Hi, I'm 53 and I will be turning 54 on May 15. I'm a 6' 180 lbs male. I've been fighting cancer for the last 4 years.  I've been active all my life. I am not a newbie when it comes to diet and fitness. I have a full Crossfit gym in my garage. However, I do have some new goals.  I am reading Primal Endurance and the methodology seems sound and in line with my goals.  While I've been mostly Paleo since 2009 and lost 25 pounds initially I haven't been able to hack the last 15-20 pounds without weighing and measuring.  I'm hoping going on a ketogenic diet will not only help me lose some pounds but help me survive my cancer.  Over the long run all my fitness and activities have  been in support of climbing mountains.   Certain limitations in my clinical trial don't currently allow me to do something that strenuous.  So in the meantime I will continue to train, hike and participate in organized races including obstacle course racing.  Running has always been a weakness of mine so let's see if Primal Endurance can turn that around.  So I guess this means  means I am joining the Scout guild.

Why Nerd Fitness?  I heard Steve on Robb Wolf's podcast and this sounded like the place for me. I grew up watching Star Trek, collecting comics and reading science fiction & fantasy.  I'm also an aspiring cartoonist.  I don't have time to be a gamer.   I hope to be able to contribute to the community as well as learn from it.

G