• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Fleaball: Battle Kitten Rising

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

According to my advisor unofficial transcripts are "an internal tool to track students' progress" so no, there's no way to get it removed. Which, of course, was not explained to me when this shit happened. I don't know who else to talk to. It probably wouldn't do anything anyway. ugh. 

I'm sorry about that. At least you can give an explanation on it when doing your interviews? Or is something they look at before they call you? :( Why would they look at the unofficial record anyway?

Everybody hates burocracy and there are reasons enough for it.

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

BKR.jpg

You have pretty good numbers in journaling and limiting take-out. Why do you think it is like that? It was easier to do that than other things? Maybe you can start with those things that are already working (or maybe not, just a suggestion).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I'm sorry about that. At least you can give an explanation on it when doing your interviews? Or is something they look at before they call you? :( Why would they look at the unofficial record anyway?

Everybody hates burocracy and there are reasons enough for it.

You have pretty good numbers in journaling and limiting take-out. Why do you think it is like that? It was easier to do that than other things? Maybe you can start with those things that are already working (or maybe not, just a suggestion).

Not every place requires them, but if they do it's usually with the resume and cover letter. So I'll just add a short explanation in the latter. I think they ask for unofficial bc official doesn't usually show courses in progress? And also usually costs money and takes a few days to get, whereas unofficial you can just print online. 

Yeah journaling was easy bc it was only 3x a week, and also bc there are definitely times where I just need to sit and word vomit somewhere that isn't here. As far as takeout, meh. The first two weeks it was more because "shit I'm not going to be able to pay my bills if I don't get a job ASAP." So the motivation was saving every dollar I could. Now that lm getting student loans for my summer class that reason has gone out the window. It shouldn't be so hard to do but I loathe cooking so I usually take the easy way out. (Cooking takes too long, I'm not good at it, I don't want to go grocery shopping... All excuses that don't hold water but I still use them all the same.)

tl;dr those goals went okay because they had the strongest reasons behind them, I guess? Which means I need to keep at finding reasons to do the other things. (Spartan should be a good enough reason, but even though it's in ~2.5 months it's still far enough away not to feel that crucial.)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

tl;dr those goals went okay because they had the strongest reasons behind them, I guess? Which means I need to keep at finding reasons to do the other things. (Spartan should be a good enough reason, but even though it's in ~2.5 months it's still far enough away not to feel that crucial.)

But but but! You started YAYOG this past challenge, which is a huge step.

• Like 2

Super fucking late to the party, but wow I really love the Hamilton soundtrack.

Working on the battle log etc right now. I should go to bed but I want to get it done. But more important: I may have just asked a friend if she wants to run the Disney Princess half with me next year. Which happens to be 2 days before my birthday. This is becoming a theme. (Spartan is the day before my half birthday.) Someone save me from myself. 

Half-assed new thread.

• Like 4

Yay pole dancing! Dooo it! So much fun. I stopped going because it was too much effort to get to class on saturday morning (ie I wanted to sleep in lol) I guess I am 'good' with excuses too....

Battle log: sweet, do it! whatever works eh, I'm just here for the lols. Well and the encouragement, support, motivation and accountability. And cat gifs. All the cat gifs.

Academic transcript: balls. short explanation sounds like your best bet.

Challenge: well hey, you still did good with some of the stuff, and it's causing you to think and restructure so that's a bonus. You also didn't strip naked and go on a crazy rampage down the street (so far as I know..) so that's a win if you ask me ;) 

Good work, see you on the new thread wahoo!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

Super fucking late to the party, but wow I really love the Hamilton soundtrack.

Working on the battle log etc right now. I should go to bed but I want to get it done. But more important: I may have just asked a friend if she wants to run the Disney Princess half with me next year. Which happens to be 2 days before my birthday. This is becoming a theme. (Spartan is the day before my half birthday.) Someone save me from myself. 

Half-assed new thread.

I'd be up for a half. 

• Like 1

Interesting way to celebrate. Happy birthday...NOW START RUNNING! Whatever does it for you though ;)

Going to go find your new thread.

• Like 1