Red1263 Completes the Red Knight Training

Red awakens with a start. He's lying on the floor, cold and shivering, his eyes refocus and he's sees the Red Knight standing before him, waiting for him. "Again." He says, his words direct yet hollow, like a winter wind. Red gets to his feet, and picks up his sword, "We've been at this for weeks now! What is it you're trying to teach me?" He gets into an attack stance. The Red Knight lunges forward, and strikes!

1_3.png

"Gahh! Why are you doing this?" The Red Knight says nothing, as Red tries to get an answer from him. A barrage of attacks falls upon Red, nothing he couldn't defend against, but once the attack was over, the Knight disappeared. "What the?" Red pondered, he was just here. "You search with your eyes. That's wrong!" Winding up right behind Red, The Knight attacks with a series of strikes!

2_2.png

"How... How did you do that? I was looking right at you." "That is the problem. You see when you should feel. Now get up, again!" The two swordsmen resume their battle, while Red ponders over the vague words of the Knight. 'I should feel and not see... I should feel? Feel what? I feel hungry and a bit pudgy... Hmmm, maybe I should really watch what I'm eating... What else do I feel? I feel like I've slipped on my training lately, I need to get back to it and work even harder!... OK what else do I feel?..."

1. Hungry and Pudgy - I have a bit of a spare tire that I haven't been able to get rid of, and I've realized that it's from a lack of focus on what I should be eating vs what I've been actually eating. I've gotten water down pretty well, now it's time for me to focus on cleaning up on my eating habits. I'll try to take pictures of what I'm eating to show you guys (and to keep myself in check) what exactly I'm eating, as I could always use some pointers on what's healthy to eat and what isn't.
  2. Work even harder! - I have bought some Wrist/Ankle weights a while ago, and I haven't brought myself to use them yet, well now I will! I'll pick half of my exercises to have these weights integrated in them... or maybe just the ones that can utilize the weights :P Shadowboxing is a definite!
  3. What else do I feel? - I haven't been meditating and I feel like that was always a healthy habit to practice. I will make sure I meditate 3 times a week! No excuses!
  4. Seeing and not Feeling - I have a couple of books I've been meaning to finish! So I will spend 15 minutes every day reading as much as I can out of these books! Probably before I go to sleep or on my breaks at work.

4_2.png

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Yes! Back for more Red-Brother! At least over here we can be friends cuz me no likey Mr. Rojo on my thread ;)

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On 5/5/2016 at 4:21 AM, Red1263 said:

Work even harder! - I have bought some Wrist/Ankle weights a while ago, and I haven't brought myself to use them yet, well now I will! I'll pick half of my exercises to have these weights integrated in them... or maybe just the ones that can utilize the weights :P Shadowboxing is a definite!

Unique quest!    What's your shadowboxing routine entail?

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

On 5/5/2016 at 3:58 AM, Nymeria said:

Shadowboxing with wrist and ankle weights can be pretty intense!  Following. :) 

Yeah, I have a pretty good idea as to how I want to go about doing it.

On 5/5/2016 at 4:59 AM, Sea Level said:

Oh Hai!

I'm hoping you rock it!

Hey hey! I'm hoping too :P

On 5/5/2016 at 5:02 AM, Wild Wolf said:

Yes! Back for more Red-Brother! At least over here we can be friends cuz me no likey Mr. Rojo on my thread ;)

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, alright, I guess my thread will be a neutral zone between us... this time... But you better watch out for Senor Rojo. ;)

8 hours ago, Hazard said:

Unique quest!    What's your shadowboxing routine entail?

So far it's mostly punch combos, so I plan on having three 1-minute rounds of shadowboxing, one round will mainly focus on punch combos, and will have the weights on my wrists, the next round will have the weights on my ankles as I try to practice my kicks and knees. and the final round will probably have it all put together without weights because I only have 2 of them :P At first, I'll mainly start with maintaining form in my punches, making sure my hands don't go below eyebrow level, and we'll see how it goes from there, once I'm able to get a stand for my punching bag, I can re-learn how to kick, Muay Thai style.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

nice challenge Red! I'm a fan of your shadowboxing goal too!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

On 5/7/2016 at 8:27 AM, Elastigirl said:

Following!

A pleasure to have you on here, EG, as always!

On 5/7/2016 at 3:18 PM, karinajean said:

nice challenge Red! I'm a fan of your shadowboxing goal too!

Thanks KJ! Shadowboxing is pretty fun, now it's going to be interesting with these wrist weights!

Day 1!

1. Hungry and Pudgy - Today for breakfast, I ate 3 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, rosemary potatoes and some toast with coffee, Dinner is Grilled Country Pork, with Rice and Salad to go with it! 
  2. Work even harder! - I changed my routine around to start off with the exercises that don't include weights and follow them with the ones that do (in bold). So here's how it looks now
  • Push-ups: 15, 15, 15
  • Dips: 15, 15, 15
  • Plank: 1m, 40s, 42s
  • Pull-ups: 4, 3
  • Chin-ups: 5, 4
  • Lunges: 15, 15, 15, 15
  • Leg Raises: 15, 15, 15
  1. What else do I feel? - I'll meditate in a few minutes, if not tonight before I go to sleep.
  2. Seeing and not Feeling - I haven't read yet, but I will tonight.

So far, this is looking pretty good, I kinda singed some hairs on my face and arm when I was grilling today, so it looks like I'm slightly blonde for now :P . Tomorrow, I start work late, so when I wake up, it'll be Shadowboxing! I can't wait!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Loving the boxing!

angry punch wolverine x men cyclops

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

On 5/10/2016 at 6:49 PM, Elastigirl said:

Ack-be careful with that barbecue!!:) Good day 1.

Yeah, you can never turn your back on Fire :P

On 5/10/2016 at 8:04 AM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Loving the boxing!

angry punch wolverine x men cyclops

Yeah, that's pretty much my goals whenever I'm in a fight, one punch knockdown!

19 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

How'd shadowboxing go, oh singed one????

Allow me to elaborate...

Yesterday, Shadowboxing was great! Three 1-minute rounds with a minute break inbetween

1. Round 1: Weights on my hands, I did punch combos, it felt like I was moving in slow motion trying to throw my punches, I also kept moving around, so that I don't get used to planting my feet.
  2. Round 2: Weights on my ankles, Teep Kick and Knees, didn't feel anything at first, but I could tell that my balancing was tested as I tried to pull my legs back to their original position
  3. Round 3: No Weights, I pretty much put it all together, punching and kicking felt a bit faster, but as my limbs were already fatigued, I could barely tell.

Today:

I woke up late, and was only able to get 3 exercises in, but I'll complete the rest tomorrow.

• Pull-ups: 4, 3
  • Chin-ups: 7, 5

I've increased my Chin-up numbers, but the pull-ups are still the same. 

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

How's it going this week?

It's heh heh, still going, ^_^;;

The last few days, I've caught up on my reading and I did a 10 minute meditation session today, also, my meal today, was Oven baked Pork chops, with a 3-cheese pasta and boiled Broccoli. The rest of the week's foods have been less than healthy :P

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

LOL - well, you gotta start somewhere, and that menu sounds most excellent.  

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Alright! I can say I've finally had a successful day!... Yesterday :P

1. Hungry and Pudgy - I cooked Oven baked Lemon garlic Tilapia with Beans and Rice, except I left the Rice cooker on and it dried up the rest of the rice >.<
  2. Work even harder! - I changed my routine around to start off with the exercises that don't include weights and follow them with the ones that do (inbold). So here's how it looks now
  • Dips: 15, 15, 15
  • Plank: 1m, 1m, 41s
  • Pull-ups: 5, 4
  • Chin-ups: 6, 5
  • Lunges: 15, 15, 15, 15
  • Leg Raises: 15, 15, 15
  • Shadow Boxing: 3 sets of 1 minute rounds 1st: Arms, 2nd: Legs, 3rd: None
  1. What else do I feel? - I haven't meditated in a good while, but I've gotten some in just now, and a session last week. Heh, I'm pretty bad at this.
  2. Seeing and not Feeling - I read for a good half hour yesterday, waiting for laundry to finish, it was a bit difficult to avoid the temptation of surfing the net and not read, but I got it.
  • Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler