• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FROX

DC Area?

Hey DC peeps, how far is baltimore from DC? Because I will be in the area in about a month from now.

Depending on the traffic and time of day, 1-3 hours.

Honestly, if it is out side of rush hour traffic, an hour or a bit more. In side of rush hour, pull a number out of the air :-) Either way, let us know when you're in the area!

I'm terrible at planning meetups, so I've been waiting for someone else to do that part :-)

EDIT: I believe the best I've ever made it was around 45 minutes.

Depending on the traffic and time of day, 1-3 hours.

Honestly, if it is out side of rush hour traffic, an hour or a bit more. In side of rush hour, pull a number out of the air :-) Either way, let us know when you're in the area!

I'm terrible at planning meetups, so I've been waiting for someone else to do that part :-)

EDIT: I believe the best I've ever made it was around 45 minutes.

Yeah, I'll be driving outside of rush hour. It's been over a decade since I was in the capitol. Would be nice to wander around again. And will Steve be back in that area by then? Be nice to meet Rebel Leader on my vacation since I'll have met Second in Command on the same trip.

Let's get this started - looks like we have a lot of interest! How soon would everyone like to meet? If people are available next week, we could do introductions and talk about our goals for the upcoming challenge. Would be nice to meet everyone and bounce around some ideas.

Anyone interested in meeting next week? We need to figure out day/time/area. DC/VA/MD? Somewhere central to us all. 6:00? 6:30? I live and work in DC, but would venture into NoVa if that's where we decide to meet.

Let's get this started - looks like we have a lot of interest! How soon would everyone like to meet? If people are available next week, we could do introductions and talk about our goals for the upcoming challenge. Would be nice to meet everyone and bounce around some ideas.

Anyone interested in meeting next week? We need to figure out day/time/area. DC/VA/MD? Somewhere central to us all. 6:00? 6:30? I live and work in DC, but would venture into NoVa if that's where we decide to meet.

I'd be down with this. I work at Fort Belvoir, but live in Arlington (Ballston). I can do DC or NOVA anytime after 6, but preferably the 6:30-7 time frame. Wed nights I have volleyball in Dupont and Thurs nights I have kickball on the Mall (yes...I'm one of those :-).

I'm down. Is there any way to group PM everyone in this thread? I feel like everyone doesn't see this thread when it is updated, especially with all of the challenge posts under "what's new?"

Where in Clarendon? I don't really frequent the area, so I'm not sure of what's around.

How about Monday, May 7th, 7pm somewhere in Clarendon? Who's in?

This works for me!

I'm down. Is there any way to group PM everyone in this thread? I feel like everyone doesn't see this thread when it is updated, especially with all of the challenge posts under "what's new?"

Where in Clarendon? I don't really frequent the area, so I'm not sure of what's around.

I missed it during all the posts and my accidental hit of the "Mark all as read button" earlier.

As to locations, I'll throw out a few: Whitlow's Rooftop if weather is nice, Liberty Tavern, Spider Kelley's, Clarendon Ballroom rooftop (I'm assuming its open, but haven't been this year yet).

EDIT: And, I just subscribed to this thread. Not sure why I hadn't done that yet!??!

Hey, I'll be working out on the mall on fri, sat, and prob sun am. Any joiners?

Also prob hitting up xfit regionals (spectator) on Sunday? Anyone else?

Edited by cline

I'd definitely be up for meeting some fellow DC-area nerds! Monday, May 7, works great for me. I live in the Clarendon/Courthouse area, and IcedTrip's potential locations are all good. Another one might be Restaurant 3 in Clarendon - good beer selection, lots of bacon on the menu, and some good outdoor seating.

Lets say Whitlow's on Wilson, (the WoW abbreviation makes it feel appropriately nerdy) 7pm Monday May 7.

Should we try to bother with reservations/getting a table? Or just show up and hope for the best? I'm happy to run logistics if necessary.