• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

So today I have a slight hangover, a very sore back and nasty DOMS in my quads but I'm happy with how yesterday went.

 

I'm not going to lie, I was terrified about yesterday. I was desperately trying not to vomit with nerves right up until deadlifts were done and I could barely stomach food all day. 

 

I'd made sure to pack my kit and most of my lunch on Saturday so that all I had to do was get up, go to the loo and make coffee before we left on Sunday to pick up my coach and training buddies. 

 

I'd pre-planned my weigh-in outfit so that I could walk in, strip off, weigh in with the minimum weight on my body without being naked so as to get my lowest possible weigh-in weight without giving up my food or looking too desperate. Anyway, yeah, weighed in at 61.9kg despite no cut and steak and potatoes the night before. :)

 

Attempts to force-feed myself after weigh in were for naught. Despite taking lots of food, I could barely eat without gagging so I just ate what I could. 

 

My last warm-up for squats felt a little tougher than I hoped but I know that my last squat warm-up in competitions usually does so just went out to try and rock it. I hit all three with ease. :) That left me with 135kg squat and a 2.5kg comp-PB (5kg in the 63kg class)

 

Bench was a little bit of a worry after the arm injury on Friday, but despite pain I managed to get my first two attempts in and finished up with a 2.5kg comp PB (5kg in the 63kg class).

 

Deadlift warm-ups felt easy all the way up. Took a really minimal route - 70kg x5, 90kg x3, 110kg x1, 120kg x1 for a 130kg opener. That 130kg opener flew so Marc put me in for a 140kg second attempt. I got my upper back slightly out of position so had to pull my shoulders in on that but it was still a 5kg all-time PB. He then told me that he'd put in my third and just to grab it, give up on all sense of self-preservation and pull like my life depended on it. 

 

I did. It was only 142.5kg but I pulled like my life depended on it, only to get stuck a couple of inches from lock-out because my upper back was out of shape. I only gaveup when it was clear that there was no way it was going to happen. 

 

So yeah. Ended up with a 350kg total and 380.94 Wilks. 

 

Not bad given I was worried I wouldn't make my openers!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Congratulations Sundae!!!

You did so amazing! That 142.5kg deadlift is so close too! You pulled like your life depended on it! You should be proud :)

I'm hoping with better set-up and some practice that I'll hit 150kg soon. :D

 

Not even close to Tasmin and Spezzy's 180kg+ deadlifts but I'd like to. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a very successful day all round.  I watched the video earlier and was urging you to get those last few inches to lock on the 142.5kg.  You still got a PB even without that, which is awesome. 

 

180kg before the years out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steaky said:

Sounds like a very successful day all round.  I watched the video earlier and was urging you to get those last few inches to lock on the 142.5kg.  You still got a PB even without that, which is awesome. 

 

180kg before the years out?

 

Probably more like 150-160kg, but that's still mega progress. Adding 40kg to my deadlift will take a while these days. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpecialSundae said:

 

Probably more like 150-160kg, but that's still mega progress. Adding 40kg to my deadlift will take a while these days. 

Nothing wrong with slow progress. Progress is progress, irrespective of how quickly it may happen. As long as you're happy with it, nothing else matters :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steaky said:

Nothing wrong with slow progress. Progress is progress, irrespective of how quickly it may happen. As long as you're happy with it, nothing else matters :D 

 

It was so tempting to put the deadlift PB in the Woot Room as "Massive Deadlift Pee B" ;) (It was going to be "I peed myself and I don't care" but my friend Reiss came up with a better pun.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

 

It was so tempting to put the deadlift PB in the Woot Room as "Massive Deadlift Pee B" ;) (It was going to be "I peed myself and I don't care" but my friend Reiss came up with a better pun.)

 

Did it anyway! 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did a fantastic job. I think your coach is right about mental game - you stepped it up a notch this meet. Proud of you! Congrats on the PB's :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spezzy said:

You did a fantastic job. I think your coach is right about mental game - you stepped it up a notch this meet. Proud of you! Congrats on the PB's :)

 

Thanks! That really means a lot! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, evabo said:

I wanna ask about the p, but I'm too ladylike to do so! (Know that I'm a reformed runner, and we have the "Paula Radcliffe" firmly in our repertoire.)

Posted about it in the Woot Room post. I was trying so hard to get that 142.5kg pull that I left a puddle on the platform. I wouldn't want to do it again but I'm glad that I didn't let anything stop me giving it my all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Posted about it in the Woot Room post. I was trying so hard to get that 142.5kg pull that I left a puddle on the platform. I wouldn't want to do it again but I'm glad that I didn't let anything stop me giving it my all.

 

Better than puke imo.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glad you talked about this, it's been a secret worry of mine!

This happened the usapl meet last year. They had a mop handy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Definitely.

Or poo, for that matter. That seems to happen more to guys.

 

Nope.  Not here.  Not yet.  Sometimes the IAP rips out the backside, but that's about it.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, evabo said:

Glad you talked about this, it's been a secret worry of mine!

 

2 hours ago, wildross said:

This happened the usapl meet last year. They had a mop handy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

 

It's common. Many women, particularly those who have had kids, struggle even when doing jumping jacks. Many strength athletes have this happen, even at an extremely high level (if you watch weightlifting worlds they clean the floor quite often).  This is a great piece on it: https://www.jensinkler.com/curing-workout-pee/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steaky said:

There are worse things that could happen. 

Most definitely. But it's strangely comforting that it happens to other people, and it's no big deal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on destroying your mental barriers! You did awesome :]

 

Also, echoing evabo in thanking you guys for talking about this.  It's been a fear of mine as well and I had no idea it was so common.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now