• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Crossfit Games: The Open

I'm signed up for this year, like I have been for the past two.  Here's my page.   My first year, I was VERY unprepared and was just happy to register scores.  Last year, I wanted to do better, but I got injured in the middle of it, so my scores didn't really improve.  So, this year, knock on wood, I want to go in and do so much better than I have the last couple years. 

Looking forward to seeing if any other NF family are signing up for this!

Wow Dan impressive stats! :applause:

I suffered so many injuries last year and am so far behind where I was that I've decided not to enter. I kind of want to but I have only just (last 2 weeks) started overhead stuff again and that's just light dumbells. I'm bound to get too excited and adrenalin pumped and get injured again! Maybe next year...

Good luck! Only 2 days to go... :)

I haven't been back long enough to be comfortable to handle competitive Open WODs.  But I'll be happy to show up Friday nights when our box's athletes will be completing their Open workouts and cheer everyone on!

Wow Dan impressive stats! :applause:

I suffered so many injuries last year and am so far behind where I was that I've decided not to enter. I kind of want to but I have only just (last 2 weeks) started overhead stuff again and that's just light dumbells. I'm bound to get too excited and adrenalin pumped and get injured again! Maybe next year...

Good luck! Only 2 days to go... :)

*blushes*  Thanks.  I've been working hard to get stronger.  Now I just need to find my engine...

My coach was betting that the first workout will be 14.5 (21-18-15-12-9-6-3 thrusters and bar-facing burpees) again. I shudder at the thought.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least except that it's almost too predictable with Rich Froning present at the 15.1 announcement workout (and his having been at 14.5).  I'm pretty excited to see what Castro unveils at any rate and stoked to see Froning and Fraser go head to head.

I've been watching the 2014 Cross Games Behind the Scenes documentary as HQ has released it, and all I can think is how nice it would be to have a judge counting reps for you and pointing you where you need to go next.  Some WODs... man, I get lost sometimes!

134 reps and 135lbs.  I smoked 135 initially and jumped up to 155 but for some reason my Power Clean was just gone.  I had nothing left to get that weight up to my Front Rack to clear it up.

Needless to say I'm fairly disappointed in my Clean & Jerk score but I'm pretty happy with the rep count on 15.1.

Signing up for the Open was 110% worth it.

• Like 1

Well done! I am getting serious leaderboard regret now.....if only I had better core strength, I could've done so much better at 15.1! And I definitely could have done better at 15.1A, as I was far too conservative. Ah well! Live and learn.... :)

I hear ya, GreenMatt.  I should have been Cleaning my C&J instead of Power Cleaning, I should have warmed up with less weight, I should have used the pull up bar without hockey tape (destroyed my callouses), et cetera.

I'm only a month+ in after 7 months off.  I should be pleased with myself for signing up at all, and I ought to keep that in mind!

I was away doing all the things this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to post.

I did 15.1 rx'd and I'm pretty happy with my score.  I did 87 on 15.1 and 205 lbs (93 kilo) on 15.1a.  I broke up the T2B in sets of 5 to start out with and dropped a bit from there.  The deadlifts were all unbroken, but the snatches are still a little heavy for me to chain so I did them as singles.

I was debating doing it again yesterday, but my coach had me do Annie on Friday (50-40-30-20-10 double unders and sit ups).  I was unable to move properly all weekend, so that was that.  Lol!

Way to go everyone!  Here's looking forward to 15.2!

• Like 2

Did 15.2 scaled - pretty disappointed with 54 reps, to be honest. I was hoping to get to the third round but only managed 8 pull ups in the last round of 10. :( So many extra reps I could have gotten! Oh well.

Good work, GreenMatt.  i found the announcement of 15.2 supremely disappointing because pullups are something I still really struggle with.  I'll be pleased to complete a full round scaled, or three-quarters of an RX round.  I'm going to see if I can't fluke my way into a C2B in the warmup and go from there.

Damn you, Dave Castro!