• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Right now I have killed the first troll his mate has come to take revenge. The plan is simple: do stuff, meet my goals, kill the next troll. But what is the stuff I am going to do?

Goal One: Highland Broadsword

I want more consistency here, pure and simple, if I get 3 sessions per week I will be happy.

Goal Two: Runic Meditation

I was consistently meditating 5 times per week at the start of the year, back to that is the goal, minimum of three is acceptable

Goal Three: Workouts

I have three options for workouts: HIIT on the exercise bike, Kettlebell [Pavel's Simple and Sinister], Bodyweight workout [Darebee/Neila Rey Ithilien Ranger workout]. the aim is to fo one of each workout per week. 

Goal Four: Doing Stuff

This continues the stuff that killed the troll last challenge, each week I need to do at least one of each of the areas on this list.

House and garden maintenance/improvements

Kids activities and appreciating them

Bec time, doing stuff especially with her [dates are an automatic critical hit]

My self-improvement other areas, markets, crafting stuff, reading, studies, stretching/yoga, job search.

Scoring will be a bit different here, I actually need a scoring system so I can better track my consistency. However as I am fighting a troll I think my scoring needs to reflect this battle in some way, so I will adapt my previous scoring system to better reflect a fight with the troll. All the goals will be scored the same, The troll has 16 hit points, so I need to score four hits per week each week to kill the troll. The troll can wound me and I have 6 hit points, whilst I can not be 'killed' by the troll it can seriously wound me which would reflect my lack of progress in improving my health. If the troll survives this challenge it will regenerate half of the hit points that it has lost to show that it is injured going into the next challenge. I start the next challenge with 5 points if wounded by the troll, six if I am unscathed or kill the troll. 

5+ sessions per week is a Critical Hit on the troll and is worth two points.

3-4 sessions per week is a Hit on the troll and is worth one point

2 sessions per week is a block/dodge or miss as the troll evades my attack and is worth no points

1 session per week is a block/dodge or miss as I evade the troll's attack and is worth no points

0 sessions per week is a hit by the troll on me and I lose one point. 

Let the battle commence. 

• Like 14

So zero week has been a washout. With my Elaina having been in hospital. Kat has an infection, Jenna and Emmy have tonsilitis, CJ is now walking ok after his virus which put fluid in one hip joint (weird ass shit that), Bec is getting over her gluten poisoning, I am getting over my head-cold slowly and Theo is relatively healthy.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Starting measurements:

Weight - 111.6kg steady (though up from my lowest of 110.8kg on 23 March)

Body fat% - 32.35 (down)

Body Fat weight - 36.10kg (down)

Lean body weight - 75.5kg (up)

Neck - 42.5cm (up 1.5cm)

Chest - 123cm (up 3cm)

Waist - 116cm (same)

Hips - 112cm (up)

Thigh mid - 58cm (up 1.5cm)

Bicep flexed - 36cm (down 0.5cm)

So whilst my weight stayed the same over the past month, I have gained centimetres. My body composition has changed slightly in the last month.

This tells me that not tracking workouts as strongly as I have done previously hasn't really helped me. Granted there is minimal weight change, but the gaining of centimetres is telling. Hence putting an emphasis on workouts once again.

• Like 2

So I did the Ithilien Ranger workout this morning. Three sets, by the Gods that pushed me to my limits. Recovered well by the time I finished my shower I was able to function normally. Even once a week that will get some results. I am happy with my choice of this for a bodyweight workout, even if I dislike sit ups.

http://darebee.com/workouts/ithilien-ranger-workout.html

I also dried and brushed Bec's hair this afternoon. So I am starting to get back into the swing of things.

• Like 7

Congratulations on your workout, Thom, and on killing your previous troll :)

I hope your family gets to feeling better soon; sounds like a hard time lately.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

So zero week has been a washout. With my Elaina having been in hospital. Kat has an infection, Jenna and Emmy have tonsilitis, CJ is now walking ok after his virus which put fluid in one hip joint (weird ass shit that), Bec is getting over her gluten poisoning, I am getting over my head-cold slowly and Theo is relatively healthy.

Far out, what have you lot been doing? Hope everyone is ok now.

• Like 1

So my Bec has started drawing custom designs for tattoos. Cool bananas, she can make a few bob doing something she loves, from home without worrying about being poisoned at work. And she can still do her studies in youth work, her volunteering at the kids primary school (music teacher and P&C President), Angel gowns (seamstress making gowns for premie death babies), the local op-shop and of course her general mum awesomeness, my fiancé and stuff I forgot to list. So as we ate lunch together she says "Thom you can build me a website and run it. Do all the business stuff making sure we get paid and everything whilst I do the drawing. So now I need to learn how to build a website as well. Sigh. I am looking at sites like weebly and wix because I don't do techno geekery. But damn I need help.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

So my Bec has started drawing custom designs for tattoos. Cool bananas, she can make a few bob doing something she loves, from home without worrying about being poisoned at work. And she can still do her studies in youth work, her volunteering at the kids primary school (music teacher and P&C President), Angel gowns (seamstress making gowns for premie death babies), the local op-shop and of course her general mum awesomeness, my fiancé and stuff I forgot to list. So as we ate lunch together she says "Thom you can build me a website and run it. Do all the business stuff making sure we get paid and everything whilst I do the drawing. So now I need to learn how to build a website as well. Sigh. I am looking at sites like weebly and wix because I don't do techno geekery. But damn I need help.

I host and design websites on the side...

I did mine...

http://www.redeaglespirit.com/

Friend of mine

http://www.jesssprinklers.com/ (simple, but get's the job done)

I like wordpress as a CMS just because it's two of my favorite things, free and easy :D 

• Like 3

I thought wordpress was mainly a blogging site. Bec and I also need to work a few things out, like whether its just for her tattoo designs, or if we are going to include all of our stuff that I sell at the markets. Colour schemes, artwork that sort of thing. Before I even start creating the webpage, so I have some time to learn some stuff.

A friend of mine recommended weebly. He uses it for his chainmaille, he used the free version for a couple of years before upgrading to a paid version and loves it.

http://www.firebear.com.au/

New week new rune. This week's rune is Beorc, the Birch tree. Another rune that describes a specific natural object. It is also generally considered to represent the divine feminine, the Earth Mother.

b5a0b080a3a8101be6698435a3e2516f.jpg

One meditation session down.

• Like 3

Cool. There are probably parallels, the Old English Rune Poems were written down in the ninth to tenth centuries, possibly in Northumbria. This is post conversion England by about 200 years. It is also when the 'Danes' started invading and settling in England (think the Danelaw) which was in the same area as well. Like most 'Northern' lore the OERP was most likely written by Christians (monks maybe) and contains elements from both Heathenry and Christianity.

• Like 2

your challenge is awesome.  Also, hail and well met from one heathen to another. I love the idea of doing rune meditations as part of a goal. I try to do at least a rune of the day in the morning for guidance nad connection.  GL on your challenge!

*follows allong*

• Like 2