• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Crossfit Games: The Open

9 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

Welp, that burned. My afternoon run is going to be replaced with afternoon foam rolling of my abused quads. 

This.  My knees won't stop locking up every time I sit down for any length of time.  :P

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

Welp, that burned. My afternoon run is going to be replaced with afternoon foam rolling of my abused quads. 

I went for a 4.2 mile run immediately before doing 16.5. My lower body hates me.

On 3/26/2016 at 9:53 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

This.  My knees won't stop locking up every time I sit down for any length of time.  :P

I sat down in a theatre for a movie with my mum yesterday evening. My quads were so tight when I finally stood up that my knees hurt (runner's knee!) for the first few minutes. 

Also, volunteering as ground crew for my bf's tree service yesterday was a mistake. I was the slowest ground crew you've ever seen!

Oh man.  That was my least favorite WOD EVER back when I did it in 2014.  It didn't improve its reputation this time around.  However, I did get a 9 minute PR on it this time around, so I'll take it.  Either way, thrusters are one of my kryptonites, so improvement is improvement. 

I'm happy with how this Open went.  I probably won't get the standing I did last time around, but I don't see where I could have improved. 

How about all of you?  How do you think you did this Open?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Niccolo said:

Oh man.  That was my least favorite WOD EVER back when I did it in 2014.  It didn't improve its reputation this time around.  However, I did get a 9 minute PR on it this time around, so I'll take it.  Either way, thrusters are one of my kryptonites, so improvement is improvement. 

I'm happy with how this Open went.  I probably won't get the standing I did last time around, but I don't see where I could have improved. 

How about all of you?  How do you think you did this Open?

Well I still haven't done the first two workouts because of travel, but I'm going to hit them this week and next week before I offer a verdict. I also kind of want to re-do 16.3 at sea level instead of 6300'...

Regardless, I expect to be relatively underwhelmed with myself :P I haven't improved the way I would've liked to over the last couple of years, mainly due to lost training time from injury and work schedules.

• Like 1

So what if it took 33 minutes and 34 seconds of agonizing pain, I R-fuckin-X'd 16.5!

It's been my first Open and certainly about setting a benchmark by which future improvement will be judged. I'm just happy that 1) I signed up, 2) Completed it and 3) Rx'd at least one of the workouts

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

So what if it took 33 minutes and 34 seconds of agonizing pain, I R-fuckin-X'd 16.5!

KongGif2.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

When coach  says "we're skipping strength  to give everyone 30 minutes to  complete the Open Wod, you know it's going to be good. Congrats on knocking it out of the park!

@Why Not?, I have a couple to finish up, too. Namely the "deadlift marathon" Rurik mentioned. Not looking forward to  that one...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

@Why Not?, I have a couple to finish up, too. Namely the "deadlift marathon" Rurik mentioned. Not looking forward to  that one...

It's everything you're hoping and more.