[mini challenge] ASSASSIN SUPERPOWER TRAINING

Anyone possibly have an app recommendation for editing the doc? Phone still doesn't want to let me edit anything and running to the computer is difficult while out of town lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

I cant remember if I selected neutral or evil, but I can play leader of the Teen titans, as long as being on the good guys does not require me to play Lawful Stupid alignment :D

• Like 2

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

2 minutes ago, Calibre said:

I know there is a Google Sheets app available on the Google Play store (not sure about it on the Apple Store). 

I re-downloaded it and suddenly it's showing everything, thanks =D

• Like 2

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

New team leads have been officially assigned.  All leaders please keep an eye out, as we may be adding latecomers to your team as they arrive.

All spreadsheets should now be open as intended.  Only the "hours trained" column will be editable, everything else is automated (I hope :playful: ).

• Like 3

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Goodies goodies!!

For Super Intelligence does it count when I study with my kids for their school? It's a part of my challenge I'm not really excited for yet ;) This would sweeten it tremendously

Also, will you tell us about the matchups? Is that like a mini pvp?

Soooo excited about the whole format again! You guys are brilliant as always :applause:

• Like 4

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

I might be overthinking this but:

What is best for calculating hours trained for strength training?

Since my current routine involves warmup / skill work / strength work should I only count the strength work portion or the entire routine?

Should I only count time spent in set or does the entire duration (sets + rest) count? 

This seems really obvious for something like yoga since start to finish is pretty much "doing yoga" but strength training seems muddy to me.

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

44 minutes ago, Ripple said:

I might be overthinking this but:

What is best for calculating hours trained for strength training?

Since my current routine involves warmup / skill work / strength work should I only count the strength work portion or the entire routine?

Should I only count time spent in set or does the entire duration (sets + rest) count? 

This seems really obvious for something like yoga since start to finish is pretty much "doing yoga" but strength training seems muddy to me.

It's up there in the rules now:

"The time you spend working out counts as training.  You don't have to pause a timer between sets - rest periods are a sensible and healthy part of any regimen.  However, please be sensible: if you're doing GtG training every hour on the hour, you did not train 8 hours.  Dedicated training time only, please. For simplicity's sake, warm-up and cool-down may be counted as long as they're done in the context of warming up for (and cooling down from) your main superpower workout.  Don't count anything twice though (i.e. if your strength workout cooldown is mobility, you can count the cooldown for super strength OR shapeshifting, but not both).  Similarly, if you're doing nutrition, you should count actual prep time - NOT time something sits in the crock pot, not time spent washing dishes, not time spent grpocery shpopping, and not time spent eating. ;)"

• Like 7

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

4 minutes ago, Briniel said:

It's up there in the rules now:

"The time you spend working out counts as training.  You don't have to pause a timer between sets - rest periods are a sensible and healthy part of any regimen.  However, please be sensible: if you're doing GtG training every hour on the hour, you did not train 8 hours.  Dedicated training time only, please. For simplicity's sake, warm-up and cool-down may be counted as long as they're done in the context of warming up for (and cooling down from) your main superpower workout.  Don't count anything twice though (i.e. if your strength workout cooldown is mobility, you can count the cooldown for super strength OR shapeshifting, but not both).  Similarly, if you're doing nutrition, you should count actual prep time - NOT time something sits in the crock pot, not time spent washing dishes, not time spent grpocery shpopping, and not time spent eating. ;)"

Thanks for catching this for me - makes it nice and simple. Woo! 

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

7 minutes ago, Nuala said:

It took me a while to remember what my superpower were :P Waiting for my team leader to contact me, I'm ready for all the things! (I think.. maybe...)

Me too, I just went through all the tabs to figure out what I chose (and now I kinda wish I chose different stuff... so much awesome!!)

• Like 1

I'm assuming that since the spreadsheets say "Hours Trained" that our time is cumulative for the week. Can we input time under 1 hour or would it be better to wait to put it in until we've reached an even hour?

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I'm assuming that since the spreadsheets say "Hours Trained" that our time is cumulative for the week. Can we input time under 1 hour or would it be better to wait to put it in until we've reached an even hour?

I just entered 25 min and 10 min and am curious to watch what changes when I reach my first full hour, guess that will tell if minutes are ok as well or if I should have rather posted 0.42 and 0.17 hours

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

I just entered 25 min and 10 min and am curious to watch what changes when I reach my first full hour, guess that will tell if minutes are ok as well or if I should have rather posted 0.42 and 0.17 hours

It looks like you'd need to enter .42 and .17 - I just tested it and once you do that your rank/etc shows up when you enter the 0.42 (as opposed to 25 mins)

• Like 2

Level: 3 (EQ) - Race: Wood Elf - Class: Assassin Epic Quest: Rathlan

Current Challenge: Rathlan revisits old disciplines

Previous Challenges: Gaining Control Part 1 - Finding the future in the pastPart 2 - Preparing for Superhero statusRathlan Lays FoundationsRathlan learns to love mornings Rathlan refocuses on focus Rathlan brings it together

(Old system: Level 3 - Stats: STR 9 | DEX 7 | CON 6 | STA 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4)

5 hours ago, Ripple said:

See, and I was just wondering what counts for yoga, like is it just the fitness-type parts of a class? Because the classes I go to have a fair amount of chanting, breathing, meditation, relaxation, and just laying motionless on the ground. I've never timed it, but probably at least  20 minutes of a 90 minute class is not even remotely flexiblility/mobility related. In a way, you could say that is the warmup and cool down portion of the class, but I don't know if I am just being a weasel there.

• Like 1

Joshua - Yoga Ninja Weasel #20: The Weasel goes on an Adventure!

33 minutes ago, rathlan said:

It looks like you'd need to enter .42 and .17 - I just tested it and once you do that your rank/etc shows up when you enter the 0.42 (as opposed to 25 mins)

I would really appreciate if this could be changed so we enter minutes. Don't know how feasable that is, though.

• Like 1

See, and I was just wondering what counts for yoga, like is it just the fitness-type parts of a class? Because the classes I go to have a fair amount of chanting, breathing, meditation, relaxation, and just laying motionless on the ground. I've never timed it, but probably at least  20 minutes of a 90 minute class is not even remotely flexiblility/mobility related. In a way, you could say that is the warmup and cool down portion of the class, but I don't know if I am just being a weasel there.

Any time I've done a class or video with it it's been expressed that those parts are indeed the warm up and cool down so I'd say count it as such. Different kinds of workouts utilize different types of warm up/cool down periods so it makes sense with yoga that even lying down in a corpse pose you're still focusing and releasing tensions in a manner that qualifies it towards that workout.

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

1 minute ago, Briniel said:

I would really appreciate if this could be changed so we enter minutes. Don't know how feasable that is, though.

For now, you could enter the values as a "function" to calculate it for you. so you could enter a value of: =<minutes>/60

It's not entirely the same, but at least you wont' have to convert back/forth.

• Like 3

Level: 3 (EQ) - Race: Wood Elf - Class: Assassin Epic Quest: Rathlan

Current Challenge: Rathlan revisits old disciplines

Previous Challenges: Gaining Control Part 1 - Finding the future in the pastPart 2 - Preparing for Superhero statusRathlan Lays FoundationsRathlan learns to love mornings Rathlan refocuses on focus Rathlan brings it together

(Old system: Level 3 - Stats: STR 9 | DEX 7 | CON 6 | STA 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4)

1 minute ago, Fenyx said:

Any time I've done a class or video with it it's been expressed that those parts are indeed the warm up and cool down so I'd say count it as such. Different kinds of workouts utilize different types of warm up/cool down periods so it makes sense with yoga that even lying down in a corpse pose you're still focusing and releasing tensions in a manner that qualifies it towards that workout.

My yoga tradition has a very expansive view of what counts as "doing yoga" and some of the classes have little or no fitness-type component. So I wouldn't count something that was almost entirely breathwork/meditation, just when it is in the context of a more fitness type class. 

My yoga tradition has a very expansive view of what counts as "doing yoga" and some of the classes have little or no fitness-type component. So I wouldn't count something that was almost entirely breathwork/meditation, just when it is in the context of a more fitness type class. 

That could be where I ended up getting my thought then, I've mostly done stuff that was yoga as a potentially heavy workout where it was yoga but it could easily be imagined there was a guy shouting behind you "yeaaaaaah! Extreeeeeeme! Align those chakras!" As I sweat more than an hour walk. Perhaps it'll be more of a situational consideration that falls within reason.

• Like 4

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

Also, pretty please can I switch from nutrition to parkour type stuff? I could use the motivation to spend more time in the woods, and get back to some hand balancing and tumbling.

But trying to spend more time in the kitchen will just lead to waffles. :) My desire to spend as little time as possible cooking is a big part of what keeps me on a meat and veggies based diet. Like seriously, I would eat a ton more pasta but actually boiling water is more of a hassle than most veggies I eat, so I rarely bother. 

• Like 4