Alaysia's WiT Log

43 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Sometimes I will still use the Prone Jacknife. Although I am super happy that no one is usually around when I have to get legs off the ball. I feel like a baby giraffe all uncoordinated and centimetres away from a face plant! :glee:

You and me both! I kind of do a kneeling roll off when I'm a bit more coordinated, but when I barely made the last rep, a semblance of grace is a luxury I can't afford.

I've got 45 of those suckers to do today. My sciatica is flaring and it's super hot today. We'll see if I ditch my case of whine and regain my strength of will to see them complete.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Previous Challenges: 1 ~ Current Challenge

Stage 2, Workout A, modified

• Front Squat/ Push Press
    • Fail. Wasn't able to get this figured out. Must consult more videos.
  • Goblet Squat
    • 2x8 at 20lbs
  • Step up
    • 2x15 at level 3 on the step holding 15lb dumb bells.
  • Dumbell One-Point Row
    • 1x10 at 10lbs
    • 1x10 at 15lbs
  • Push Up
    • 2x10 at incline that was at top-of-thigh height. These ones were much smoother, with only one pause at the end of the second set!
  • Cable Horizontal Wood Chop
    • 2x10 at 16.5lbs
  • Plank
    • 1 at 58 seconds. I literally fell down 2 seconds from my goal. Dude.
  • Like 1

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Switch in program.

I wasn't doing well, mentally, on the other program. I was overwhelmed, I suppose. So I am now doing Stronglifts.

6/17/16 Workout A

• Squat 5x5 at 25lbs
  • Bench Press 5x5 at 45lbs (very first time bench pressing, ever)
  • Barbell Row 5x5 55lbs (also first time)

I transitioned from goblets to regular back squats. A little wobbly and depth wasn't great, but definitely workable.

Barbell row form needs work, I think.

6/20/16 Workout B

Warmup: 10min on treadmill, shoulder dislocates (at home), some stretching, body weight squats. 

• Squats 5x5 at 30lbs
  • Overhead Press 5x5 at 25lbs (Form video)
  • Deadlift 1x5 at 80lbs
  • Swiss Ball Crunch 2x15

Squats were much better today. Able to reach good depth every time. Did tend to pitch forward occasionally when I forgot to press through my whole foot, including the outside of it. 

Not happy that I had to stop at 1 set of deadlifts. I definitely could have done way more.

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Workout A

• Squats 5x5 at 35lbs (Form Video)
    • Feeling much steadier and depth is fairly consistent, I think. Just wish I had given better videography directions to my son who was filming. Lovely ceiling the gym has, eh? And I have no idea how he got it to film sideways. :ambivalence:
  • Bench Press 5x5 at 50lbs (Form Video)
    • The app said to go to 47lbs, but my gym has nary a 1lb plate. I contemplated using the big collars, but didn't want to guesstimate on what I was pressing and figured if I couldn't pull off 50, that'd be my back up plan. The last rep on the last set was nearly a fail, but just as I thought I may need to call my son who was already reaching to grab it, I pushed hard and got it up there. Go, me!
  • Barbell Row 5x5 at 60lbs. (Form Video)
    • Really wish I had been super specific with what needed to be in the camera lens. Sigh. Wish I could see my back better. I'm fairly sure it's not too curved... I do think I'm too high and need to lower my back a bit. I also tend to short myself an inch on the last one to two reps in each set, not pulling the bar all the way up. I'm a dirty, dirty cheater.
  • Like 1

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Workout B

• Squats 5x5 at 40lbs
    • Very excited that next time I get to go back to the regular oly bar!
  • Overhead Press 5x5 at 25lbs
    • Redid this weight. First on accident, but when I figured out I had grabbed the wrong weight, I was already struggling to finish each set. Besides, I was supposed to go up only 2lbs, but I'm using preweighted bars due to the low weight, so probably best I stay here until I'm ready to jump to 30.
  • Deadlift 4x5 at 85lbs
    • Heh heh heh. I was a rebel and did more than the app said.
  • Cable Horizontal Wood Chops 2x8 at 16.5lbs
    • Threw these in for funsies.

I feel pleasantly rubbery.

• Like 1

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Workout B

• Squat 5x5 35lbs
  • Overhead Press
    • 1x4 30lbs. The 5lb jump was too much and since I couldn't do the 2lb increase the app wanted, I was forced to stay at the previous weight.
    • 4x5 25lbs
  • Deadlift 1x5 60lbs

I had to increase recovery times on most of the lifts. I'm wondering if it had to do with being on the tail end of ToM or that I had a very filling lunch right before I headed to the gym. I'm gonna guess I was sapped of strength by my digestive system.

Edited to add:

I just saw I had the exact same issue with OHP on the last entry for Workout B back in June. This time I'm gonna push past.

• Like 1

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Workout A

• Squat*
    • 1x5 Bodyweight warm up
    • 1x5 15lbs
    • 1x5 20lbs
    • 1x5 30lbs
  • Bench Press
    • 1x5 45lbs warm up
    • 5x5 50lbs struggled for these. Had to set the bar back in the cradle on the fourth rep of the last two sets and give myself a rest before getting the last rep.
  • Barbell Row 5x5 40lbs

*Last time I had a bit of a twinge on the side of my right leg, about three inches up from the side of the knee, on the last few reps for the day. Today, it started to twinge on the bodyweight squats. Tried warming up slowly and it just got worse. It was a burning pain that started to creep up my thigh. Called it quit on he squats and the pain kept up a slow burn for the rest of the work out until it faded on my cool down walk. Have no idea what it was.

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Day 1

11/10/16

Workout 1A

Bodyweight Squat: 3 sets of 10

Elevated pushup: 3 sets of 10 (2 at desk level, last at bathroom counter level)

Doorway bodyweight Rows: 3 sets of 10

Notes: Tough. Switched to a higher elevation to do the dreaded pushups just so I could complete all three sets. I think I'll stay at counter height for a while. Squats are harder to balance when I don't have a weight on my shoulders. Weird.

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile