Back Again!

m rips

I totally fell off the wagon last challenge. A lot happened at once (sister into rehab, sons second birthday, started a new job, planning a vacation, applied/got approved for an apartment) AND I got drug into a completely separate challenge and totally failed. But I still did decent on most of my tasks.

Because I am a perfectionist at heart I will accept nothing less than 95% completion on these tasks by the end of the month. 

Task 1: Plug everything into MFP. I am a number person and I believe I will have a better understanding of what to cut out of my diet by tracking everything. I'm going to aim for less than 1700 calories. I'm really not sure how much I eat now, but I know around 1400 and less is too little for me, I just don't feel full! 

I can miss a total of 4 days tracking. 

Task 2: Burn over 2000 calories daily. I have a FitBit and I like to use that as a guesstimate.

Task 3: On Saturdays and Sunday's practice intermittent fasting by skipping breakfast. Those are the days I work, and I won't be eating lunch until about 12 PM. 

Task 4: Oil pull at least 4 days a week for 20 minutes.

here we go!!

• Like 2

Thanks!! It was such an eventful month, and I'm really gonna push through this time. Because the fact of the matter is, that's life. Something is always gonna pop up, especially when you have kids and are without an established career. Thanks for your continuing support :)

• Like 1

Looks like you have some great goals set up (although I did have to google "oil pull"). Good luck with your challenge.

• Like 1

Dustoff 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Human Rebel

-----------------------------------------------------------

Main Quest: Below 20% Body Fat  | Starting: 34% | Goal: 20% | Current: 32.5% |

14.3%
14.3%

Main Quest 2: Lose 50 lbs  | Starting Weight: 250 lbs. | Goal Weight: 200 lbs. | Current Weight: 246.5 lbs |

7%
7%

Your goals are great!  I hadn't thought about using calorie burning as one of my goals/measurements - which is funny since I also have a fitbit!  I am also a numbers person (hence the fitbit, MFP etc) so I may have to borrow your calorie burning goal :)

You really have a lot going on!  It can get tough - we try not to let life derail us but sometimes there is just way too much life going on!! :)

• Like 1

I am definitely with you on the appeal of numerical measurements and tracking. It makes such a big difference in my behaviour (and my understanding thereof) and as a bonus I get fun charts and graphs. Mmm, graphs.

I like your attitude, accepting that stuff is always going to pop up when we don't expect it or aren't ready. Part of being healthy is being resilient, I think, to those sorts of ups and downs. Sounds like you're already there on the mental part   :)

Good luck with all the changes in your life, and your goals! They look great.

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
8 hours ago, dustoff said:

Looks like you have some great goals set up (although I did have to google "oil pull"). Good luck with your challenge.

Thanks! I discovered oil pulling a few months ago and love doing it, I've noticed a lot of benefits thus far just by doing it here and there. 

8 hours ago, ScarletFyre said:

Your goals are great!  I hadn't thought about using calorie burning as one of my goals/measurements - which is funny since I also have a fitbit!  I am also a numbers person (hence the fitbit, MFP etc) so I may have to borrow your calorie burning goal :)

You really have a lot going on!  It can get tough - we try not to let life derail us but sometimes there is just way too much life going on!! :)

I love my FitBit!! Want to be friends? I found that by keeping a calorie burning goal it keeps me moving. Otherwise I do my workout and loaf for a lot of the rest of the day.

5 hours ago, Grizzy said:

I tend to accidentally do IF on weekends, due  to sleeping in and not really expending energy. Though it might be harder with my upcoming weekend morning workouts.

Ditto! Sometimes I'll sleep in and not be so hungry, and sometimes I'll sleep in and be starving. So we'll just have to see how it works out