend suspensions are like $1-2k (retail price) depending on the car, and she's assuming he won't charge me full price. So that's not completely terrible, because I get student loan money in 3 weeks. Ish. And he said after that all I need to do is keep up with the oil and the brakes (ie regular maintenance) and the car will be good as new. 
  • It's 10:47 and I should be getting sleepy and going to bed, but I'm still wired from having to rush post-workout to shower/get to the train station/etc etc. So no sleep in my immediate future. 
  • I also didn't get nearly half the shit done that I wanted to do today because the whole car-fetching business took about 4 hours. at least it's a legit reason for not getting anything done, but still. 

K. Off to play Kingdom Hearts.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Also I have a single bug bite (I assume) that was probably from a mosquito when I picked up the car, but my brain immediately went THE BED BUGS ARE BACK!!! Which makes no sense bc I didn't use or touch anything today that I hadn't previously determined was bug free. Fuck this. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm so mad the Warrior Dash has no convenient locations in the future. @Sylvaa this is all your fault. I want a goddamn fuzzy helmet. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

It is 4:30 am. I am annoyed beyond belief that several car-related issues that I had no control over then or now apparently fucked up my day so badly that I can't sleep. It's gonna be a hell of a day. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Car issues suck.

I am sending positive vibes to help you get through today Flea!  

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

Nice job working out!! That actually happens to me a lot - I completely give up on doing something, and then immediately turn around and do it. It's like your mind just wants to be contrary. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Finally managed to get to sleep arond 730 this morning. Got about 5 hours total and definitely feeling it. Also feeling yesterday's workout. I'm trying to convince myself to go for a run when I move my car for street sweeping since I'll have to put on a bra anyway, but I'm not seeing any open spots. Worst case I get up early to move my car and run then instead. Followed by YAYOG. It's fucking with my schedule but whatever. It was nice and cool this morning between 5-730, so there's no reason not to get up and do it. 

Also hey, just signed up for volunteer orientation at the Humane Society. It's at 11am Saturday which means it's going to be a pain in the ass, but yay. According to the FAQ once you've done the orientation and then done training for whatever job you pick, you can start volunteering. Whee! Kitties for meeeee. (I hope I get to play with the kitties. I think I also put I'd do admin and data entry shit. Which, okay, doing that would help my resume a little. But I want to play with kitties.)

I had other things to say but my brain refuses to cooperate. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Leg day sucks. 

ETA: there are literal puddles of sweat surrounding me right now. And I'm totally going to need to rearrange my schedule. As it is rn I have c25k and leg day both on Saturdays. No way is that even possible. I went downstairs to grab a package and almost didn't make it. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Here just to check how you are
But I have literally nothing to comment, maybe because I'm feeling so sleepy

Have a great week Flea

I'm not a Native English speaker, so please bear with any mistakes and gently point them out for me :smile:

Intro & Log

Study Hall (Accountabilibuddies)

STR:8   -   INT:17   -   WIS:15   -   DEX:11   -   CON:7   -   CHR:15

(Stats from AD&D Quiz) 

New plan: If I'm gonna work out in the middle of the day, make sure there's food to eat afterward. By the time I cooled down and was ready to eat, I realized I was starving. The pasta I wound up making isn't the worst thing I could have, but it's not what I wanted. 

11 hours ago, Butternut said:

Car issues suck.

I am sending positive vibes to help you get through today Flea!  

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

And you are welcome!

Next summer! We'll figure out to look amazing by then and run around in our sports bras like bad-asses. 

Fuck yeah. If it were longer than a 5k I would be up for traveling to some of the fall ones. But they're all pretty far away and since I'll have classes then I can't really justify the time/expense for such a short race. Summer I would be doable though. (Oops did I just imply I might be up for longer races? Fuck.)

7 minutes ago, SirPrize said:

Here just to check how you are
But I have literally nothing to comment, maybe because I'm feeling so sleepy

Have a great week Flea

Hey dude! Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a thread this round? I couldn't find one. 

7 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Nice job working out!! That actually happens to me a lot - I completely give up on doing something, and then immediately turn around and do it. It's like your mind just wants to be contrary. 

That always seems to happen to me with challenges. Can't get myself to do a damn thing to save my life, and then when I call it I suddenly want to do it. :rolleyes: If only there were a way to make goals around failing goals to trick myself into meeting those goals.  

Possible quasi-goal: get to a place where I'm happy enough with my appearance to risk cutting my hair super short. I've been told I'd look good with a pixie cut and the idea has been lurking in the back of my mind for a while, but thanks to cutting my own hair while bored in class in first grade and the resulting awful bob to fix it, I've been afraid of short hair forever. Buuuut it turns out that what's left of my hair after the great exodus of 2016 is fucked to hell. Brittle and breaking and just ugh. The stylist the other day said the only thing to do it cut it off. So hey, there's a reason to try. But between fear of short hair and not being happy with how I look rn I wouldn't have the confidence to pull it off even if it looked amazing. Maybe if I get close to where I want to be weight-wise by the Spartan I'll consider it. 

So yesterday was arms (push/pull exercises) and while I had to improvise on the pull ones I did reasonably well. Definitely feeling it today but only in muscles I guess I don't normally use, and it's not terrible. Today was legs and ugggggh. My balance is shit (partially due to my ankle, I'm sure), I can't figure out how to do back lunges correctly, and overall I was a lot weaker than I expected to be. Womp. Only way to get better is to keep going though. Plan for tomorrow is to get up and attempt running. If my legs are busy being dead I'll just make it a half hour walk instead. Or walking might happen anyway because my chest feels a bit wonky rn so naturally I'm paranoid. It's probably nothing and my pulse is fine but I could also be doing too much too soon, both in terms of the shit last week and just in general. Maybe I'll try yoga tomorrow. 

Nothing of note has been done today aside from working out. Which is a big deal, sure. But between losing 4 hours yesterday to the car and not getting up until 1pm today/being dead tired, I'm super behind in things I wanted to do. Right now I'm gonna go shower and probably shave my legs. (It's literally been 10 weeks. Ran outside in shorts to move my car and it felt super weird when the breeze was blowing.) If I'm not ready to pass out after that I'll read for a bit. Yes, this sounds like a plan. 

Side note: bodies are fucking weird. I usually weigh myself every Sunday. Apparently I gained 7 pounds last week. I hoped it was water retention or something because that's insane. Weighed myself again yesterday for shits and giggles (I know it fluctuates every day so I'm not taking it seriously) and I'd lost 2.2 pounds in a day. Did it again today, I lost another 5? Like I said, I know better than to count on it, but jesus. Too bad there's no healthy way to actually lose 7 pounds in 2 days.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Hey dude! Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a thread this round? I couldn't find one. 

No, I don't really like to manage threads, I'm thinking about trying again in a few weeks, after the tests and such. But I'm still using Habitica, and still being productive :P

Until then I'm only updating at the Study hall, and checking on a few friends' threads.

Time to turn sleepy me into sleeping me, goodnight

• Like 2

I'm not a Native English speaker, so please bear with any mistakes and gently point them out for me :smile:

Intro & Log

Study Hall (Accountabilibuddies)

STR:8   -   INT:17   -   WIS:15   -   DEX:11   -   CON:7   -   CHR:15

(Stats from AD&D Quiz) 

25 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

You know my dear, usually people fall off the wagon in the later weeks, not climb back on and barrel through week 4!

I've always had problems following directions. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Holy shit that car business. I don't know whether to congratulate you or offer you a sympathy beer. Hope he gives you a good deal on the shocks, but it's weird that he just didn't text when he had the car and ask if you wanted him to do that too.

On the short hair thing: my hair was long, as in well past my shoulders, for a really long time (about...15 years?) and then last summer I chopped it all off and got a pixie cut. I love it. I was really nervous, but it ended up really suiting me (my stylist talked a lot about head shape, which apparently matters) and it's so convenient. Showers take half the time, and it's amazing for work and for rock climbing and general exercise. I like it, everyone I know likes it, and I'm very glad I did it. If you've been thinking about it for a while, I say give it a shot. You can always grow it back if you want. Only thing is make sure you get a stylist you really trust. With short hair a good cut is way more important.

Also, the feeling of wind on my legs when my leg hair is long is seriously the main reason I still shave my legs. It makes me shudder just to think about it. 

Sorry, I seem to just have a lot of random comments. I'm glad you're doing well on your challenge just to spite it. Screw you, challenge.

• Like 3

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
3 minutes ago, Severine said:

Holy shit that car business. I don't know whether to congratulate you or offer you a sympathy beer. Hope he gives you a good deal on the shocks, but it's weird that he just didn't text when he had the car and ask if you wanted him to do that too.

On the short hair thing: my hair was long, as in well past my shoulders, for a really long time (about...15 years?) and then last summer I chopped it all off and got a pixie cut. I love it. I was really nervous, but it ended up really suiting me (my stylist talked a lot about head shape, which apparently matters) and it's so convenient. Showers take half the time, and it's amazing for work and for rock climbing and general exercise. I like it, everyone I know likes it, and I'm very glad I did it. If you've been thinking about it for a while, I say give it a shot. You can always grow it back if you want. Only thing is make sure you get a stylist you really trust. With short hair a good cut is way more important.

Also, the feeling of wind on my legs when my leg hair is long is seriously the main reason I still shave my legs. It makes me shudder just to think about it. 

Sorry, I seem to just have a lot of random comments. I'm glad you're doing well on your challenge just to spite it. Screw you, challenge.

The only reason I can think of is that it's at least $1k and he assumed I wouldn't have it? Slash wanted to give me a heads up? Idk. 

Man, now would be the time to do it too, because of the shirt summer approaching. Ill let it grow out a bit more so there's more healthy stuff to work with. Thanks for the reminder to pile a good stylist though. The two times I've done it since moving here I've had lackluster experiences. My roommate loves her stylist but he's hella expensive, although I could probably be convinced to pay in a case like this. Or hell, if I decide to go for it and still don't have a job by then, I could totally go home for a few days to the stylist I love. My mother would shit a brick. Damn, now I'm fixating on this and kinda want it to happen. Even though I'm still terrified. Ack.

the thing is my hair is naturally thick and wavy and looks really pretty long. It's a moot point rn since it's all dead, but still. I know I can grow it out, and it won't grow back healthy any faster than if I don't chop it off, but argh. I told a stylist once that a friend said id look good with a pixie cut and she said "uh-uh, that person was not your friend." She was insulted on my behalf that someone suggested I cut it off. But again, it wasn't totally fucked at that point. 

Oops, thinking out loud here. 

I don't have anything against shaving, I'm just lazy. And also don't wear shorts outside/go swimming/anything else that would encourage it. So I just pretend I'm a gorilla instead. I do love the feeling of smooth skin though. If I ever hit the lottery I'm totally getting laser hair removal done. 

Please, this whole thread is all random comments. No judgment here

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi