Firedance Befriends a Dragon

Firedance

Over the last few months I have begun admitting to myself that I really want to be a professional jewelry designer. This is what I've wanted since I was a little kid. But it didn't seem real or possible, and I started on a different path.  Still design, but Architecture. Which I did enjoy. Then i graduated and got a job doing CAD, but through a series of company shifts into a mostly marketing position. Never would I ever have expected that, but it's been an amazing learning experience. Everything needs marketing, but it's not what I want to do forever. That crystalized when my Mom suggested I might start up a freelance marketing firm someday, and I was like HELL NO. I still enjoy my job (thankfully), but I've finally started to listen to the forces in me that aren't terrified of my dreaming. I've been taking classes on jewelry making. I actually started helping a local jewelry with her social media marketing, and that's been a boost mentally. Like it's a thing normal people can do if they really want to. So this month I want to focus on accepting that dream more fully.  I don't need to launch a company tomorrow or anything, but if I can start to deal with the fact that I want to I think that would be a huge source of internal peace!

Actual subgoals to follow.... but I found this! Whatever Snopes, it's totally a baby dragon. 

baby-dragons.jpg

• Like 3

Level 8 Princess Ranger

Current Challenge: Firedance Befriends a Dragon | Epic Quest

Wow ok, that week did not go as expected. 3 week challenge it is...

Train Warriors: Exercise twice a week

Hang On: Hang from roommates pull up bar everyday until they move and it leaves. (This I did actually do last week)

Add to Hoard: Work on jewelry projects twice a week

Flying in the Dreamscape: Journal/Meditate about being a designer at least once a week

I did get an epic challenge goal accomplished by trying Floatation Therapy, and hit a milestone on my cross stitch project which is another.

• Like 2

Level 8 Princess Ranger

Flotation Therapy?!?!?  Is that where you go hang out in a little pool of VERY salty water?  I've been wanting to give it a try and would love to hear what you thought...  

I like your goals and can't wait to see your jewelry designs! 

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: EXPERT Level!

I managed to both strength train and zumba on Tuesday, so that was exciting! 

Train Warriors: 1/8

Hang On: 10/28

Add to Hoard: Work on jewelry projects twice a week.  I ordered what I needed for my upcoming projects, and I have class tonight.  The trick will be remembering and then getting myself to work on it this weekend.

Flying in the Dreamscape: Journal/Meditate about being a designer at least once a week. No dedicated time, but i do think about it a lot.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:41 PM, Terra said:

Flotation Therapy?!?!?  Is that where you go hang out in a little pool of VERY salty water?  I've been wanting to give it a try and would love to hear what you thought...  

I like your goals and can't wait to see your jewelry designs! 

It was exactly that, and it was interesting.  I didn't have any huge epiphanies will floating in total darkness, but it was really relaxing to float in warm water.  Well after the first couple minutes when it was weird/stressful but you get past that.  I did a 90 minute session and I actually asked if I really had been in there 90 minutes because it didn't feel like it. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Princess Ranger