So, where do I begin?

I've never been fit in all of my 29 years of living. I can barely do ONE pushup (well, that's a lie, I've recently been able to do 3). BUT, I have been working out more just recently (five days a week for almost 2 hours doing an hour on the elliptical and SOME weight machines at my apt. complex's gym), simply because I had reached 205 lbs. More than ever, I want to LOOK and FEEL great. I've been bumping into all sorts of athletes, and each one tells me about the joys and awesomeness of weight training. I want to learn more about about it, I want the muscles. I want this more than anything. But I am such a weakling, you guys. Part of me doubts I can do it, but the other part tells me that I can. I'm trying to ignore the negative side.

I'm about to purchase the NerdFitness Rebel Strength Guide, and soak up each and every word. I'm also going to get myself a gym membership and try to work this uncomfortable feeling out of my system.

I've never joined a forum, but I thought I'd find others with the same interest as myself. Any words of advice and tokens of wisdom are greatly appreciated :D

Good luck! I'm new here as well (as I'm sure you can tell), but I know one of the biggest things you can do to achieve a goal is to ACTUALLY SET ONE! :) Sounds like you've done just that. I hope you stay here on the boards (just like I hope I do as well) and hopefully we can become Super Heroes just like the rest of the these people here.

Good luck! I'm new here as well (as I'm sure you can tell), but I know one of the biggest things you can do to achieve a goal is to ACTUALLY SET ONE! :) Sounds like you've done just that. I hope you stay here on the boards (just like I hope I do as well) and hopefully we can become Super Heroes just like the rest of the these people here.

Howdy Rooks! I appreciate your encouraging words!

I do hope we both stick around and learn more :D I'll catch ya around!

Hi! welcome :) I'm newish around here, as well. I can now do a few push ups in a row- real ones, too! I started like you, my apartment complex gym, cardio-ing my buns off (was training for a half marathon) after that I was like huh, now what? Nothing is more humbling than running 13.1 miles, feeling awesome, then seeing pictures of your arms, that you so sadly neglected.

Anyhow, welcome :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis