• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Crossfit Games: The Open

Oooh are we gonna keep a standings board? 

If we get enough people, I'll put up a thread for the new year's open.

My Profile

A board sounds great! haha

Were you at the Jack & Jill Throwdown this past weekend?

Were you at the Jack & Jill Throwdown this past weekend?

I was. I took second place in scaled...

CrossFit already broke your power clean.   :rapture:

hehe somewhere around rep 40 or so the form just went to shit. "let's do a precise movement over and over until you fall apart!"

love the competition programming

• Like 1

I was. I took second place in scaled...

hehe somewhere around rep 40 or so the form just went to shit. "let's do a precise movement over and over until you fall apart!"

love the competition programming

Cool, we placed 11th, that first WOD didn't help us, we took 2nd place in the last two events though. Nice to meet you.

Cool, we placed 11th, that first WOD didn't help us, we took 2nd place in the last two events though. Nice to meet you.

Hah I remember you! You were a house! I actually thought you guys were the "She cleans, He jerks" team that was in the lead the whole time. 

Hah I remember you! You were a house! I actually thought you guys were the "She cleans, He jerks" team that was in the lead the whole time. 

Hahaha, I wish! You guys killed it! If your ever in Newport, RI let me know, you can stop by our Box, Force Newport CrossFit.

Planning on getting it done tomorrow evening. Hoping that it isn't anything too handy heavy, as I ripped a callus on Monday. :X

I hear you! I imagine it will be something with burpees :( haha

Planning on getting it done tomorrow evening. Hoping that it isn't anything too handy heavy, as I ripped a callus on Monday. :X

Yeah I just tore my hand today, I'll probably have to tape up again like I did last year.

Yeah, I'm feeling the burpees as well for 14.1.  They've had burpees in both 12.1 and 13.1, so it's almost become a tradition.  

I can only hope...

NO BURPEES!!! hahaha

Great. My most despised movement. Double unders. So tempted to not enter the Open this year.

Gotta work on those movements you hate! I'm not a big fan of the high rep, light snatches...

I'm not great at double unders either, but plan on just repping out these muscle snatches and struggling through the DUs. 

I agree with petekeller, that's crossfit... Work hard to get better, specially things you hate. I have link to many DU's but definitely setting my goal high enough to push myself, i want at least 2 Full Rds... anything after that is a plus.

I say 2 rounds since my DU tempo might be off...

I agree with petekeller, that's crossfit... Work hard to get better, specially things you hate. I have link to many DU's but definitely setting my goal high enough to push myself, i want at least 2 Full Rds... anything after that is a plus.

The second half is pretty much our 3 minute AMRAP from the Jack and Jill. Saw that part and got happy. 

DUs are the only movement that actually makes me angry.

I may have thrown the rope once or twice haha