Making a permanent change.

Six months ago I started a weight loss journey. For me it was never about not being active. I've always been fairly active with sports and such, but my weight has always been a huge problem for me. It was when I hit 260 pounds that I just decided I have had enough. I've never been over 220 but I've never been under 180 since I was 16 (32 now) and it's always seemed that it never matter that I played sports and ran and hiked. The day after Thanksgiving, I decided to begin by counting calories and drinking nothing but water. I have lost 50lbs, but I've been stuck at 210 for the past 60 days. I've altered my calorie intake to "trick" my body, but it's not working. After doing some research I found these forums and began reading about the Paleo diet. 

I am doing this because I want to set the absolute best example I can for my oldest daughter who is five, I want live a long healthy life so that I am able to care for my youngest daughter, who is three and who has a rare genetic disorder, for as long as I am humanly able to. For less important reasons, I want to feel comfortable in my clothes. I want to evolve a lifestyle and not just another diet that has helped me lose a little but has ultimately just kept me at a stale mate again, which is very discouraging.

My biggest concerns are that I practically live off of coffee, at least a pot a day. Giving this up will prove to be the biggest challenge for me.

I am not the biggest meat eater and I am super picky when it comes to fruits and veggies. I can't stand the texture of some meats, steak and ground meats are a perfect example. I don't care for seafood, the smell and taste of it put me off. Making my diet lacking in this area, so any advice on how to spice up the meats I will eat will be very appreciated. 

I am allergic to tree nuts so this kind of eliminates a large portion of the snack family on Paleo.

I love cardio and hate weight training. I want to increase my weight training, so I want to start doing more of this, I've been looking at HIIT training, and less cardio. 

My ultimate goal six months ago was to lose 60 pounds. I'm almost there, but I'd like to get 60 more, I feel that's where I'd be most comfortable at, I'm on the taller side, losing too much really would make me look sick.

Aside from all of that, I tend to be the exact middle of girly and tomboy. I can go either way on a daily basis. I work in retail management, I am a writer on the side, I am a single mom, I read a lot (books over iPad, folks)-House of Leaves being a personal favorite that I can read over and over again, I very much so enjoy researching, I am not a video gamer really, but I enjoy MTG, Steampunk RP, TWD, and various other things of nerdiness.

EV

Welcome to the rebellion.

Excellent goals and motivation you have there.

As for the food, try some white fish fillets, like cod, haddock, plaice, trout, sea bass.  They are all good neutral flavours and can be easily spiced up a little.  I'm not the biggest fan of fish and sea food.  But have started trying them over the last couple of years and really like them.