• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FROX

DC Area?

Awesome! I'll be at Whitlow's at 7, I've never been but I'm guessing there's a bar, I'll be the girl with the short curly hair trying to not freak out about meeting new people. Possibly with the hubster in tow :)

So, it looks like IrishAmazon, Quembelle, and Gonestarfishing are all in.

SuperVillian, will you be able to make it?

Whitlow's has a rooftop, so do we want to meet on the rooftop or somewhere inside? I'll be the 6'3 guy that looks like the one in my avatar :)

Rooftop it is! Look for the tallest girl in the room, girl with short curly hair not freaking out, and "the one in the picture without the giant orange beard"....check ;)

Ahhh! Sorry guys, tried to log on to the forums earlier today to post but they were down :/...I ended up having to take my car to the shop this evening and am relying on the mercy of my roommate to cart me around. I'm also in the middle of a strict paleo sugar fast (no alcohol!) so going out isn't terribly conducive to my diet. Rats! We should do it again soon and I promise I won't flake.

If anyone is interested, I'll be playing lacrosse/other random field games with some friends this weekend somewhere off of Columbia Pike near the Cinema n' Draft House!

Sorry to hear that Gonestarfishing! Car repairs are never fun! Missed having you there tonight, but don't worry, we already talked about ideas for another one that will be non Happy Hour and non alcohol. Maybe something active. As for this weekend, I'll actually be out doing similar things for a friends birthday, but somewhere in DC.

Quembelle, IrishAmazon, and PrincessTigerLily....it was nice to meet all of you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3171[/ATTACH]

Hopefully this works. All I can say is it's kinda weird to be SO SHORT at 5'10". Also, I realize that we should have taken the picture before Princess Tiger Lilly left...

I had a great time! Looking forward to the next one!

post-4446-13567243789832_thumb.jpg

It was a bad day for the blog to be down. I kept trying to check for the details but couldn't to this site. I went to the bar and checked out the rooftop, etc but couldn't find you guys. Had a half off burger at the bar and then went home. Will check back for next time.

Had to work on Monday but hope you guys had a good time. I'll try to make the next one.

There was some mention of a non-alcohol based meetup, how would you guys feel about one of those living social/groupon adventures.

One of those adventure things from living social would kick ass.

Also, there is a ropes course : http://sandyspringadventurepark.org/ I've been and it's a lot of fun.

Also, is anyone interested in rock climbing? I go to SportRock in Alexandria but am looking for a new climbing buddy. You have to take an intro course and pass a belay test (maybe you can take the test without the class, i'm not sure). PM me if you're interested :)

Hey guys, I am going to be in DC at the end of June. I believe the 22-26. We'll be staying at the Washington Hilton and won't have access to a car. Anyone gonna be around? :)

Would anyone want to sign up as a NerdFitness team for this fun 5k "race" http://thecolorrun.com/washington-dc/#race_info

The dates are September 9 or Oct 21.

I have some friends that are trying to get me to sign up as well, so looks like with even more people trying to convince me, I might have to cave and do it :)

Hey guys, I am going to be in DC at the end of June. I believe the 22-26. We'll be staying at the Washington Hilton and won't have access to a car. Anyone gonna be around? :)

Yes, I'll be around, and we definitely should set something up while you're in town.....even though you're a Monolith :P . BigM mentioned he was going to be swinging through the area too sometime, but that may have been related to the Boston meetup.

Would anyone want to sign up as a NerdFitness team for this fun 5k "race" http://thecolorrun.com/washington-dc/#race_info

The dates are September 9 or Oct 21.

I'd be up for the September 9th date. Looks like a fun race. The October date's a little too close to Marine Corps Marathon weekend for me. Bummed I missed the meet up - at 6'2", looks like I would've been in good company! Looking forward to the next event.

I'm going to be in PA that weekend on a Hiking trip but should be around Monday/Tuesday if anything is planned for then.

I will be living in Laurel here in October, so if there is anything going on then or meet-ups or whatnot let me know. I would be just moving to the area and would know only the people I would be working with, so it would be nice to network with people I don't work with.