Sup from 300' AGL

Howdy. :D

Handle is Hels, name is Rick. I'm new to NF after reading some articles. Been working out for most of my recent life or so (6 years) doing a lot of running and calisthenics. At 6'7" I never really thought I'd be able to throw on some muscle, always been skinny and tall, calisthenics and such were for mostly PT tests and PT while doing my time at the academy and now in the Air Force proper. I'm a nav on C-130s, currently fighting for freedom and justice. Workout goals are to gain strength, not neccisarily worrying too much about looks/bodyfat/etc, yet. Eating healthy and enough to gain that mass so I can push heavier weights around is the diet half of the plan. Working through SL5x5 at the moment, making gains and having a good time. I feel that by the endo f this deployment (3 more months or so) I'll be in a good position to change things up and try something new, but right now, I want that base layer of strength and to be less 'skinny'.

Got Dropbox? No? Get it.

Also get me more space please. :3

Hey! Greetings from a brother service member (Army).

I'm in the same boat...I'm 6'5, a string bean, and in decent shape (according to the APFT, at least), but I've always wanted to actually get strong and maybe gain some mass while I'm at it. I'm currently deployed right now as well, and I'm finding the biggest challenge to be consuming enough calories while still eating clean. At least, that's the case with my sorry excuse for a chow hall. I'm still making good gains on my lifts though, so I'm looking forward to getting home and really dialing in my diet.

Anyway, welcome and fly safe brother!

Sorry for not responding, my Internet is sketchy so every time I come back to the forum all the formerly unread topics are marked read.

As for eating clean, luckily the chow hall here is fairly well stocked but I feel like they ruin the food, especially the vegetables. There is always chicken available, so if the main line looks crap we'll hook it up with the chicken breasts and coat them in honey to make them tolerable. Also, MILK. WHOLE MILK! Love it. I think I'm near a gallon a day or so.

I've had a rare soda, mostly when I need a sugar rush at hour 16 at the end of a flight. Friday is the designated fat day and the only time anyone on the crew has something fatty/dessert-ish. Also omelettes, everyday. The worst thing is possibly the flight meals. Not much you can do other than sandwiches. So we try to pack fruit and eat more jerky/nuts but sometimes you have no choice.

Got Dropbox? No? Get it.

Also get me more space please. :3