• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Just now, evabo said:

Stomach issues & cramps, not to be mum but are you staying on top of your electrolytes?

on mobile

Trying to... stomach issues may be a Bowdlerised way of saying I have a dose of the shits.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Almost certainly. It's really tiring, though. I'm completely drained.

Almost afraid to ask, was getting back to work ok? Those first few days after a big trip are brutal..

Almost afraid to ask, was getting back to work ok? Those first few days after a big trip are brutal..

I got through the day. Work was fine but someone walked in on me on the loo due to a faulty lock despite me literally screaming when the door started opening.

Just now, SpecialSundae said:

I got through the day. Work was fine but someone walked in on me on the loo due to a faulty lock despite me literally screaming when the door started opening.

Omg NOOO! Happened way to often at my old factory job, there was that one bad door. Most of the time it was me walking in on someone else (!) but the one time it was on me, it was my boss :disillusionment:

DZKHTnh.gif

Omg NOOO! Happened way to often at my old factory job, there was that one bad door. Most of the time it was me walking in on someone else (!) but the one time it was on me, it was my boss :disillusionment:

DZKHTnh.gif

Well, they probably won't do that again...

I hope not! I screamed so hard that I had a sore throat the rest of the day.

Feeling even more drained today. This sucks! :(

I've put together my first ad for the lifting classes. :)

Learn to Lift Class

Want to learn to squat, bench, deadlift, barbell row and overhead press?

Interested in taking up powerlifting but not sure how or where to start?

Are you a beginner wanting to learn the basics or a more experienced lifter looking to perfect your form?

Why not come along to our “Learn to Lift” sessions for sessions where you can ask for advice on form, technique and programming in a small group setting?

Whilst not everyone wants or can afford a personal trainer, it’s always good to be able to check in with someone to make sure that you’re lifting safely.

Whether you’ve never touched a barbell or you’ve been lifting for years, there could be something for you!

Starting from 11 May, I will be running a trial of weekly sessions in work gym from 5:30-6:30pm on a Wednesday. Each hour-long session will cost just £3.50 and not only help with how to lift but how to be a good lifting buddy. Due to the equipment available, these will be limited to 2-4 people per session, which will allow for more 1-2-1 attention.

If you are interested in attending, please email me with a little information about your lifting experience to date (absolutely no experience is required) and anything in particular that you’d like to cover.

Might edit it a bit more before it goes live to the membership, but it's a good first shot!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Feeling even more drained today. This sucks! :(

I've put together my first ad for the lifting classes. :)

Might edit it a bit more before it goes live to the membership, but it's a good first shot!

Why are you 5+ hours away from me? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steaky said:

Why are you 5+ hours away from me? 

It's also a private gym for staff, so you'd have to work here. :)

Come live in Scotland! It's where the cool Nerds are!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

It's also a private gym for staff, so you'd have to work here. :)

Come live in Scotland! It's where the cool Nerds are!

Manchester gets too cold for my liking. I've no plan to move further north! 

Amazing! Tbh if there is a Brexit, you may well have the pleasure of accommodating me up North, provided you lot stay in the EU. Also, if it's a work gym, can you now legitimately say that POWERLIFTING IS YOUR JOB???

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, evabo said:

Amazing! Tbh if there is a Brexit, you may well have the pleasure of accommodating me up North, provided you lot stay in the EU. Also, if it's a work gym, can you now legitimately say that POWERLIFTING IS YOUR JOB???

Or at least it's her business, lol~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, evabo said:

Should be everyone's business, really.

On a personal level, definitely. I'll tell that to anybody who'll listen (and a few who won't, no doubt.....). But it's more punny in SS's case! 

33 minutes ago, evabo said:

Sadly, if England leaves, Scotland will be dragged with you unless there's another independence referendum.

It's stupid. Most of Scotland is massively pro-Europe.

And I wouldn't quite say that... but I'm calling myself a fitness professional. Someone pays me to teach them to lift. :D 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

And I wouldn't quite say that... but I'm calling myself a fitness professional. Someone pays me to teach them to lift. :D 

I like the sound of 'fitness professional'! And that ad would definitely get me to call/email you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

I like the sound of 'fitness professional'! And that ad would definitely get me to call/email you!

I'm hoping that I get a regular crowd popping in so I can put on more sessions.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I'm hoping that I get a regular crowd popping in so I can put on more sessions.

It sounds like you have a group class!