Wanting to Start Strength Training!

I highly recommend using a program, either Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe or Stronglifts. Mark has a great book out and lots of videos to help you get good form. or New RULES OF LIFTING (sorry, my shift key is kinda borked)  is also good (especially if the bar is too heavy for you and you need to start with dumbbells).

Focus on form before anything else. Once you can do all the reps and sets, move up in weight next time. progressive overload is the key to getting stronger. 

Level 2 Warrior  | STR 4 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 3 |

Current Challenge  First Challenge

Hello! I've never heard of vegetarian paleo before and now must head to Google U to find out more!

I just completed my first week of strength training and am using the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I really dig the author's way of explaining things. Very plain and kinda funny if you dig some snark and self-deprecating humor. And the plan is easy to follow and not overly intimidating.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Previous Challenges: 1 ~ Current Challenge

I like it. I mean, there are some exercises I wish I could skip, but then I gear myself up by looking to my future-self looking back and smirking at how I dominated what I hate. Mind games are the best tools, I say. And something very cool happened. After a full week of strength training and a full week of muscle soreness somewhere on my body all the time, I woke up this morning in no pain. The day after a workout! I was sure I did something wrong but was told by a powerlifter that after regular training there shouldn't really be pain unless I kick it up a big notch. Total bonus! I just assumed pain was part of it and had made my decision to keep offering myself as tribute for my goals. Now I can train with little pain? Woo hoo!

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Previous Challenges: 1 ~ Current Challenge